E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

H & R coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 04:35 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 Titanium Gray/Black Leather 545i, 6SP Manual, Sport Package, Anthracite Maple Wood, Satellite Preparation. H&R coilover suspension, Radenergie 20's
Arrow

H & R coilovers-dsc00442_01.jpg

I bought the only coilover suspension I know thats available for my 545i which is the H&R. Spent $1313 hooked up price. Installed it myself But I was just wondering why the highest setting is only right on top of the tire. Well I have Radenergie 20's wheel now and it's a little taller than my stock 18's ( as an over all diameter w/tires). Is this right? Or did they mess up making this suspension kit? Isn't the purpose of a coilover suspension is that so you can put it very low and very high up to stock height? And I also noticed that the coils weren't even in rate cuz the nuts one each shock is not at the same height or spot on the shock body. It's about 1/2 inch off. Well I am the newbie in the block. So I guess I don't know anything. Or do I know too much, and asking too many questions?

I like it low and slammed, but after noticing the wheels would rub my front fenders while turning and hitting dips, I got concerned. I was able to fix the rear rubbing by hammering the fender rolls in more. Now i have it on the most highest setting I can on the fronts and its still just right on top of the tire. but it helped alot. my first setting was one finger tucked in the front.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:47 PM
Contributors

Wow..nice looking car. I'd love to see your car in person one of these days. I work in Cerritos near the Performing Arts Center.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Did you buy the wheels after looking at my car?
Old 04-20-2005, 11:31 PM
Contributors

Wow, that looks great, more pics. How is the ride and handling? Any problems with active steering?

Went with the ghetto way of rolling fenders, but as long as they don't rub, then I guess it doesn't matter. Is there actually a difference between hammering the fenders and using the rolling device that shops have?
Old 04-20-2005, 11:32 PM
Contributors

If you can, take it to bimmerfest this saturday. There is an OC caravan meeting in HB, which will hook up with the rest of the socalers at balboa park for the journey to santa barbara.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:16 AM

Can you post more pics of the car please. Car looks sweat so slammed.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Good job!
Old 04-21-2005, 11:26 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Titanium Gray/Black Leather 545i, 6SP Manual, Sport Package, Anthracite Maple Wood, Satellite Preparation. H&R coilover suspension, Radenergie 20's

H & R coilovers-e60_07.jpg
Originally Posted by soc_fans' date='Apr 21 2005, 12:07 AM
Did you buy the wheels after looking at my car??
[snapback]117951[/snapback]
Actually I heard about these wheels from my friend Ro. Then when I saw the add by Wheel Power on the 6 series, I fell in love instantly. Still hesitant about how it will look on the 5. I went to wheel power to see pics of it on the 5. After seeing it, I fell inlove. But I was looking at my 5 series pics that I've been saving through time and I did come across a Silver Gray with these wheels. Here's a pic that I had prior to buying these wheels.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:36 AM
Members

H & R coilovers-dsc00445_01.jpg
Originally Posted by heezy545i' date='Apr 21 2005, 12:31 AM
Wow, that looks great, more pics.? How is the ride and handling?? Any problems with active steering?

Went with the ghetto way of rolling fenders, but as long as they don't rub, then I guess it doesn't matter.? Is there actually a difference between hammering the fenders and using the rolling device that shops have?
[snapback]117963[/snapback]
I had it pretty low at first. I was informed that the wheels should fit with no rubbing. But then when I got the wheel installed w/ 275/30/20 rear 245/35/20 front nitto 555's. It rubbed. I can even smell the burning tire. I got concerned. The next day I was gonna raise it, but instead I got curious where it was rubbing, I saw the rub marks on the inner fender rolls, then I hammered it. I was scared as hell But I just had to do it. No more rubbing in the rear. I guess its ghetto, but its free....haha. and looks cleanly done. The fronts on the other hand is a little more complicated. Here's a pic of my car with the fronts raised to the max on H&R coilovers. It got way better on the rubbing while turning. I guess I just have to be more careful going up drive ways and dips.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:46 AM
Members

Originally Posted by heezy545i' date='Apr 21 2005, 12:32 AM
If you can, take it to bimmerfest this saturday.? There is an OC caravan meeting in HB, which will hook up with the rest of the socalers at balboa park for the journey to santa barbara.
[snapback]117964[/snapback]
Actually. I will be there. And my car will be on the show with Wheel Power. My car will look a little different. It'll have the Hamann Kit on it. See you there. Hey is that white 5 series with hamann exhaust yours? I held back on getting it cuz it cost like 2900$ for the quad. plus 1000$ for the Hamann rear diffuser. So im gonna leave my rear stock for now. Anyways, It looks good regardless.

Quick Reply: H & R coilovers