E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

EYEBROW MOD

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 01:10 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535D MSPORT

HI ALL! VERY NEW TO THIS SITE BUT I HAVE KNOWN ABOUT THE ''EUGENE EYEBROWS'' MOD FOR SOME TIME AS IVE ALWAYS HATED THE AMBER BROWS! I HAVE BOUGHT THE LEDS AND HAVE ALREADY REMOVED THE HEADLIGHTS WITH EASE! BUT HERES WHERE IM AT! TO EXPOSE THE EYEBROW/ CIRCUIT BOARD DO I JUST CUT THE BLACK SILICONE SEAL THAT I HAVE PAITNED A RED TRACK AROUND IN MY IMAGE AND REMOVE IT?????? IS THIS CORRECT? IF SO WHATS THE BEST TOOL TO REMOVED THIS. I GAVE IT A GO WITH A DECENT STANLEY KNIFE BUT ITS REAL TOUGH AND MAY TAKE SOME TIME. MY FREIND IS VERY COMPETENT WITH A SOILDERING IRON AND THE ACTUALLY REMOVAL AND FITTING OF NEW BULBS SHOULD BE EASY FOR HIM BUT I HAVE THE JOB OF REMOVING THE BROWNS! ANY HELPFULL COMENTS WOULD BE APREACIATED!!!! THANKS ALOT KRIS
Attached Thumbnails EYEBROW MOD-steves-en-suite-693.jpg  
Old 03-28-2011, 02:42 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530D E60

You could do yourself a favour and stop typing everything with your caps lock on
Where did you get your Leds from?
Old 03-28-2011, 03:15 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

use the search feature in the future please rather than posting new thread which was covered several time ..

https://5series.net/forums/topic/681...__hl__eyebrows
Old 03-28-2011, 05:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Dont use caps

Use a dremel multi-max tool for this, you will cut that stuff in less than 1 minute
Amazon Amazon

good luck
Old 03-28-2011, 06:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

You only need to cut the section to the right...Don't cut the section to the left...I used a sheath knife and heated it up..
Old 03-28-2011, 08:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by TheRacerBoss
Dont use caps

Use a dremel multi-max tool for this, you will cut that stuff in less than 1 minute
http://www.amazon.com/Dremel-6300-03...ion/B002L3RUV6

good luck
I actually advise against this. The reason is that the tool go through it very fast, and such a flinch of undesired movement, or say you are caught of guard for some reason, you could really tear up (or into the eyebrow part too deep) the whole section. On top of that, the perforation that it causes is not "clean" and melts away at the seal. This will make water-proofing seal more difficult and will be a giant pain in the ass.

Originally Posted by skeeter
You only need to cut the section to the right...Don't cut the section to the left...I used a sheath knife and heated it up..
Yes, only the section on the right only. Again, I don't recommend any sort of melting away, because the opening will not be clean and make the seal very difficult.

The method I recommend is the hammer pound method that John has shared with me. I'll take a picture of the tool that I use when I get home, but basically it's a flat sharp object that slices through easily with some hammer time.

It's actually rather daunting if you don't have experience doing it (this way). I haven't done many eyebrow mods recently, but all the guys I have done this for using this method (and my way of sealing) have not experienced condensation issue.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:30 AM
Members

Hahaha sorry bout the caps buddy, and i did post it on that link first but got no reply , any way mangaged to get it out with the dremel multi tool quite easy so thanks for the help. got the leds from a link posted by eugene 134 who started this. any way just waiting for my friend to get the boards back as after the first attempt one side never worked at all and only 4 bulb worked on other! no electronics expert but i guess the are directional??? or in series? anyway he will be back soon! so fingers crossed!! if the were damaged can you just buy the board or do you need a whole new light ? cheers for all who helped !!!! kris
Old 03-29-2011, 11:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by simonc123
Hahaha sorry bout the caps buddy, and i did post it on that link first but got no reply , any way mangaged to get it out with the dremel multi tool quite easy so thanks for the help. got the leds from a link posted by eugene 134 who started this. any way just waiting for my friend to get the boards back as after the first attempt one side never worked at all and only 4 bulb worked on other! no electronics expert but i guess the are directional??? or in series? anyway he will be back soon! so fingers crossed!! if the were damaged can you just buy the board or do you need a whole new light ? cheers for all who helped !!!! kris
Yea. They are directional. You have to test them before you solder them. Also you can't just buy the circuit board. You have to buy the whole headlight. I asked BMW about that. You can always try and find used/broken ones and gut out the circuit board.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Well, it sounds like your friend is doing the soldering work, so just remind him to mark the corner so the LEDs will be correctly positioned.

Obviously you would want to test it first before sealing it.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:53 AM
Members

Hey just to keep you guys in the picture, still not got them done, my friend had a second go at changing position of the leds but none of them are working?? how can i know which way to position the bulbs by looking. or how do i test them? seen lots of testing leds on youtube but they are all mostly 2 pin and not 4 pin! do they work simmilar to christmas tree lights that when one is not positioned correctly the power wont pass to the next diode? feel bad on my friend as its turning into a pain in the ass for him as he is extremley busy, worst thing is i stay in scotland where its always cold and wet so moisture is going to be a pain but saw a few posts about dryin that out! your help so far has been appreciated!!! please help!!!! cheers again Kris

Quick Reply: EYEBROW MOD