E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Have any new M-Tech quad diffusers come out in the last few months?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 02:58 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was stopped at a red light a couple of weeks ago and someone hit my car from the back. The bumper and the diffuser have to be replaced and I don't want to get the Rieger again. Yes, I know I could just get an M5 bumper, but I don't want the car to look too much like an M5 as I'm not trying to make an M5 clone....besides I like the look of a separate diffuser more than an all in one quad bumper.

For those of you that don't know I got the Rieger diffuser from Eurorev and had them put on a carbon fiber overlay on it. Even though I like the look of the Rieger I was never really happy with the quality/fit. Eurorev's CF work is nice, but the Rieger itself was a VERY thin piece and felt like cheap plastic to start with and once installed it didn't fit well (had a gap on the sides). Like most aftermarket diffusers the Rieger does not have the mounting tabs on the top and sides like the OEM diffusers do, so it has to be attached with adhesive, but it seemed like it was just a tiny bit too narrow to fit correctly and left some gaps around it. Having the CF overlay on it didn't help either because it made it too stiff and it wasn't possible to flex it slightly and "force it " to fit correctly.

So now that I have to replace the diffuser I'd rather not get the Rieger again. At this point I'm either going to get the Eurorev CF ACS style diffuser or the original Hamann with Eurorev CF overlay. The problem is that the Hamann is way too expensive to begin with and would take the overall cost too high after the CF work is done on it. So I was curious if any of you know of anything new that has come out in the last few months (other than what I have in the list below):

-OEM diff. modified.........don't like it.
-RD Sport.....from the pics that I've seen it looks just like the OEM with a horizontal line/lip on it....it looks too close to OEM.
-Rieger............didn't like the quality.
-3D Design..........too expensive for what it is.
-Hamann............too expensive after the CF overlay, but I might get this anyway.
-Eurorev CF ACS Style..............might end up getting this or the Hamann.

Are there any others that I've missed? If not I would either get the Hamann or ACS style.........or as much as I don't like the quality I may end up getting another Rieger as I do like the look.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: alpinewhite's ride

Rody go Hamann , but with the M5 rear you have more clearance for the exhaust tips.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Make: BMW Model: 525i Exterior Color: Alpine White Interior Color: Beige Leather Trans: Steptronic Options Include: 205 Automatic Trans - Steptronic 6 spd 423 BMW Floor Mats ZPP Premium Package ZSP Sport Package

I have rieger now and love it, I would never put on the ACS as it looks too aggresive for the car, I like the hamann but like you said, too expensive, but if you could afford it, go hamann
Old 09-25-2008, 10:37 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

RD Sport diffuser!!

Have any new M-Tech quad diffusers come out in the last few months?-rd_sport_diffuser.jpg
Old 09-25-2008, 11:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 530i Color: Jet Black/Black Anthracite STEP | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 EXTERIOR: M-Tech Kit | M5 Mirrors, Trunk Finisher | Jet Black Kidney Surrounds | Madico Charcool Tint 54%, 35% LIGHTING: Euro-Headlights | Euro-LCI Tail Lights | AiB V3.0 | Solaris Invisi-bulbs | OEM LED Plate Lights PERFORMANCE: Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads | K&N Air Filter WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Work VS-XX 20x9, 20x10 | Toyo T1R 245/30/20, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/25/20 | KW V2 Coilovers | Rogue Engineering 15mm Spacers

I have the RD quad diffuser sitting in my garage if you're interested.