E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Finally put on my Umnitza Parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,
It's been a long ass winter and it's finally warming up (above 10 degrees.. ). I had the chance to get my bumper and side skirts from Umnitza painted and put on. I also had a RDSport roof spoiler I've been itching to put on. I told them to hold off on the front lip until I get a chance to put my coilovers & rims on so I can tweak the height. Here are some pics.

Fitment was bang on. No problems

Side skirts I installed myself. Easy, no problems. They are a bit short just like everyone else's. It's okay. I can live with it.

RDS roof spoiler also done by myself. After a week of driving, it's coming off on the sides. The roof spoiler curves more than the curve of the back window. I covered the thing with 3M but the thing just wouldn't stick to the window's rubber I think I will have to betalink it on

It looks good nonetheless....

Okay, so after I put on my side skirts, I thought it would be fun to see how the car would look with the front lip on. I slid it into place and here are the results....

WTF! There's a 3 inch difference! I read about people having to shave the side wheel wells and such but the LIP is the one that needs a shaving...? I test fitted the lip to the bumper when they were both off. No problems. but once mounted, the bumper forms around the car etc etc. Ermm... so... without bashing vendors, has anyone had this problem? FYI, it's a LCI vehicle.

**UPDATE** Okay, Umnitza pm'ed me very promptly and I guess you can't really "test fit" it the way I have done (half assed ). They told me to bolt the lip in from the middle and work your way out etc etc. Hopefully the bumper will fill out when I get around to the sides. *fingers crossed*
Old 04-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

is the lip for a real M5 bumper?
Old 04-06-2011, 04:24 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
is the lip for a real M5 bumper?
Nope... it's rep from Umnitza
Old 04-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Members

**UPDATE** Okay, Umnitza pm'ed me very promptly and I guess you can't really "test fit" it the way I have done (half assed ). They told me to bolt the lip in from the middle and work your way out etc etc. Hopefully the bumper will fill out when I get around to the sides. *fingers crossed* Mayhaps I got a bit too excited on how it would look
Old 04-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525I

I always try yot go with oem, because its always an exact fitment. short side skirts would kill me :thumbsdown: good luck
Old 04-06-2011, 11:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 modded the F out

LOL... I hella laughed when I saw how off it was. I hope you get everything fixed. I must say that recently, Matt has been doing really well with customer service. Hopefully everything works out
Old 04-07-2011, 05:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

Nice progress. Nice parts. You'll get it together.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Looks great, good luck with the installation on the lip.
Many locally have had the same issue you describe and it's just a 'muscled installation' - not a simple snap and easy fit but it is designed for the bumper.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i mystic blue

i like the look of the bumper better without the lip.. but the way it looks in rur pic is beat. my skirts were short as well actually worse then urs. it only took me 3 days untill i curbed my brand new front bumper. very minor thank god. never again will i pull into a space in my life.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Contributors

Typical Umnitza quality. I been saying this shit forever and people just don't listen.

Quick Reply: Finally put on my Umnitza Parts