E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

First Mods: 2010 E60 535i

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 07:27 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Originally Posted by nightsun
Thanks everyone for the information and advice. I ordered the standard ER fmic kit with hks bov flange yesterday. Also found a used v2 on eBay for under 500. I do have access to e85 and have run that exclusively in my 04 Mach 1 and cobra although it's great and makes great power it degrades oil life by 50% (at least in my case). It did net me 68rwhp over 93 at 18psi. I know of others with the same results. Only other mod I would consider is downpipes. I thought about just gutting the stockers but I'd do that to my ford not my bmw...😐. Thanks again.
If you have access to 93 oct, sorry out here in Cali we only have crappy ACN91, then you can run the aggressive maps. Once you do your fmic and make a decision on your DP's, I would then do a custom E30 map. The OTS maps you get from cobb are not designed for E85 and can harm your engine. Cobb does have a E30 race map you can use but do datalogs to ensure everything looks good. For DP's if you want to go ***less, Dr Euro makes a nice set for about $600 iirc.

For the oil aspect I haven't heard of it degrading faster in our engine however I do a oil change every 7-8k miles instead of the factory 15k miles.
Old 05-31-2014, 09:05 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2010 535i

Originally Posted by Booyaazaa
If you have access to 93 oct, sorry out here in Cali we only have crappy ACN91, then you can run the aggressive maps. Once you do your fmic and make a decision on your DP's, I would then do a custom E30 map. The OTS maps you get from cobb are not designed for E85 and can harm your engine. Cobb does have a E30 race map you can use but do datalogs to ensure everything looks good. For DP's if you want to go ***less, Dr Euro makes a nice set for about $600 iirc.

For the oil aspect I haven't heard of it degrading faster in our engine however I do a oil change every 7-8k miles instead of the factory 15k miles.
Thanks for the info. I'm gonna stick with 93 for now. I'll read up on it, but I'm curious if there is a tune designed for optimum fuel efficiency. The one and only thing the Avalon had over the bmw is the mpg. Once again thanks for the suggestions.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:15 AM
New Members

Does the front bumper assembly have to come off in order to install the er intercooler? I don't have much room in the garage and I don't want it to get dinged or scratched.
I know what the instructions say but I'm hoping someone has done it with the bumper in place.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:20 AM
New Members

Old 06-21-2014, 11:55 AM
New Members

My Ride: is black
Model Year: 535

Looking good !
Can you share link to this product?

Thanks.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:49 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Does the front bumper assembly have to come off in order to install the er intercooler? I don't have much room in the garage and I don't want it to get dinged or scratched.
I know what the instructions say but I'm hoping someone has done it with the bumper in place.
You don't need to take the bumper off but it does make it easier to install especially when you relo the power steering cooler You just need to take off the front middle underbody panel to access the fmic area.

Last edited by Booyaazaa; 06-21-2014 at 06:53 PM.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:40 PM
New Members

[QUOTE=Booyaazaa;1541781]You don't need to take the bumper off but it does make it easier to install especially when you relo the power steering cooler You just need to take off the front middle underbody panel to access the fmic area.

Yup went at it today and got everything done without removing wheels or bumper. I really don't see a need to remove it at all. The whole project including hard piping and intake pipe took me about 3hrs. I did have to open up the mounting hole on the intake pile as it was about 1/4" off. I had to cut off the tabs on the upper ic tray. All in all pretty straight forward install. The instructions the came with the er ic were somewhat vague...next on the list is a oil catch can. The stock ic and inlet/outlet piping were covered with oil. Anyhow here are some pics...thanks btw.

Old 06-22-2014, 06:52 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by wooboodoo
Looking good !
Can you share link to this product?

Thanks.
http://www.topgearsolutions.com/evolution-racewerks-bmw-e60-535i-fmic-intercooler.html
Old 06-23-2014, 07:11 PM
New Members

Finally got around to flashing the vehicle with the cobb v2. Pretty easy to do although all the malfunction warnings during flashing were freaking me out a bit. My first impression running with the stage 2 aggressive fmic map was that it is a huge difference over stock but not too much more than the jb plus. I can definitely hear the turbos spool up now but acceleration gain over the jb plus is minimal. Perhaps the ecu needs time to adapt to the new parameters. I will say I love the LT. It seems the linear throttle makes much smoother down low and off boost. Normal acceleration from a stop is much much smoother IMO. Definitely doesn't feel like 380whp tho. In the future I might look at custom mapping it but for now I've spent enough money. Thanks for the help and support.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:46 PM
Members
Senior Members

Finally got around to flashing the vehicle with the cobb v2. Pretty easy to do although all the malfunction warnings during flashing were freaking me out a bit. My first impression running with the stage 2 aggressive fmic map was that it is a huge difference over stock but not too much more than the jb plus. I can definitely hear the turbos spool up now but acceleration gain over the jb plus is minimal. Perhaps the ecu needs time to adapt to the new parameters. I will say I love the LT. It seems the linear throttle makes much smoother down low and off boost. Normal acceleration from a stop is much much smoother IMO. Definitely doesn't feel like 380whp tho. In the future I might look at custom mapping it but for now I've spent enough money. Thanks for the help and support.
The ots maps are nice but very conservative. The first year I had my Cobb I ran the ots maps and it was a nice power bump. However this past year I went with a custom E30 map (initially a PTF one and now one that my friends and I made via the ATR) and the car is even way faster. Custom tuning is definitely where the power is at especially if you have access to E85.

Also for the adaptation of the map, once you load it you want to do 3-4 good 3rd gear pulls to have the car adapt to the map.

Quick Reply: First Mods: 2010 E60 535i