E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Got my ACS 'look' front lip installed today.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009 | 07:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='780144' date='Jan 29 2009, 08:09 AM
Big ouch... I paid $60 for the part, $150 for the paint job and installed for free. A total of $210.00. Sorry you paid so much.

I'm not, but thanks for your concern.
Old 01-29-2009 | 07:21 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by iCharles' post='780148' date='Jan 29 2009, 12:19 PM
I'm not, but thanks for your concern.

You must have money coming out of your ass then? Must be nice in these shitty economic times. I'm just looking out for the little guy.

(Looks great by the way!)
Old 01-29-2009 | 08:48 AM
Contributors

My reply to what you said was completely facetious, believe me - I am ALL about saving money. I should really watch what I write because without tone of voice I suppose I can come across as a bit crass, sorry about that.

-Off topic-
I believe the economy is this way because we all lived beyond our means for too long, now it is balancing out. It is all made worse and has become a self-perpetuating pandemic because of media frenzy and the fact that everyone can't seem to stop focusing on it.
Old 01-29-2009 | 09:09 AM
Contributors

Very true. I blame the media for a part of this downturn. They exacerbate the issues beyond belief. The media is no longer a source of news, rather, it is a digital tabloid fed to the masses, filled with bias, partisanship, and lies.
Old 01-29-2009 | 03:58 PM
Members

looks nice
Old 01-29-2009 | 04:14 PM
Contributors

From: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by iCharles' post='780218' date='Jan 29 2009, 12:48 PM
My reply to what you said was completely facetious, believe me - I am ALL about saving money. I should really watch what I write because without tone of voice I suppose I can come across as a bit crass, sorry about that.

-Off topic-
I believe the economy is this way because we all lived beyond our means for too long, now it is balancing out. It is all made worse and has become a self-perpetuating pandemic because of media frenzy and the fact that everyone can't seem to stop focusing on it.
I think that if people "thought" that our economy was actually in good condition. They would be more prone to buying things. If people felt good about the economy then this recession could be over quite fast. My 2 cents.
Old 01-29-2009 | 08:49 PM
DTD
Senior Members

My Ride: 550i 2009 Mod. with tints all around. Got Splitter and Spoiler coming. May do an exhaust.

Trinity or who knows? Does AC Offer a type of Piece to add on at the lower part of that handsome upgrade?
I believe their called Spilters like Hartge has. Thanks A Definate improvement indeed.

quote name='iCharles' date='Jan 28 2009, 07:23 PM' post='779716']
Thanks Joe for hooking this up, the shop that installed it was super quick and professional. I LOVE the difference, the pre-LCI front bumper is so plain it reminds me of non-AMG W210 Mercedes from back in the day. I am so proud of the front now I actually back into my parking spot. My LCI tails are no longer the star of the show, haha.

One 'before' picture and two 'after'.
[/quote]
Old 01-30-2009 | 12:55 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='780610' date='Jan 29 2009, 05:14 PM
I think that if people "thought" that our economy was actually in good condition. They would be more prone to buying things. If people felt good about the economy then this recession could be over quite fast. My 2 cents.
I keep telling people exactly this. I am glad someone agrees because I feel like I am watching that movie "What Dreams May Come" and everyone is trapped in a belief that something external has to come along and 'save' us. WE ARE THE ECONOMY, haha. 'Economy' does not refer to some obscure ruling force that is governed by rules we cannot control. Somewhere along the way we seem to have forgotten the power of hope and perseverance. I know there are some external rules at play, but if we just get over thinking that the DOW number is a countdown to armageddon, things might just return to 'normal'.
Old 01-30-2009 | 02:28 AM
Contributors

From: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by iCharles' post='780982' date='Jan 30 2009, 04:55 AM
I keep telling people exactly this. I am glad someone agrees because I feel like I am watching that movie "What Dreams May Come" and everyone is trapped in a belief that something external has to come along and 'save' us. WE ARE THE ECONOMY, haha. 'Economy' does not refer to some obscure ruling force that is governed by rules we cannot control. Somewhere along the way we seem to have forgotten the power of hope and perseverance. I know there are some external rules at play, but if we just get over thinking that the DOW number is a countdown to armageddon, things might just return to 'normal'.
Agreed 100%
Old 02-20-2009 | 04:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Black.

Beautiful lip! Just ordered one from them too

Quick Reply: Got my ACS 'look' front lip installed today.