E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Got my beige all-weather mat's today

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

The don't look anything like picture, but I think I like them better because they aren't as light, it's just funny the picture that came with the mat's where light beige and also the color in the BMW catalog or anywhere else you see them, maybe BMW changed them because of the scuffing problem with the light beige? I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it...
Old 06-02-2005, 02:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Please do so..

I also have the alweather mats (for half a year) and I can tell you that they are more brown then beige..
Old 06-02-2005, 06:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Jun 2 2005, 06:33 AM
Please do so..

I also have the alweather mats (for half a year) and I can tell you that they are more brown then beige..
[snapback]135415[/snapback]
Do you like them? Do they scuff very bad? Lastly do you use them year round over the reg. mats? Sorry for all the questions, it's just funny how all the pictures show them to be beige, but I read somewhere that the dealers actualy would tell people to just get black because the beige would scuff so bad so maybe that is why they turned so brown, but this is my first BMW so maybe they where always that color ???
Old 06-02-2005, 06:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

They don't scuff. They look really nice (although as said not the exact colour). I don't use them all year (only in the winter). In the summer I use the normal fluffy matts (wich I like much more).

The wintermats are really nice because they have these square blocks on them wich hold fluids very well. So if you have wet or snowy feet the water stays on them perfectly.

I had a leaking coffee mug on the floor (luckily on my matts) and I was able to get it all out without having any coffee on the carpet underneath or leather seats!

These things are perfect! I love em!!
Old 06-02-2005, 06:24 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by John007' date='Jun 2 2005, 10:09 AM
[quote name='530E60NL' date='Jun 2 2005, 06:33 AM']Please do so..

[snapback]135415[/snapback]
Do you like them? Do they scuff very bad? Lastly do you use them year round over the reg. mats? Sorry for all the questions, it's just funny how all the pictures show them to be beige, but I read somewhere that the dealers actualy would tell people to just get black because the beige would scuff so bad so maybe that is why they turned so brown, but this is my first BMW so maybe they where always that color ???
[snapback]135467[/snapback]
[/quote]
Figures I got they yesterday (It has been doing nothing but rain non stop since I got the car almost 2 1/2 weeks ago) and it hasn't rained !!! I was just very scared that with the reg. mats being so light I would kill them. We will see....
Old 06-02-2005, 07:42 AM
Contributors

My summer beige matts are becoming a bit dirty.. The dealer wanted me to go for the black ones.. I told him that on an 86.000 euro car with beige interior belong beige matts and I will buy a new set from him every year. A new set is around 50 euros. I think that is a small amount of money to have everything beige all year round..

(I think I don't need new mats for another year so I'll have used them 1,5 years).
Old 06-02-2005, 09:29 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Jun 2 2005, 11:42 AM
My summer beige matts are becoming a bit dirty.. The dealer wanted me to go for the black ones.. I told him that on an 86.000 euro car with beige interior belong beige matts and I will buy a new set from him every year. A new set is around 50 euros. I think that is a small amount of money to have everything beige all year round..

(I think I don't need new mats for another year so I'll have used them 1,5 years).
[snapback]135486[/snapback]
Hey just thought of something could you have some kind of stain resisting put on them? Like rugs have like scottguard or something put on the mats to prolong/prevent dirt and stains ??? We can invent it if there isn't think of all the euros you will save from buying new mats every 1.5 years