E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Finally!! Aux Input Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 09:29 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Automatic, Cold Weather, Sirius Prep and Radio, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

I FINALLY got my Aux Input installed at Perillo BMW (In Chicago) on Friday. The install did have a few glitches, but they put in v17.1 during the process for me. (By the way, the install of V17.1 took 90 minutes).

I love it! I use a Creative Zen Micro and the sound, while not CD quality, is close enough for road noise and I have over 1,000 songs at my finger tips now.

Thanks to all on this board that kept me going on the hunt. This was the 4th dealer I called for this part, and the first that admitted they can do it.

Thanks!
Tom
Old 06-05-2005, 01:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Way to persevere Got to overcome these slow to learn service departments. By the way, is your Audio Aux included in the entertainment selections from your steering wheel button? Mine is not. I can get to it via voice command and via iDrive in the main entertainment menu but it is skipped when I cycle through the audio selections via my programmable button. A little issue and one that my dealer has submitted a PuMA case on. The expectation is they have to do some do something in the software setup but they don?t know how to do it yet
Old 06-05-2005, 03:28 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i - Sport - 6spd - Orient Blue with Auburn/Anthracite

Does anyone know if North Scottsdale BMW in Arizona-USA knows about installing this accessory? I'm likely going to call them next week to find out and I'll let the forum know, if someone doesn't beat me to it...

Thanks, Jon.
Old 06-05-2005, 03:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by cobradav' date='Jun 5 2005, 03:56 PM
Way to persevere Got to overcome these slow to learn service departments.? By the way, is your Audio Aux included in the entertainment selections from your steering wheel button?? Mine is not.? I can get to it via voice command and via iDrive in the main entertainment menu but it is skipped when I cycle through the audio selections via my programmable button.? A little issue and one that my dealer has submitted a PuMA case on.? The expectation is they have to do some do something in the software setup but they don?t know how to do it yet
[snapback]136489[/snapback]
"AUX Audio Source" is available via steering wheel controls on my car. It showed up immediately after the software was set to recognize it.
Old 06-05-2005, 03:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by ademitt' date='Jun 5 2005, 05:34 PM
[quote name='cobradav' date='Jun 5 2005, 03:56 PM']Way to persevere Got to overcome these slow to learn service departments.?? By the way, is your Audio Aux included in the entertainment selections from your steering wheel button?? Mine is not.? I can get to it via voice command and via iDrive in the main entertainment menu but it is skipped when I cycle through the audio selections via my programmable button.? A little issue and one that my dealer has submitted a PuMA case on.? The expectation is they have to do some do something in the software setup but they don?t know how to do it yet
[snapback]136489[/snapback]
"AUX Audio Source" is available via steering wheel controls on my car. It showed up immediately after the software was set to recognize it.
[snapback]136516[/snapback]
[/quote]
Thanks. I thought I had seen someone mention they did have button control, but was not sure. I'll feed this back to my service department
Old 06-05-2005, 03:51 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Ti Silver, Sport Package, Premium Sound Previous BMWs: 2004 745i. 2000 M5, 2000 X5, 1995 525 Touring

Does your car have the premium sound package? Mine does, and the dealer sez you can't add the aux input if you have the 6-disc changer.

--Les
Old 06-05-2005, 05:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Automatic, Cold Weather, Sirius Prep and Radio, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

I think I have the Premium package since I don't have Logic 7 and that automatically means Premium for US cars.

My steering wheel button does select that audio option. Its now my 5th option on the screen and selectable by button. FM AM CD SAT AUX.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:42 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Black on black. 6spd MT, Nav, sports package.

Originally Posted by tcumbo' date='Jun 5 2005, 08:53 PM
I think I have the Premium package since I don't have Logic 7 and that automatically means Premium for US cars.

My steering wheel button does select that audio option.? Its now my 5th option on the screen and selectable by button.? FM AM CD SAT AUX.
[snapback]136561[/snapback]

Did they charge you anything for the installation and the software upgrade? What did you ask them for?

I got mine from Patrick BMW and when I asked them, they said it's currently impossible to do.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:07 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530si Sport, on a boat as I type!! Orient Blue, Beige leather, premium package, premium sound, cold weather, steptronic, power shades, fold down rear seats, rear seat heat, park distance control, navigation & Sirius satellite radio.

Originally Posted by tcumbo' date='Jun 5 2005, 08:53 PM

My steering wheel button does select that audio option.? Its now my 5th option on the screen and selectable by button.? FM AM CD SAT AUX.
[snapback]136561[/snapback]
Huh?? "I think I have the premium package since I don't have logic 7" makes no sense.

In any event, I have NAV in my 2006 530i and had the aux input installed by the dealer pre-delivery. And it is selectable as an audio source via iDrive just like any other source.

I should add that I have premium sound as well.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 M6: Silverstone Metallic... Fully loaded2005 DINAN5 (545i): Jet Black... Fully loaded1955 Chevy: Custom

I have the Logic 7 systems (w/ 6-disc changer) and the local dealer here installed the Aux-In for my E60... working great!

Originally Posted by lfreed' date='Jun 5 2005, 04:51 PM
Does your car have the premium sound package? Mine does, and the dealer sez you can't add the aux input if you have the 6-disc changer.

--Les
[snapback]136521[/snapback]

Quick Reply: Finally!! Aux Input Installed!