5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/)
-   -   Got the sprint booster in...WOW (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/got-sprint-booster-wow-57758/)

wassy 07-06-2008 06:46 PM

does this fit on an '08 550i? I've searched and see various sources, but who is the best to get it from, and the lowest cost? how does this compare to the ECU remap?

I would also like to know how it affects MPG?

thanks all

Boxador 07-06-2008 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by wassy' post='617753' date='Jul 6 2008, 10:46 PM
does this fit on an '08 550i? I've searched and see various sources, but who is the best to get it from, and the lowest cost? how does this compare to the ECU remap?

I would also like to know how it affects MPG?

thanks all

I don't own a SB but from what I've been reading this past couple of weeks since I joined is that it should work for the LCI E60s because I'm planning to eventually get one myself. The best place you can get it is to PM Andy who might still be supplying it right now like he did in June last I saw from another member here. The price is $245. You can't really compare this to the ECU remap because the remap actually adds extra hp/torque from what I've read. The SB does not do that but it gives you a better response time than the usual delay that I understand completely with my X5, 3, and obviously the 5 from what ppl have stated. Some say it adds MPG, some say it actually did a small margin drop, and some say it stay the same. Eventually, members here will suggest you do all 3; Sprintbooster, ECU Remap, and AFE Intake. Correct me if I'm wrong or please feel free to add in more detail seniors.

tex_phil 07-06-2008 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Boxador' post='617723' date='Jul 6 2008, 08:36 PM
I'm confused about the part where you disconnected it. From what I read the first time, it seems like you took off the SB because of the error and you wanted to notice the difference so you drove your car without the SB for comparison. Then you reconnected the SB afterwards back? Was the error still there? The second time I read what you wrote, I get that you just disconnected the SB and reconnect it immediately back and didn't get the error no more. I guess I am confused on what you really meant because you said, "engine isnt revving before and no errors." Did you mean you didn't get the error the 2nd time you plug it in or did you mean that when you took off the SB and just went back to the default BMW wiring, everything went back to normal as usual?

See I don't know if the first time I plugged it in, it it wasn't in all the way. Something definatley wasn't right. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and made sure it was very secure and all was fine. I don't know if the cable being bent effected it the first time. My MPG has actually increased from 19 to 19.8, I drive pretty hard usually, and thats just after one day.

tju317 07-07-2008 07:18 AM

Wow, I just installed it over the weekend and finally drove the car this morning and I'm a believer now! D feels almost like DS and now DS feels even better.

bmx 07-07-2008 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by myfootsmells' post='617542' date='Jul 6 2008, 02:35 PM
Nope it wont. The way the Sprint booster works is when you push the pedal a tiny bit, it's telling the computer you're pushing it a lot more. It's just changing the sensitivity of the throttle but boy is it AWESOME!

Michael

just curious, if that's what SB does, how about change the way we normally step on gas pedal and save $245 on SB? or is it not the same?

jcool10181 07-07-2008 08:06 AM

I'm on my 2nd speeding ticket!!!

tex_phil 07-07-2008 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by bmx' post='618070' date='Jul 7 2008, 11:05 AM
just curious, if that's what SB does, how about change the way we normally step on gas pedal and save $245 on SB? or is it not the same?

I guess some can argue that, but it shifts alot higher when barely hitting the pedal. Its hard to explain the feeling, it removes the lag when u hit the pedal, responds instantly. I have floored it before many times before this, and the power didn't feel anywhere near what this delivered. Maybe its a placebo, I'm not out to have the fastest car or race people on the road. I just want more pickup speed in situations when I need it and when I want to have more fun. I delivers my needs and don't regret the 275.

C's Bimmer 07-07-2008 11:35 AM

Everyone should just buy it and not ask questions. If the 500 "WOW" threads on this forum don't sell you on it first hand, then I don't know what will. Bottom line is....IT'S A MUST...pure and simple! End of story!

Next!

TVT_Design 07-08-2008 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='618220' date='Jul 7 2008, 03:35 PM
Everyone should just buy it and not ask questions. If the 500 "WOW" threads on this forum don't sell you on it first hand, then I don't know what will. Bottom line is....IT'S A MUST...pure and simple! End of story!

Next!

Hi,

New here, but if you are interested in a Sprint Booster check out our thread in the classifieds. One each of the auto and manual version NEW IN BOX, 270.00 shipped. Only one of each. Cheap way to try out the product.

Thanks,

Anthony

dennisl2k079200 07-08-2008 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by TVT_Design' post='619155' date='Jul 8 2008, 10:01 PM
Hi,

New here, but if you are interested in a Sprint Booster check out our thread in the classifieds. One each of the auto and manual version NEW IN BOX, 270.00 shipped. Only one of each. Cheap way to try out the product.

Thanks,

Anthony

Sounds good to me!