E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Help with head lights!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 05:11 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i M Sport 2005

hi im new to the forum and its my first post, i have a 530i m sport and my headlights are abit weird they flicker alot and i have parking light faults on both lights.
i bought the car in march and have always had this fault, the lights also have dynamic xenon but they dont work with the wheel. i think these lights have been installed as a replacment part, the models that come with xenon are ment to have headlight washers i think. i dont and they is no loom, i wonder if they have just been connected and maybe need the wiring changing abit, if i can get the dynamic working then great but if its going to cost a bomb im not that bothered just want them to work, i think the light are auto level to and i have a level switch this also does not work! hope someone can help im going to remove the lights soon as i have new AE lamps to fit. has anyone had this problem? and it be fixed?
Old 11-29-2010, 05:15 AM
Members

https://5series.net/forums/topic/103...n-conversion/#

will these pin outs be the same?
Old 11-29-2010, 06:19 AM
Members

iv taken the lights out and inside each light they is a CAP 4700uf on the - side and yellow on + side of the CAP, the yellow and brown wire goes to the xenon unit on the bottom of the light. the dynamic system is controlled by the smaller plug that has 3pins iv only managed to find to pins they go to the control unit thats on the bottom of the light next to the xenon unit. i think all the dynamic system if fine is they a control box inside the car? maybe im missing this. or do u need the light to be programed? i have had the smaller conector unpluged and the lights stil bounce anybe the xenons not getting the power it needs. il take some pics the guy who installed these needs a slap its all taped so im going to solder it.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:26 AM
Members

i installed the light back today with al the wires soldered and they dont seam to be a flicker, the dynamic lights stil dont work
iv been looking at couple of threads and i think i need to change my Light Control Unit.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:05 AM
Members

My Ride: 530xi 07' fully loaded...stock :(

welll hmm, besides your not double-post but ur quattro post lol, lets start by your year of the car, and btw if you in the US obvouisly im pretty sure u get headlights washers with cold weather pack..? also you said you have dynamic xenon? i think you mean bi-xenon headlights and by having those that doesnt mean you have adaptive headlights (adaptive = move with direction of steering) alsooo it seems your having quite a few problems with headlights and always with headlights you wouldn't wanna f***shit up for the fear of that 1,500$ replacement, so a person in your position should probably see a dealer if your in the tristate are and willing to drive to NJ, let me know i work at bmw stealership lol
Old 12-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Members

its a 2005 530i m sport. i live in the uk, the car does not have headlight washers, think they only come with xenon lights package from dealer. i think the last owner has fitted the xenon headlights. inside they light it says dynamic xenon and has all the gears and motors for them to be the adaptive headlights. the light control unit is for the halogen headlights, will i need to change this to the xenon control unit?
Old 12-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

This was a hack job for the xenon headlights. You will never get the dynamic lights.