E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Falken FK452 vs hankook vetus v12

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 05:09 AM
jgt
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

452's here. I LOVE them!
Dry/wet grip is awesome even in colder temps (40-50F degrees) they stick really well. Waaaaay better than I ever expected. I never had the V12's though so no comment there but I've read great reviews about them.
I'd love to see a head to head Falken 452 vs Hankook V12's comparison... Both are awesome tires for the price.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:15 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jg525i
Wat up jack, chime in on this post, give me your thoughts on which tires to get? Thanks buddy, glad you can chime in

Also when you getting your bbs lm? What color you getting? Thanks
I had 452's on my 20's and there great, but haven't tried the hankook so I can't suggest hankook. I like the 452's a lot as far as ride and performance for the money.

The BBS LM are still in a shipment container somewhere...??? I'm getting a Diamond gunmetal color with polished step lip.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:43 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
yup thats me, and you can do it its based on inner and outer barrel dimensions as well as tire size and lowering with camber
do you have coilovers? which one did you get? thanks
Old 04-27-2011, 08:57 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i
Model Year: 2006

I went from Toyo T1R to the Hankooks and they are a great tire!!!
Especially for the price. It took about 50-75 miles to wear in correctly
but after that they were very sticky and do great in the rain!
I hope they last longer than the Toyo's.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:04 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Euronuts
I went from Toyo T1R to the Hankooks and they are a great tire!!!
Especially for the price. It took about 50-75 miles to wear in correctly
but after that they were very sticky and do great in the rain!
I hope they last longer than the Toyo's.
glad it worked out for you!! thanks for the input
Old 04-27-2011, 09:26 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jg525i
do you have coilovers? which one did you get? thanks
jic coilovers
Old 04-27-2011, 10:23 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
jic coilovers
awesome!! thanks
Old 04-27-2011, 11:00 PM
Members

i've had both on the same wheels and prefer the hankooks. the falkens were very loud and not a very good tire IMHO. the hankooks seemed like softer tires and i was told might wear out sooner before that. i sold the wheels/tires before i could find out. i do remember riding on my stock 124s with the RFT's. then i put on the falkens and was like "what the?!? why the hell is it so loud." then i switched to the hankooks, not because of the noise, but because one of the rears had a thread separate prematurely. it hadn't totally separated but i caught it taking the wheels off to repair a bend in a different wheel. had i not, for sure blowout. the tire shop believed it was a combination of the tire and the aggressive camber the e60 has set from the factory, which you can see in uneven wear on the inside of factory tires w/factory alignment. i'll never buy falkens again after that. glad i caught that before it escalated into something worse. the tire was a 275/30/20 on a 20X10 wheel. nothing out of the ordinary. hella flush/vip guys tend to like the falkens because they do stretch well and have a more round shoulder to clear the fender. the hankooks are definitely more square, which i like in terms of pothole protection. good luck.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:50 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by calbear550
i've had both on the same wheels and prefer the hankooks. the falkens were very loud and not a very good tire IMHO. the hankooks seemed like softer tires and i was told might wear out sooner before that. i sold the wheels/tires before i could find out. i do remember riding on my stock 124s with the RFT's. then i put on the falkens and was like "what the?!? why the hell is it so loud." then i switched to the hankooks, not because of the noise, but because one of the rears had a thread separate prematurely. it hadn't totally separated but i caught it taking the wheels off to repair a bend in a different wheel. had i not, for sure blowout. the tire shop believed it was a combination of the tire and the aggressive camber the e60 has set from the factory, which you can see in uneven wear on the inside of factory tires w/factory alignment. i'll never buy falkens again after that. glad i caught that before it escalated into something worse. the tire was a 275/30/20 on a 20X10 wheel. nothing out of the ordinary. hella flush/vip guys tend to like the falkens because they do stretch well and have a more round shoulder to clear the fender. the hankooks are definitely more square, which i like in terms of pothole protection. good luck.
awesome, input thanks so much i appreciate it, i am glad that you did not have a blowout on your tires.. again many thanks for sharing your experience
Old 04-28-2011, 09:27 AM
Members

Well...i will be able to chime in later on this week!! Leaving work early today to go install my new 166's with Hankook v12's and i'm Cant wait to see what you guys are talking about

Quick Reply: Falken FK452 vs hankook vetus v12