E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

F1 Autohaus Stoptech Rotors and Pads

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: White 2004 545i sport

I got my Rotors and pads installed over the weekend... Four Premium Centric Rotors and full set of Stoptech Street performance pads. Shipping was so fast it was at my door before I could check my email for the tracking(i guess it was drop shipped from CA).. not to mention it was included in the price.

I ordered the Premium Upgrade and also got the Double Drilled/Slotted option. They looked great; high quality out of the box.. After I got through a few heat cycles, bedding the pads and breaking them in, I'm actually VERY impressed. Having done more than a handful of brake and rotor upgrades/swaps, I'm very happy with these.

Just wanted to say thanks to Anthony. Very quick and professional. And if you guys are looking for a good, affordable, direct replacement brake setup, I Highly Recommend these.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

Originally Posted by chrisxiv' post='1097340' date='Jan 24 2010, 11:31 PM
I got my Rotors and pads installed over the weekend... Four Premium Centric Rotors and full set of Stoptech Street performance pads. Shipping was so fast it was at my door before I could check my email for the tracking.. not to mention it was included in the price.

I ordered the Premium Upgrade and also got the Double Drilled/Slotted option. They looked great; high quality out of the box.. After I got through a few heat cycles, bedding the pads and breaking them in, I'm actually VERY impressed. Having done more than a handful of brake and rotor upgrades and swaps, I'm very happy with these.

Just wanted to say thanks to Anthony. Very quick and professional. And if you guys are looking for a good, affordable, direct replacement brake setup, I Highly Recommend these.
pics!!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2010, 10:39 PM
Members

Originally Posted by r9ndy' post='1097343' date='Jan 24 2010, 11:31 PM
pics!!!!!!!

It's raining and they're already on the car. Sorry, No time to waste.

but they look literally identical to these:

and the pads:

.. and if you care, the stock calipers were painted gloss black
Old 01-24-2010, 11:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: e60

i think he meant on the car

...how much this set up run u?
Old 01-24-2010, 11:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Did you do the SS lines too? How's the braking now? Do they fade?
Old 01-25-2010, 08:56 AM
Members

No need for the ss lines. I'm not racing the car and it's not a motorcycle.

There is no brake fade. I've driven the car a few times and the brakes got better and better after every stop. These rotors took a few more heat cycles to start grabbing than most rotors I've done in the past, which means they should withstand higher heat cycles and you can go harder on them. It's easy to tell they are made of quality steel for higher performance. I would be very surprised if they ever warped With proper install, wheel torque, and a good beak in.

If you want a price, send a PM to Anthony@f1autohaus... I'm sure he'll take care of you.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:58 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by chrisxiv' post='1097579' date='Jan 25 2010, 12:56 PM
No need for the ss lines. I'm not racing the car and it's not a motorcycle.

There is no brake fade. I've driven the car a few times and the brakes got better and better after every stop. These rotors took a few more heat cycles to start grabbing than most rotors I've done in the past, which means they should withstand higher heat cycles and you can go harder on them. It's easy to tell they are made of quality steel for higher performance. I would be very surprised if they ever warped With proper install, wheel torque, and a good beak in.

If you want a price, send a PM to Anthony@f1autohaus... I'm sure he'll take care of you.
Thanks for the informative response

I've discussed pricing with Anthony before - I was thinking to combine the centric rotors with EBC pads.

I am planning to use the brakes in near-track capacity at times, so I'll install the steel lines while I'm at it (not a significant difference in price). Reason I ask about fading is because when I take some seriously challenging twisties the stock brakes just fade almost immediately on me (they still provide stopping power, but they really compromise the balance of the car and don't allow me to maintain higher speeds through turns).

Anyway, for now, my ****** OEM brakes just won't give up so for now I'll ride out the stock ones.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 330I ZHP

That for the FeedBack. If you need anything else Please Give us a Ring

-Anthony@F1 Autohaus
Old 02-18-2010, 05:17 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Anyway, for now, my ****** OEM brakes just won't give up so for now I'll ride out the stock ones.
When I said the above, I didn't realize that only 3 short weeks later, I'd need the brakes hahaha
Old 02-18-2010, 09:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '07 530iSport PackageLuxury Packagemore to come

Unless EBC pads have improved in the last 5 years or so I would suggest that you consider something else. I ran some EBC pads on my M3 for a very short time and they absolutely sucked. Noisy as hell and they faded quickly. I talked to a lot of people when I had those pads on and we came to the conclusion that they were gassing so much that the pads couldn't maintain contact with the rotor. If you can imagine how it feels when your ABS kicks in multiply that by a thousand and that's how it felt through the steering wheel. You could see the steering wheel vibrating. I don't remember which compound I had but they ended up in the trash with many many more miles of material left on them. It is possible that if you run slotted or cross drilled rotors you may not experience the problems I did but I would not buy EBC pads again.

Quick Reply: F1 Autohaus Stoptech Rotors and Pads