E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

folding mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

quick question how hard is it to have folding mirrors? is it a matter of coding or do i need to buy m5 mirrors?
Old 11-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am wondering this myself. Looking forward for some feedback.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Quick guess you have a pre-LCI model, if that's true US model have no physical folding motor inside the regular pre-LCI model (except for M5 model), as you understand coding will not do any good as you need the hardware to be present first ... if my guess is correct you'll need either LCI model or M5 mirrors and do coding to have folding capability via key fob.

Originally Posted by dlima0284
quick question how hard is it to have folding mirrors? is it a matter of coding or do i need to buy m5 mirrors?
Old 11-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
Quick guess you have a pre-LCI model, if that's true US model have no physical folding motor inside the regular pre-LCI model (except for M5 model), as you understand coding will not do any good as you need the hardware to be present first ... if my guess is correct you'll need either LCI model or M5 mirrors and do coding to have folding capability via key fob.
Does every LCI model come with motor inside? even without the button on the door panel?

I don't think so.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:05 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
I currently have an LCI and the mirrors can fold, however can only be done manually. Any thoughts if the motor is there and coding could unlock this feature?

Thanks
Old 11-07-2011, 03:59 AM
Members
Senior Members

One of the new future of LCI is folding mirror ... it's based on the option ... if it's basic in/out-side mirror what do you expect even the mirror will probably won't dim

Originally Posted by Gizzler
Does every LCI model come with motor inside? even without the button on the door panel?

I don't think so.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:32 AM
Members
Senior Members

Manually as you go out and fold the mirror by hand or manually as you push the button by the driver side window control?
If by hand it means you have a very basic mirror and no motor if you have folding button by the driver side window control it's obviously you have motor and can be coded to fold via key fob.

Originally Posted by iamnatio
I currently have an LCI and the mirrors can fold, however can only be done manually. Any thoughts if the motor is there and coding could unlock this feature?

Thanks
Old 11-07-2011, 04:39 AM
Sas
Contributors

My Ride: 520i ('04)

Folding mirrors where available from pre LCI on, it was not a "new" future only for LCI.

Check this topic for coding to fold with fob https://5series.net/forums/topic/108...ert-code-mods/
Old 11-07-2011, 04:58 AM
Members
Senior Members

Unlike where you at as I stated up above on my previous post ... for US market regular pre-LCI model does not have folding mirror capability only on all M5 model then all LCI model.

Originally Posted by Sas
Folding mirrors where available from pre LCI on, it was not a "new" future only for LCI.

Check this topic for coding to fold with fob http://forums.5serie...pert-code-mods/
Old 11-07-2011, 06:01 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Rival, all LCI models is incorrect. Most LCIs I have seen don't have the folding motor.

Quick Reply: folding mirrors?