E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

HELP! Eurospec Headlights Compatability Question.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 11:27 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PS: Remember to change your avatar once the mod is done
Old 05-17-2006, 05:43 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

I just hope I can find a solution. Are you coming to CarLab's open house bbq on Sat? They're having it at 1pm at their new location across the parking lot from the old shop. I'll be there if I can find a sitter.

Fred,
So which part number is the one in your picture? If I have that, then I guess I can try to get the other ones. I assume the other ballast will fit.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:40 AM
Contributors

BUMP

I NEED HELP!!!!
Old 05-18-2006, 10:53 AM
Contributors

ECF,

I know what you meant now. That light has oval receptor.
In fact, you got the wrong light. It's for D1S bulb. Not for D2S which you currently have on your car.
Try to fit your current D2S bulb in your new bought headlight and you'll see what I meant. The best solution is resell it on eBay, and buy different one and make sure you'll see bottom pic next time you bid.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:55 AM
Contributors

That is not what I want to hear. hahaha

Can I buy the new controllers and D1S bulbs instead?
Old 05-18-2006, 12:12 PM
Contributors

If you have part number for the headlight, call Garry Romani at New Port BMW. Give him the part number and he'll give you the part that matches your headlight.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:44 PM
Contributors

I had CarLab call their connection at BMW parts and they couldn't find these headlights in their system. I think it's because they're looking at the US parts list. They did check and the headlights do say D1S.

This is getting worse by the minute. Right now, it looks like the only way for me to make this work is buy the ballasts from Europe and new D1S bulbs. Total additional cost is going to be close to $1K I think.

Can any members from Europe help me out here with ideas on prices for those ballasts/bulbs and suggestions?

TIA.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:28 PM
Contributors

BUMP.

So does anyone know where I can get these OEM ballasts and D1S bulbs for cheap??

HELLLPPPP!!
Old 05-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Gone: 2004 525i Jet Black, Built 03/04, Premium Package, Black Dakota Leather, Halogen to Euro Spec Bi-Xenons Retrofit, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Steptronic Breyton Spirit Reps 20x9F 20x10R - Nitto NT555 245/35/20F-275/30/20R, M5 Front Bumper, H&R Sport Springs, Chrome Grills, 20% Tint, Euro Reflectors, Debadged, Aux Input, CIP v19.x

Tough situation to be in :\

I can only confirm that my euro xenon's also came with a D1S bulbs.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:07 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='284478' date='May 18 2006, 07:44 PM
I had CarLab call their connection at BMW parts and they couldn't find these headlights in their system. I think it's because they're looking at the US parts list. They did check and the headlights do say D1S.

This is getting worse by the minute. Right now, it looks like the only way for me to make this work is buy the ballasts from Europe and new D1S bulbs. Total additional cost is going to be close to $1K I think.

Can any members from Europe help me out here with ideas on prices for those ballasts/bulbs and suggestions?

TIA.

Sorry to hear about your Euro headlight problems as I had them too. I ordered through eBay.de and they were not Adaptive, even though the guy said that they were. Fortunately mine found a good home on Busta's car.

By the way, if they tried to look up the numbers that were on the headlights they would not have found anything. Those are not the real part numbers that BMW uses.

Your problem is not a US vs. EURO model thing, it's just a production date problem. All the ballasts and igniters on US and Euro models before Jan 16 2005 were exactly the same part number. They were for the D2S bulbs. After January 17 2005 production they switched to the D1S bulbs, ballasts and igniters. Again, the part numbers for both US and Euro versions are the same. So it seems like you can buy them from US dealerships, however, you would need not only the ballasts but the igniters and D1S bulbs ( I am assuming that your lights did not include the bulbs and igniters either). It seems like the new igniters come with the D1S bulbs already, but there is a bulb holder that you would need to get also.

I am posting 4 pictures below from BMW's ETK. One is for the US ballasts, one for the Euro ballasts, one for the US igniters, and one for the Euro Igniters. If you look at the yellow highlighted lines you can see that the US and EURO part numbers are the same. I am also posting two pictures of the headlight that I had ordered from eBay.de, one shows the D1S ballast and the other shows the D1S Igniter:

US Ballasts

EURO Ballasts

US Igniters

EURO Igniters

Quick Reply: HELP! Eurospec Headlights Compatability Question.