E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Finally put on my Umnitza Parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by inktoxicated
i like the look of the bumper better without the lip.. but the way it looks in rur pic is beat. my skirts were short as well actually worse then urs. it only took me 3 days untill i curbed my brand new front bumper. very minor thank god. never again will i pull into a space in my life.
yep, my wife did that with the front bumper too.

Originally Posted by Howitzer
Typical Umnitza quality. I been saying this shit forever and people just don't listen.

The customer is satisfied with the responses, and if he needs more help, he knows where to find us
Old 04-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i - GONE

I'd have to say, I am very satisfied with my RD Sport roof spoiler -- good choice! Car looks good, thinking about picking up the sideskirts from Umnitza now!
Old 04-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ck-e60
I'd have to say, I am very satisfied with my RD Sport roof spoiler -- good choice! Car looks good, thinking about picking up the sideskirts from Umnitza now!
Did you put any adhesive to get your roof spoiler to stay on? I still haven't resolve my flapping roof spoiler issue
Old 04-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Members

Originally Posted by inktoxicated
i like the look of the bumper better without the lip.. but the way it looks in rur pic is beat. my skirts were short as well actually worse then urs. it only took me 3 days untill i curbed my brand new front bumper. very minor thank god. never again will i pull into a space in my life.
Yeah, I almost got my front bumper caught up on the curb the other day. The front bumper is much lower than I've anticipated. I'm riding on stock suspensions and I think I will have to keep it near stock ride height when I put on coilovers. I'm not looking forward to driving like a granny again when the summer tires come on.

I'm used to backing my car into parking spots (I heard it's apparently a Canadian thing ) so I was pretty livid with myself for going head first and almost messing up the front bumper.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:29 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Mr_Jihen
Did you put any adhesive to get your roof spoiler to stay on? I still haven't resolve my flapping roof spoiler issue

I used a 3M industrial strength double sided tape (it's a grey color) with some adhesive....I forgot which one I used, I think it was in a yellow dispenser with a black cap, Goo-All?
Old 04-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ck-e60
I used a 3M industrial strength double sided tape (it's a grey color) with some adhesive....I forgot which one I used, I think it was in a yellow dispenser with a black cap, Goo-All?
Yeah, I definitely didn't go cheapo on the 3M industrial strength double sided tape and used it liberally. I'll try looking for Goo-All.

I searched around the local autoshops and online. Has anyone tried Pertex Industrial Adhesive?

An ebay seller is selling it for such applications...LINK
Old 04-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Contributors

I had same problems with the RD roof spoiler too. I had it done twice with similar 3M tape and glue as you described. Both times it came undone, in about two weeks. My body shop installed it once and I installed it once. I believe its not sticking because of the temperature. After installing it myself the second time, I ripped it off and waiting until it got warmer. I waited until it was 75-80 degrees out to install it for the finally time. Parked it in the sun. After put the spoiler on, I used painters tape and tape the whole area. Even used a black garbage bag to cover the area. Then put more tape, and let its bake in the sun. After the sun when down I parked it in the driveway, to let it sit over night. Hasn't come loose even since. That was about 1 1/2 yrs ago. I even tried to take it off before selling the car, but it was hard to pull off. Plus it was cold out, so I said F*ck it and left it on there. Hope this helps.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:54 AM
Members

Originally Posted by DKNewYork
I had same problems with the RD roof spoiler too. I had it done twice with similar 3M tape and glue as you described. Both times it came undone, in about two weeks. My body shop installed it once and I installed it once. I believe its not sticking because of the temperature. After installing it myself the second time, I ripped it off and waiting until it got warmer. I waited until it was 75-80 degrees out to install it for the finally time. Parked it in the sun. After put the spoiler on, I used painters tape and tape the whole area. Even used a black garbage bag to cover the area. Then put more tape, and let its bake in the sun. After the sun when down I parked it in the driveway, to let it sit over night. Hasn't come loose even since. That was about 1 1/2 yrs ago. I even tried to take it off before selling the car, but it was hard to pull off. Plus it was cold out, so I said F*ck it and left it on there. Hope this helps.
Ahh, sweet. I was even contemplating sanding down the spoiler to it would fit better. I guess I will just wait for much warmer temps. Thanks for the tips
Old 04-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DKNewYork

Yep, I did mine in the direct sun-light. I stacked bricks on top, kinda scary to see bricks sitting on top of your car...
Old 04-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had the umnitza lip before with the M5tech bumper it looked beast and I got looks all the time. However be ready to drive like a granny cause that shit is gonna be lowwwww, it's gonna look great in the end but for me it wasn't worth the hassle of driving and avoiding every pothole and dead animal on the road.

As far as your roof deck spoiler keep in mind that Beta-Link is pretty much permanent and a pain in the ass to install. If you get that stuff on your paint or on your hands be prepared to cry a river cause that shit is never coming off. My advice is to be prepared when doing your install, have a friend help you so the spoiler doesn't slide around everywhere with that gunk on the back of it or you're screwed. GL with the install keep us posted!

P.S. I installed my roof spoiler with double sided 3M tape I got from home depot and it's been around 8 months and still holding strong. I did it during the summer when it was 95 degrees+ out, so I just parked it in the parking lot and let it dry through out the day. Don't use the tape they send with the spoiler it's absolute garbage.