E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Finally finished "WRAPing" things up and some bonus mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 03:33 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

Mods look fantastic. Well done.

Last edited by Kaizen; 04-14-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:06 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006
Engine: na

Looks nice. For the shifter and the whole little center console was it a whole retrofit or just remove and put a new one in?
Old 04-14-2013, 05:16 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW

SWEEETTT!! I've been eyeing the DCT retrofit for awhile...Is there a chance of the DCT shifter accidentally going from D on the freeway to R or P since the mechanical shift lock button is now gone?

Also, is the new lower trim piece (now CF Wrapped) from an LCI?
Old 04-14-2013, 05:51 PM
Senior Members

@bese60 the shifter was a retrofit kit I got from motivemods it's up to you if you want to add the base plate I have or keep the one you have on your car currently the controller I purchases from eBay separate FYI it requires coding and some wiring and the trim piece I purchased separately as we'll but once again if you are changing your shifter or controler you can keep your old center trim but you would have to cut the hole for the new controler
Old 04-14-2013, 05:53 PM
Senior Members

@balbs thanks I've been considering it for a while with those same concerns unfortunately you DO run that risk !!!! but it's a risk I chose to take hopefully that doesn't happen to me cross my fingers
Old 04-14-2013, 10:01 PM
Members

Wow man, I like the mixture of the brush aluminum and carbon fiber and the shifter surround piece really pops! Did you wrap it yourself and was it hard? I want to take on a project somewhat similar to this myself buuuuutttt I'm not the most mechanically inclined person.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:11 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Chief Holley
Wow man, I like the mixture of the brush aluminum and carbon fiber and the shifter surround piece really pops! Did you wrap it yourself and was it hard? I want to take on a project somewhat similar to this myself buuuuutttt I'm not the most mechanically inclined person.
Yeah i didnt expect the color combo to come out so nice and im super happy i went with those colors and yes I did wrap all trim pieces myself some parts easier than others if you've never wrapped before its a learn as you go kinda thing and the more you do the better you get I'm not going to say don't try it but if you do be prepared because there will be some hardships, I know I had a few for example just taking the all the trim pieces off and putting them back on properly can be a hassle all in it self good luck feel free to message me if you have more questions
Old 04-16-2013, 02:19 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by spediegunz
@balbs thanks I've been considering it for a while with those same concerns unfortunately you DO run that risk !!!! but it's a risk I chose to take hopefully that doesn't happen to me cross my fingers
I hear ya...so damn tempting though...
Old 04-17-2013, 01:41 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by balbs
I hear ya...so damn tempting though...
hell go for it you've gone this far already. as far as me now that I did inside (though im still not done I want to get the sports wheel and the illuminated paddles). Its time I start on outside in the least some mtech front and rims for sure maybe some lower suspension too hopefully this time it wont take me a year to finish LOL
Old 04-17-2013, 02:02 PM
Contributors

Ha ha!! Yeah, I've been going back to old email threads between motivmods and myself. It's a year ago today was on of the emails. LOL!

Quick Reply: Finally finished "WRAPing" things up and some bonus mods