E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

HAS ANYONE DONE THE NON-LCI LIGHT UNLOCKING MOD

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 09:54 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys hows it goin? I was wondering if anyone actually finished the lighting mod that illuminates your angel eyes and your tail light rods when you unlock your doors on a PRE-LCI. That is an amazing mod and I would LOVEEEE to get this ASAP! Let me know and thanks in advance!!
Old 02-20-2010, 11:08 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW e60 525IA 12/2003

Originally Posted by jashy247
Hey guys hows it goin? I was wondering if anyone actually finished the lighting mod that illuminates your angel eyes and your tail light rods when you unlock your doors on a PRE-LCI. That is an amazing mod and I would LOVEEEE to get this ASAP! Let me know and thanks in advance!!
Hi

No big deal , either get BMW to code "welcomelight" or find somebody with access to the INPA NCS-Expert software/program that can do it for you.

Kind Regards
/BenAnd
Old 02-21-2010, 06:52 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BenAnd
Hi

No big deal , either get BMW to code "welcomelight" or find somebody with access to the INPA NCS-Expert software/program that can do it for you.

Kind Regards
/BenAnd

Doesnt it need to be wired so those lights can come one, I dont think that coding will make a difference, only with the LCI (08+) I have an 05. I just want my angel eyes and my tail light rods to light up when i open the car. Are you sure I can go to the dealership and just say i want the welcome light software upgrade?
Old 02-23-2010, 07:57 AM
Senior Members

Can anyone please fill me in..thanks
Old 02-23-2010, 07:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

I'm going to do this mod soon. Trying to figure out where I can get the right connections / what to connect.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2013 535i xDrive AW/Black M-kit

it took me 10 minutes to do this on the 3 series. took 2 wires being run to a main harness but the firewall under the hood. i would imagine it wouldnt be too much harder

Old 02-23-2010, 09:23 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by nigxdoof
I'm going to do this mod soon. Trying to figure out where I can get the right connections / what to connect.

Actually, I already have the answer to this, and have test wired it to a LCI.

Thing is, for us with Orions, this might be no good because the relay used for the Orion setup causes a loud electric power phasing noise that sounds kind of terrible. Think Transformers when they do the transforming thing.

In any case, I will have to ask my buddy which connection we used, but if I recall correctly, it was to one of the interior light (used a wire snake to route it from the front).
Old 02-23-2010, 09:26 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc

Thing is, for us with Orions, this might be no good because the relay used for the Orion setup causes a loud electric power phasing noise that sounds kind of terrible. Think Transformers when they do the transforming thing.

In any case, I will have to ask my buddy which connection we used, but if I recall correctly, it was to one of the interior light (used a wire snake to route it from the front).
What about this.. I'm waiting for Umnitza to respond,

http://www.umnitza.com/predator-remoteon-p-251.html

Anyone have experience with this?
Old 02-23-2010, 09:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 530I

That seems interesting is it only the key and nothing else? just unlock and lock and the lights should term on, guess no installation?
Old 02-23-2010, 11:04 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc

Simon, I spoke to umnitza and they said it is doable and the extra wiring harness it comes with helps enables the remote on and off feature for the orion v2's. I'm just waiting for their response on how to wire it correctly.

Originally Posted by NC916
That seems interesting is it only the key and nothing else? just unlock and lock and the lights should term on, guess no installation?
Its more than that, you need their harness / wiring.

Quick Reply: HAS ANYONE DONE THE NON-LCI LIGHT UNLOCKING MOD