E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Experience of DMS remap

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 11:04 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530d Sport Touring (E61). Silver Grey, Automatic, Professional SatNav, Black Leather, Heated Seats, Folding Mirrors, 6CD changer, Bi-Xenons, Bluetooth
I've now been running my DMS'd 530d automatic for about five days on a mixture of roads over short and long trips and all I can say is WOW! My car is now as responsive in 'normal' mode as it used to be in 'sports' mode, in fact I haven't once bothered to use sports mode since having the remap done.

I can't report on whether I'll see any improved fuel economy though - I've been having too much fun trying out the performance! If a DMS remap on a 530d is this good then I can see why so many people get remaps for their 535d's - that really must be awesome.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:55 AM
Members

My Ride: 535D, 18" Wheels, M Kit, Heated Seats, Garage opener, Full Leather, Blue tooth

Originally Posted by Mike O' post='399492' date='Mar 7 2007, 08:04 AM
I've now been running my DMS'd 530d automatic for about five days on a mixture of roads over short and long trips and all I can say is WOW! My car is now as responsive in 'normal' mode as it used to be in 'sports' mode, in fact I haven't once bothered to use sports mode since having the remap done.

I can't report on whether I'll see any improved fuel economy though - I've been having too much fun trying out the performance! If a DMS remap on a 530d is this good then I can see why so many people get remaps for their 535d's - that really must be awesome.

I was talking to a guy from DMS today about getting my 535d remapped. he gave me a price of 850 plus vat sterling. I would also have to drive up to the north to get it done. Still trying to convince myself if it's worth doing. How much did it cost you?
Old 03-07-2007, 11:27 AM
Members

My Ride: * 2007 BMW 530xd M pack E61 - NAVI Professional - High Executive - Comfort Seats Leather Dakota Kastanie Braun - Carbon Schwarz - Hifi Professional Logic7 - Safety Glass - Remapped 292 HP 633,6 NM - * 2002 Opel Corsa 1.7dti Sport - Elec.airco - Thermical glas - Proteq - Kempower tuning 100 hp

Originally Posted by Mike O' post='399492' date='Mar 7 2007, 09:04 AM
I have an 530xd since 2 weeks and I'm waiting until I have at least 5.000 km to remap (I have now 1700). It will be done at Kempower in Belgium, they do a great job.
I think it will be mid of April.

I'm also very satisfied with the power, but I know from experience with my last 8 cars, that it does make a big difference, while consumption stays at the same level (driver most of the times much faster).

My consumption is 11 ltr/100 km, but it is very hard to drive slow with this car ... With a test consumption was less than 7 ltr, but I didn't bought to drive slowly ....
Old 03-07-2007, 10:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530d Sport Touring (E61). Silver Grey, Automatic, Professional SatNav, Black Leather, Heated Seats, Folding Mirrors, 6CD changer, Bi-Xenons, Bluetooth

Originally Posted by cillian' post='399673' date='Mar 7 2007, 12:55 PM
I was talking to a guy from DMS today about getting my 535d remapped. he gave me a price of 850 plus vat sterling. I would also have to drive up to the north to get it done. Still trying to convince myself if it's worth doing. How much did it cost you?
I got my remap direct from DMS (a guy came out to my home) so I received a 10% discount off the ?695 net price. My invoice hasn't come through the post yet so I can't give you the exact figure but it should work out to be around ?735. I've been quoted ?530 by another local ECU remapper but that doesn't include any warranty - it's the warranty that decided me on DMS.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:15 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sciarrino' post='399775' date='Mar 7 2007, 03:27 PM
I have an 530xd since 2 weeks and I'm waiting until I have at least 5.000 km to remap (I have now 1700). It will be done at Kempower in Belgium, they do a great job.
I think it will be mid of April.

I'm also very satisfied with the power, but I know from experience with my last 8 cars, that it does make a big difference, while consumption stays at the same level (driver most of the times much faster).

My consumption is 11 ltr/100 km, but it is very hard to drive slow with this car ... With a test consumption was less than 7 ltr, but I didn't bought to drive slowly ....
I know what you mean, my sole reason for getting the remap was to increase the power and, more importantly, the torque. I've found my 530d to be the most relaxing car I've owned for long distance driving - my last car, a 330Ci MSport Convertible was noisy and the engine seemed to lack torque where it's needed most - at lower revs.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:27 AM
Members

My Ride: 530d SE Auto Saloon, Adaptive Bi-Xenon lights, Active Steering, Comfort seats, Bluetooth, Superchipped, extended leather

I've heard so many good things about DMS, but the huge price made me look around and I've opted for a Superchips job, which I had done on our 150 320d first - with just amazing results. As a result, the 530d was chipped the same day I got it, so have no idea what it was like as stock. I'm looking forward to playing with a stock 535d, but haven't found one yet.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:54 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by StuB' post='403903' date='Mar 17 2007, 10:27 AM
I've heard so many good things about DMS, but the huge price made me look around and I've opted for a Superchips job, which I had done on our 150 320d first - with just amazing results. As a result, the 530d was chipped the same day I got it, so have no idea what it was like as stock. I'm looking forward to playing with a stock 535d, but haven't found one yet.
I know what you mean about the price - Regal Autosport in Southampton quoted about ?530 for their remap but I don't think they offer any warranty on their work. Several guys in the Forum have had free replacement remaps from DMS when BMW Progman software updates have overwritten the original settings.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:03 AM
Members

My Ride: (June '05) E60 530d Sport, Silver Grey, Blk leather, Auto, BT, Comms package, 6-disk multichanger,.......£1302 for a dealer fitted towbar.........

Originally Posted by Mike O' post='405227' date='Mar 21 2007, 07:54 AM
I know what you mean about the price - Regal Autosport in Southampton quoted about ?530 for their remap but I don't think they offer any warranty on their work. Several guys in the Forum have had free replacement remaps from DMS when BMW Progman software updates have overwritten the original settings.
Myself and about 4 of my mates organised a group buy from E-maps last year. Simon from e-maps got the price down below ?300 per car (for turbo diesels), and we have a 1 yr warranty on the work (not on our car!). He spent the day with us and remapped about 7cars in total (some of the guys just had to have their wive's cars done also!!)

Although, Simon said if at anytime the remap was overwritten by the dealer, they would remap it for previous customer FOC if you visited their premises, or there would be a ?50 call-out charge to cover their travel expenses.

I highly recommend e-maps.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by TACTRAS' post='405239' date='Mar 21 2007, 04:03 AM
Myself and about 4 of my mates organised a group buy from E-maps last year. Simon from e-maps got the price down below ?300 per car (for turbo diesels), and we have a 1 yr warranty on the work (not on our car!). He spent the day with us and remapped about 7cars in total (some of the guys just had to have their wive's cars done also!!)

Although, Simon said if at anytime the remap was overwritten by the dealer, they would remap it for previous customer FOC if you visited their premises, or there would be a ?50 call-out charge to cover their travel expenses.

I highly recommend e-maps.
I see that you are located in South Wales - where are E-maps based? I must admit I'm quite interested in getting my wife's 320d remapped (but not telling her!).
Old 03-21-2007, 03:33 AM
Members

My Ride: (June '05) E60 530d Sport, Silver Grey, Blk leather, Auto, BT, Comms package, 6-disk multichanger,.......£1302 for a dealer fitted towbar.........

Originally Posted by Mike O' post='405259' date='Mar 21 2007, 10:54 AM
I see that you are located in South Wales - where are E-maps based? I must admit I'm quite interested in getting my wife's 320d remapped (but not telling her!).
E-maps is based in Walsall, West Midlands. Here's the link to their website:
www.e-maps.co.uk

I live in Magor, small village off the M4 between the Severn Bridge and Newport.
It was a convenient job for Simon, as he was down to visit his parents who live in Newport.
Not that they saw much of him on the saturday though...