E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

HAS ANYONE DONE THE NON-LCI LIGHT UNLOCKING MOD

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 11:42 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has anyone looked at this harness and whether it will fulfill the task?

http://www.umnitza.com/umnitza-wirin...es-p-1230.html
Old 02-23-2010, 12:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by mmitev
has anyone looked at this harness and whether it will fulfill the task?

http://www.umnitza.c...yes-p-1230.html
Yup, that's the harness that is needed for this mod. This comes with the Orion V2's, which I have. I'm planning to do the install tonight. Hopefully everything will work correctly. Fairly simple. I think... I'm talking to Umnitza right now actually to clarify somethings.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:59 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nigxdoof
Yup, that's the harness that is needed for this mod. This comes with the Orion V2's, which I have. I'm planning to do the install tonight. Hopefully everything will work correctly. Fairly simple. I think... I'm talking to Umnitza right now actually to clarify somethings.
good luck and let us know how it works!

so basically I can buy just the harness, replace my stock one with it, and I will have my AEs light up when lock/unlock?

I presume though this will not make my rear light LEDs do the same?
Old 02-23-2010, 10:51 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

I had the Umnitza predator chromium angel eyes on my E46 M3 a few years ago and then bought the remote wiring harness and hooked it up in 10 minutes. I spliced it to the light wiring under the glove box and it worked like a charm. I might still have the instructions somewhere but not sure if the same thing applies for our cars. Hopefully it will be just as simple for us.

I had to run the wiring from the engine bay area through a rubber piece which I poked a hole in that fed into my glove box. From there I had to reach in and find the wire and pull it down. I bought a splice connector thingy for like a buck and spliced it to one of the footwell light cables and bam, it worked! Would love to see if we can do this for our cars.

Here is a youtube video I followed:

Old 02-23-2010, 11:08 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Can you use this remote with our stock angel eyes? Also, is there a way for pre-LCI cars to be wired/coded to have our angel eyes on all the time instead of having to manually switch to DRLs? I like leaving my headlights on the auto setting, but then no angel eyes on during the day .
Old 02-24-2010, 02:27 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

All you have to do is power the angel eyes with the footwell lights through a diode and you are sorted. You can do all this from inside the car itself. The hardest job will be finding the angel eye wires inside the car.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mmitev
good luck and let us know how it works!

so basically I can buy just the harness, replace my stock one with it, and I will have my AEs light up when lock/unlock?

I presume though this will not make my rear light LEDs do the same?

Originally Posted by TakmaN
I had the Umnitza predator chromium angel eyes on my E46 M3 a few years ago and then bought the remote wiring harness and hooked it up in 10 minutes. I spliced it to the light wiring under the glove box and it worked like a charm. I might still have the instructions somewhere but not sure if the same thing applies for our cars. Hopefully it will be just as simple for us.

I had to run the wiring from the engine bay area through a rubber piece which I poked a hole in that fed into my glove box. From there I had to reach in and find the wire and pull it down. I bought a splice connector thingy for like a buck and spliced it to one of the footwell light cables and bam, it worked! Would love to see if we can do this for our cars.

Here is a youtube video I followed:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=oI95QUH_mP0

Originally Posted by TakmaN
Can you use this remote with our stock angel eyes? Also, is there a way for pre-LCI cars to be wired/coded to have our angel eyes on all the time instead of having to manually switch to DRLs? I like leaving my headlights on the auto setting, but then no angel eyes on during the day .

This is for an E46 M3 method,

http://www.fastm.com/m3/angeleyes_orionv2.html

This will keep the angel eyes on at all times. Even as DRL's.

http://www.umnitza.com/gallery/E60instructions

This is to supplement the install.

I think I might follow bruce's method, just wiring the angel eye power to the footwell. You just have to figure out what is powering it in the LCM.

But the thing is, doesn't the footwell come on when I open my door also? I know the lights under the mirror only come on and turn off once the car is started. How can we find the wire for that?
Old 02-24-2010, 04:34 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

I think I might follow bruce's method, just wiring the angel eye power to the footwell. You just have to figure out what is powering it in the LCM.

But the thing is, doesn't the footwell come on when I open my door also? I know the lights under the mirror only come on and turn off once the car is started. How can we find the wire for that?
That will need a wire from the door module back into the car. I wired by puddle lights of the mirrors to the door lights so they do come on when I open the doors.

I actually think it will look 'cool' to have the angel eyes come on when you open the door, it's also like the car is looking to see who has stepped out.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:47 AM
Contributors

Anyone know the module / code for the exterior light on our mirrors so that I can find in the WDS BMW for the E60? I'm looking through it and I can't find where the Exterior light for our side mirrors are.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:51 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
That will need a wire from the door module back into the car. I wired by puddle lights of the mirrors to the door lights so they do come on when I open the doors.

I actually think it will look 'cool' to have the angel eyes come on when you open the door, it's also like the car is looking to see who has stepped out.
Ah that makes sense.

What happens to the power of the angel eye when you have the car still on and you open the door? I know the diode prevents power from the angel eye to go into the footwell. but will the power from the footwell surge the power of the angel eye?

Quick Reply: HAS ANYONE DONE THE NON-LCI LIGHT UNLOCKING MOD