E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Finally a forum that can understand me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 03:42 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok i been in and out of bimmerforums asking questions on mods but noone could understand me until some kid told me about this forum..
what i was looking for, i need some help and advice from people that have done this.. i have an 05' 545i sport, i ordered an mtech rear bumper to install quad exhaust on it, here is the problem. my rear bumper has no pdc sensor holes on them i could not find one w/ pdc holes, is it hard to remodify?? and should i get the bumper painted before the pdc holes or after? another thing i did not like is that the guy that is doing my car told me i have to get rid my spare tire if i want to add quad exhaust is this true??? desperately need someones help and advice?? im starting to stress out...
Old 04-19-2010, 03:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

I think you can retro the pdc into a non-pdc bumper. Try sifting through the search function and see what you come across - I think there was talk about this a couple of years ago, and I think the consensus was that you can indeed modify the bumper to fit the sensors. Whether its an easy fit or DIYs - I wouldn't want to get into it, having never done it myself.

GL
Old 04-19-2010, 04:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Sounds like you might need a new bumper. It might cost a lot to modify the existing bumper to fit PDC holes in it. Too much work, and once someone bumps you, might cause a crack in it.

I'm sure you can sell the bumper locally and purchase a new one easily. Plenty of vendors here that will help you.

As for the exhaust, what your guy is saying is not true. The funny thing is, its the Battery compartment that is hindering most people's quad exhaust setup, not you spare tire space.

What you can do, and what I advise most people to do is, get a small muffler Magnaflow/borla with dual pipes in and dual out. Fit it under the middle of your car, before the rear tires (you'll know what I mean once you jack up the car). And then run two pipes coming out of the muffler, one side to the drivers, and one side to the passenger and get dual 3.5-4 inch tips. I assume you have the M5 rear bumper? or Mtech rear with quad diffuser? Either case, those sizes should fit fine.

Good luck! and post pictures when you are done.

Also, I recommend going to American Muffler in Westbury, Long Island (Near Roosevelt Field). They did work on my quad exhaust and a lot of exhaust work for NYC members. They know the quad setup up well. While they are slow to do work, I can guarantee they know what they are doing. The shop isn't much to look at, but don't worry.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:26 AM
Members

thanks alot!! sounds good and makes sense! i knew that guy had no idea what he was talking about. you guys have meets any time?
Old 04-19-2010, 04:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Big meet coming June 12th. Early in the AM, till mid afternoon.

Link Here with details:

https://5series.net/forums/topic/971...eet-drive-eat/

Post Response and add yourself to the list if you can make it here:

https://5series.net/forums/topic/971...st__p__1155537
Old 04-19-2010, 04:43 AM
Members

got it! thankx once again!
Old 04-19-2010, 04:55 AM
Members

one more question where did you get your rear bumper with pdc sensor holes and with 2 cutouts for quads
Old 04-19-2010, 05:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

Hi, marlonac ? regarding ?a forum that can understand you?. Now I don?t know a great deal about other Bimmer Forums and I certainly do not speak for many of us here on 5series.net.

But perhaps if you could sharpen your writing skills more readers could understand you. Perhaps you need help on punctuation and when to signify (begin) a sentence with a capital letter, et.al.

The Elements of Style (1918) by William Strunk, Jr. and E. B. White, is a good place to start.

Anyway, welcome to 5series.net.

Sixcard
Old 04-19-2010, 05:31 AM
Members

Originally Posted by sixcard
Hi, marlonac ? regarding ?a forum that can understand you?. Now I don?t know a great deal about other Bimmer Forums and I certainly do not speak for many of us here on 5series.net.

But perhaps if you could sharpen your writing skills more readers could understand you. Perhaps you need help on punctuation and when to signify (begin) a sentence with a capital letter, et.al.

The Elements of Style (1918) by William Strunk, Jr. and E. B. White, is a good place to start.

Anyway, welcome to 5series.net.

Sixcard
You got it, William Shakespeare..
Old 04-19-2010, 06:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5

I had the rear M5 bumper with pdc holes while the car is non-pdc. So I bought it that item http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LED-D...fAudioQ5fVideo (it is universal)

they are perfectly cover the holes! Guaranteed!

Quick Reply: Finally a forum that can understand me!!!