E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Has anyone installed the REMUS exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 11:15 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545 SMG Individual interior, all options except Nav & HUD.

Remus are reputed to be very good in Europe. I wanted to know if they are known in the US and if someone has installed them..would love to see pics as well if possible.

TIA!
Old 01-29-2005, 11:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i w/ sports and premium pakage, titanium silver, gray dakota leather w/ polar grain wood trim, steptronic

Originally Posted by offshore' date='Jan 20 2005, 02:15 AM
Remus are reputed to be very good in Europe.? I wanted to know if they are known in the US and if someone has installed them..would love? to see pics as well if possible.

TIA!
[snapback]81030[/snapback]
JDN has one and soundclips too~ click Remus sports exhaust in his sig
Old 01-30-2005, 05:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Hey JDN,

Being kinda quiet about that exhaust, aren't you? (pardon the pun) .
Are you happy with it??
Old 01-30-2005, 07:27 PM
JDN
Contributors

I like it. It's a compromise between too loud and being able to hear it. It really is not offensive at all to my wife which was a consideration. I have a long alley to crawl through to get to the street and she didn't want me bugging the neighbors and sounding like a Harley. Probably more subtle than the B&B, but will try to get a driveaway sometime this week. She's agreed to hold the camera. I may not have a long enough run to make a shift, but we'll see. I have a dead end picked out. Would hate to bang it up just for a sound clip. I have no idea how a drive away would sound, but it sounded pretty good stepping down in 2nd and winding a little in traffic. Really don't have enough experience yet. Still evaluating. Have I hedged enuf?
Attached Thumbnails Has anyone installed the REMUS exhaust?-remuslogo.jpg  
Old 01-30-2005, 07:51 PM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by offshore' date='Jan 20 2005, 02:15 AM
Remus are reputed to be very good in Europe.? I wanted to know if they are known in the US and if someone has installed them..would love? to see pics as well if possible.

TIA!
[snapback]81030[/snapback]
Just noticed your request for pictures. Here are some of the package after opening and before install. Install was as simple as it could be. Actually could have been done on mine without going to a muffler shop, but I wanted to restore my resonator. That was the biggest job, but all looks good. The quality looks good. The right tip is slightly longer than the left and the tips sit a little lower. If I raise the entire muffler to raise the tips, it might bump the frame as the rubber hangers soften. This muffler was really packed solid for shipping.
Attached Thumbnails Has anyone installed the REMUS exhaust?-remuspacked.jpg   Has anyone installed the REMUS exhaust?-remuslabel.jpg   Has anyone installed the REMUS exhaust?-remustips.jpg  
Old 01-30-2005, 08:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i w/ sports and premium pakage, titanium silver, gray dakota leather w/ polar grain wood trim, steptronic

i like this design more than B&B.i think B&B is too thin...and love that symbols on exhaust, and i like that deep low tone.i was deciding between remus and B&B,remus was $100 cheaper. but never heard remus on e60 and i realized that u had sound clip after i made my order.. well~ i already orderd B&B wish i get nice sound and fall in love...
Old 01-30-2005, 09:22 PM
Contributors

Nice exhaust JDN. I'm surprised so many on this forum are opting for the B&B triflow exhaust. Haven't heard it on an e60 or a 545i, but from hearing it on other BMWs, it is quite loud. Supposedly one the loudest exhausts available for BMWs. Loud is one thing, but the drone itself would keep me away.

Doesn't seem to fitting of the e60, though I'd love to have one .
Old 01-31-2005, 05:58 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 E63 AMG -- Palladium Silver/Black. Love this car but looking to switch things up to keep things fresh. 2nd AMG in a row, but toying with coming back into the BMW fold!

Originally Posted by JiMmY912' date='Jan 31 2005, 12:02 AM
i like this design more than B&B.i think B&B is too thin...and love that symbols on exhaust, and i like that deep low tone.i was deciding between remus and B&B,remus was $100 cheaper. but never heard remus on e60 and i realized that u had sound clip after i made my order.. well~ i already orderd B&B wish i get nice sound and fall in love...
[snapback]84998[/snapback]
JiMmY912,

I shared the same sentiment before seeing the B&B in person. I could never get a good look at the pipes and felt I would miss the rolled edge of the factory exhaust. Now as an owner of the B&B, all I can tell you is the it is absolutely awesome and much more substantial than stock. I will never own another car without a B&B. It's build quality, sound tone, and appearance are amazing. If you check with any of the posters that have installed one, they never are disappointed.

I have had a Remus exhaust before on an Audi and it was also nice. However, the sound was very loud (lots drone from the resonance) and the build quality, though good, is not the same as the B&B. The Remus is more a high volume/mass produced product, whereas the B&B is a carefully crafted work of art. When you see it in the box, you almost do not want it to get dirty by installing it. The very reasons that I stated above are why you see more people getting the B&B over the Remus or other products. If you go the B&B route, I am certain you will be happy you did.

Best of Luck on you decision!
Old 01-31-2005, 08:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Originally Posted by JiMmY912' date='Jan 31 2005, 12:02 AM
If you go through B&B directly you can custom order the tips that you want.

Also, at the time B&B was one of the only sources for an aftermarket exhaust.
No regrets here, by the way.
Just wish I could get my car back from being repaired.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:20 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 E63 AMG -- Palladium Silver/Black. Love this car but looking to switch things up to keep things fresh. 2nd AMG in a row, but toying with coming back into the BMW fold!

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='Jan 31 2005, 12:35 PM
[quote name='JiMmY912' date='Jan 31 2005, 12:02 AM']i like this design more than B&B.i think B&B is too thin...and love that symbols on exhaust, and i like that deep low tone.i was deciding between remus and B&B,remus was $100 cheaper. but never heard remus on e60 and i realized that u had sound clip after i made my order.. well~ i already orderd B&B wish i get nice sound and fall in love...
If you go through B&B directly you can custom order the tips that you want.

Also, at the time B&B was one of the only sources for an aftermarket exhaust.
No regrets here, by the way.
Just wish I could get my car back from being repaired.
[snapback]85132[/snapback]
[/quote]

Surprisingly, when I tried to go to B&B directly to address the issue of tips, they were not willing to use a different tip on the 545i. Perhaps that has changed.

I have heard a lot of people comment on Eisenmann Exhausts, and perhaps it is nice in person, but the few video clips that I have seen of their products would make me cry if I found it on my car.

Quick Reply: Has anyone installed the REMUS exhaust?