E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Has anyone done this angel eyes mod?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 05:15 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

I found some of the software that he mentioned. So that cable.. is it this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/OBD2-OBD-II-2-USB-VAG-KKL-Cable-for-409-1-Audi-VW-Skoda_W0QQitemZ280307920972QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment?hash=item4143a7704c&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177And can we just use a laptop to do this??

Does anyone know a battery tender for our cars? will that work for our car so that we can program the car with it?? i can probably mimic the OS the software im downloading on the laptop and run it through there. =) if i understand everything correctly.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

Originally Posted by ukamath' post='897086' date='Jun 1 2009, 04:55 PM
If you go to www.bmwecu.org you can click on Register. I just got to the registration page and it seems to work although I didn't register.

NCS is software to program different options for all BMW's. Its available on all the bittorrent websites do a search for bmw inpa or bmw sss. You also have to have a VAG-KKL OBD cable ($15) to talk to the car (for cars up to 2007) after 08 you need a different type of cable. On previous BMW's carsoft/pasoft etc made software to turn on these options but I haven't seen anything for E60's yet. If your ever driving through the Indianapolis area I can enable this for free, it takes less than a minute. I'm working on writing up a guide for this but haven't had the time recently.
hurry up on that write-up.

where could we get the cable?
Old 06-02-2009, 09:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 07 525i

Originally Posted by turboawd' post='897289' date='Jun 1 2009, 09:25 PM
hurry up on that write-up.

where could we get the cable?
The cables available on ebay probably will work however people have bought those and some don't have all the pins populated so they didn't work. I personally bought mine on ebay a few months ago and got lucky and bought it for $2.00 with $13 in shipping. I originally bought it to erase codes in my VW Jetta but realized it works on my E60 also.

The cables from http://www.alpha-bid.com/vagusb.html are known to work. I have not bought it from here but others have and they have worked. These are around 17+shipping.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:12 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Do you still have the ebay link where you got your cable a few mos back?

Originally Posted by ukamath' post='897969' date='Jun 2 2009, 12:08 PM
The cables available on ebay probably will work however people have bought those and some don't have all the pins populated so they didn't work. I personally bought mine on ebay a few months ago and got lucky and bought it for $2.00 with $13 in shipping. I originally bought it to erase codes in my VW Jetta but realized it works on my E60 also.

The cables from http://www.alpha-bid.com/vagusb.html are known to work. I have not bought it from here but others have and they have worked. These are around 17+shipping.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:24 AM
Members

Originally Posted by rborhara' post='897194' date='Jun 1 2009, 07:43 PM
what other options does thst software let you add
ive heard not seen other threads where people have added Alarm lock unlock chime/sound. Angel eyes folding, Mirrors folding etc
Angel Eyes folding...I have no idea what that is. Mirrors folding..yes you can do this once you have the M5 mirrors.

Here are things I have added till now:
Changed to Xenons from Halongens and LEDs. Turned off error message in software (no resistors required)
Add V=MPH option on the instrument cluster just like the M5
Disable the I-Drive Legal accept screen when you turn on the car.

Things I would like to do when I have time:
Change AC option so its off when you turn on the car, I hate that it turns on all the time.
Auto Unlock car when you turn off car so you don't have to pull door handle twice
Lower the volume of the "Gong"
Turn on AE automatically all the time even in the morning.

I have attached a picture of the speed display. Has anyone done this angel eyes mod?-image_134.jpg
Old 06-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by ukamath' post='897969
Do you still have the ebay link where you got your cable a few mos back?
Didn't u guys see my link on ebay?!?! damn i swear no one reads my posts.

Also i was able to get the software for progman and the interface for the serial port for our cars. Will that work the same if i use VMware to mimiic the BMW software?

Has anyone ever done this method? I believe i need a strong battery tender for our car just to make sure. I did get a bunch of software for bmw too. Carsoft and other stuff.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

I did read your post but since we are guessing which cable will work I'm wondering if ukamath may have a direct info.

Originally Posted by nigxdoof' post='897991' date='Jun 2 2009, 12:30 PM

Also i was able to get the software for progman and the interface for the serial port for our cars. Will that work the same if i use VMware to mimiic the BMW software?

Has anyone ever done this method? I believe i need a strong battery tender for our car just to make sure. I did get a bunch of software for bmw too. Carsoft and other stuff.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Members

Originally Posted by nigxdoof' post='897991' date='Jun 2 2009, 01:30 PM

Your one on your link on ebay should work

If you are updating the software yes you need a strong voltage source, the battery tender probably wont cut it unless its a heavy duty one. BMW recommends a 40amp one but this seems excessive. I measured the current draw when the ignition is in the on position and its about 15amps. Batter tenders are usally 5amps since its just used to top-up the batteries.
For just turning on and off these options it takes less than 5 minutes and your battery can handle the car in the "ignition" position for this time without a charger.

Updating the cars software using progman is tricky, one mistake and it could mean a new module. Updating or coding options is much safer your actually not updating the software.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:03 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nigxdoof' post='897991' date='Jun 2 2009, 06:30 PM

Sorry bud im new and ive not seen it!! are you still offering this then?
Old 06-06-2009, 05:58 AM
Members

Any links to someone in the UK that sells the cable, also where can we get the software as the bmwecu link is for invites only not the public.
Cant wait to add Angel eyes on ignition to my 04 530ise

Quick Reply: Has anyone done this angel eyes mod?