E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!
View Poll Results: For a first major MOD, would you get a Mtech full body kit or New Wheels?
Mtech Body Kit
37.21%
New Wheels
62.79%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

First Major MOD: MTech Body Kit vs. New Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 11:59 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Hi All:

I want to purchase my fist major MOD, but I am caught in a quandary. Should I go for the Mtech Body Kit to freshen my look or new wheels? What would you do?
Old 12-28-2011, 12:27 AM
Contributors

I personally was in the same position and I went with wheels first. The reason I picked wheels is cause my ride came with OEM 16", which is tiny. lol, and... if I went with Mtech it would look sorta off with my 16" rims.

Just my 2 cents. If you have decent stock rims go for Mtech.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:37 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 550i
Model Year: 2010

Originally Posted by iamnatio
I personally was in the same position and I went with wheels first. The reason I picked wheels is cause my ride came with OEM 16", which is tiny. lol, and... if I went with Mtech it would look sorta off with my 16" rims.

Just my 2 cents. If you have decent stock rims go for Mtech.

+1
Old 12-28-2011, 02:20 AM
Members

Post 2 +1
Old 12-28-2011, 04:55 AM
Members

deff wheels
Old 12-28-2011, 05:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: I have a 2007 Black Sapphire BMW 530i with SMG. It has the auburn interior, has PDC, Sports Package, Premium Package, rear automatic sunshades with manual side sunshades, 35% black tint, Upgraded angeleyes from Angelibrights, and Logic 7 Sound System
Model Year: 2007

I did body kit first and the car looked good, but not great. As soon as I put the wheels on, I was snapping necks lol! DO THE WHEELS FIRST!
Old 12-28-2011, 07:01 AM
Contributors

Wheels first. Most people won't notice the kit. To them, it'll just be another stock 5 series.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Thanks for your input thus far guys. I really appreciate it. Below is a picture of what I am working with. Decent stock wheels (18's; non staggered), but I think I'm leaning towards getting wheels first over Mtech Kit.
Attached Thumbnails First Major MOD:  MTech Body Kit vs. New Wheels-my-5.jpg  
Old 12-28-2011, 12:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 E61 530D - Dynamic Drive - Active Front Steering Sport Seats - Voice Control - Head Up Display - Nav Pro - Bluetooth - Panoramic roof - Front/rear heated seats

Originally Posted by DKNewYork
Most people won't notice the kit. To them, it'll just be another stock 5 series.
I'd think that you would mod your ride because you like it yourself? Who cares whether others notice it or not?

Wtlb: I really like your current wheels, I like them with the kit as well. If you were in any place other than SoCal you would've had a nice winter set with those.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:01 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Theo
I'd think that you would mod your ride because you like it yourself? Who cares whether others notice it or not?

Wtlb: I really like your current wheels, I like them with the kit as well. If you were in any place other than SoCal you would've had a nice winter set with those.
I mod it for both myself and the public. Most of the time, you're behind the wheel when you drive around. So the public sees it more. I understand what you're saying. So let me re-phrase it. The wheels will make a bigger difference in looks IMO.

Quick Reply: First Major MOD: MTech Body Kit vs. New Wheels