E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!
View Poll Results: Which lip would you get?
AC Schnitzer or rep
26.09%
Hamann (NON m-tech) or rep
8.70%
Swap out the bumper for a rep m-tech
43.48%
Breyton or rep
4.35%
Alpina front lip
15.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Front non m-tech lip search

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 04:47 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

So, I think the poll kind of sums up my dilema; some pics below to make it easier.

When voting, please consider that my car is stock xi ride height and has 123 18inch rims, with no mods in foreseeable future. It is also alpine white, so it shows it's wheel wells really proudly...

Thanks for the support!

Front non m-tech lip search-hamann.jpg
Front non m-tech lip search-breyton.jpg
Old 02-15-2009, 05:47 PM
Contributors

more pics:

AC Schnitzer:
Front non m-tech lip search-acs.jpg

Alpina:
Front non m-tech lip search-425_81_dsc00770.jpg

M-tech front:
Front non m-tech lip search-m_front_stock_sides_01.jpg
Old 02-15-2009, 05:55 PM
Contributors

I absolutely LOVE my ACS front lip because of these reasons:

1) Its unique and I have seen absolutely NO E60's with it yet, (in my area).

2) The air ducts are great for your front brake ventilation. Apparently makes a difference in brake wear.

3) It lowers my front end and makes it very aggressive looking with a Black car.
(Andy's car)
Old 02-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Contributors

I agree, but I have two arguements against the ACS:

1. In my area there are at least two e60s with ACS fronts (and just the fronts, no sides or rears)

2. My car's xi and its not lowered, so I really think it might look bootleg without lowering (which, as I said, I am not planning to do any time soon)

But Howitzer, I absolutely agree with you on all those points! As a matter of fact, I have a guy with the ACS rep ready to ship to me already and I'm still trying to make up my mind (sorry, dude ).

Oh, and another thing that's detering me from getting the ACS rep is my shop telling me it will be 250 to install a painted skirt - I think that's outrageous, especially considering that they said there's drilling involved, which is not true, as I understand.

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='793648' date='Feb 15 2009, 09:55 PM
I absolutely LOVE my ACS front lip because of these reasons:

1) Its unique and I have seen absolutely NO E60's with it yet, (in my area).

2) The air ducts are great for your front brake ventilation. Apparently makes a difference in brake wear.

3) It lowers my front end and makes it very aggressive looking with a Black car.
(Andy's car)
Old 02-15-2009, 06:10 PM
Contributors

AC or M-Tech - the others make me think the designers have never actually seen this car in person, they look bland and ruin the front end.

AC is a really cool look with minimal investment- Trinity got me mine and I was SO happy.

M-Tech is, of course awesome looking, but without the whole kit, or at least the side-skirts it may look unbalanced.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:16 PM
Contributors

Thanks Charles!

I know you're opinion's got weight 'round here (been readin' them for a while now )!

The thing that I'm worried about is how it will look without lowering the car. As you know, the Xi has a slightly raised ride height, compared to stock "i". Even though I have the sport pack, I think it actually does not lower the ride on the Xi, so I'm afraid that the car will end up looking bootleg with just the ACS or M-Tech wo lowering and/or bigger wheels.

Originally Posted by iCharles' post='793657' date='Feb 15 2009, 10:10 PM
AC or M-Tech - the others make me think the designers have never actually seen this car in person, they look bland and ruin the front end.

AC is a really cool look with minimal investment- Trinity got me mine and I was SO happy.

M-Tech is, of course awesome looking, but without the whole kit, or at least the side-skirts it may look unbalanced.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:19 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by iCharles' post='793657' date='Feb 15 2009, 11:10 PM

Honestly, even ACS lip doesn't look complete without the MTech side skirts. But with it, looks awesome and fits very well.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 530goinon850' post='793663' date='Feb 15 2009, 07:16 PM
Thanks Charles!

I know you're opinion's got weight 'round here (been readin' them for a while now )!

The thing that I'm worried about is how it will look without lowering the car. As you know, the Xi has a slightly raised ride height, compared to stock "i". Even though I have the sport pack, I think it actually does not lower the ride on the Xi, so I'm afraid that the car will end up looking bootleg with just the ACS or M-Tech wo lowering and/or bigger wheels.
Unless you are riding on 37" mudders I wouldn't sweat it. I see a lot of xi's around here and to be honest, in my opinion, the height difference is not that dramatic form a non-sport E60.

If I were you I would get the AC; as others have stated and I experienced first hand, this lip does make the front appear lower, so this might be just the effect you are looking for. Trust me, when you see it installed you will ask yourself why the car didn't come that way in the first place - at least I did.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:31 PM
Contributors

So you don't think it will look bootleg without the skirts/rims/lowering the car, huh? honestly, for me right now, it is the easiest and cheapest way to go. And you were right, reading my mind about lowering the front end

I'm planning to later (maybe) install a trunk and roof spoiler - with those, the best would be the m-tech front. But that definitely looks bootleg without dropping the car. So I was kind of eyeing the Hamann - I take it, most of you guys are agreed that it looks like crap, huh?

Originally Posted by iCharles' post='793669' date='Feb 15 2009, 10:23 PM
Unless you are riding on 37" mudders I wouldn't sweat it. I see a lot of xi's around here and to be honest, in my opinion, the height difference is not that dramatic form a non-sport E60.

If I were you I would get the AC; as others have stated and I experienced first hand, this lip does make the front appear lower, so this might be just the effect you are looking for. Trust me, when you see it installed you will ask yourself why the car didn't come that way in the first place - at least I did.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: honda accord

I say Breyton...heh heh

Quick Reply: Front non m-tech lip search