E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Furious!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 05:18 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Originally Posted by Silver_545i
why do you say that? do many other members have the same problems with their 124's?
The only times I've ever heard of or seen cracked BMW rims is the 124's....have seen lots of pics where the entire barrel separated from the spokes.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i Sport Package, Jet Black M166 OEM Wheels M5 Style Body kit RPI Scoop BMC Air Filter Valentine One Radar Detector 35% tint all around

sorry to hear this. I've had my 124's cracked twice and then i gave up.

Originally Posted by medik13
I bought them from a member here. He has agreed to issue a partial refund so I can get them fixed. I honestly think he did not know.
if he didn't know i think it's fair to return it. you didn't drive it for long time since the purchase right?

Originally Posted by DrLev99
The 124's are the most crack-prone rims BMW makes...should have been a recall on them. Good luck!
+1 These wheels are cracking. I've seen a LOT of people with 124's cracked. The guy in indy shop says the same thing: they should have a recall on it. Even aftermarket rims don't crack as often as these
Old 02-19-2010, 07:32 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by vlad_b
if he didn't know i think it's fair to return it. you didn't drive it for long time since the purchase right?
I already agreed to a partial refund to get them fixed. I was just getting ready to mount them when I noticed. I didn't drive on them at all. Overall, with the refund, I think the deal is still somewhat decent. Maybe not?!!! Oh well...