E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Exhausted!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 09:20 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

FedEx hasn't arrived yet so I have to reschedule. Next opening is a week from today. Will have sound/video soon thereafter.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:48 AM
JDN
Contributors

Dagnabit! Realtyman, are you sure FEDEX understands the situation? There are hundredsof us nervous, panting E60 owners waiting on this Fedex delivery.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

I get a tingling feeling everytime I hear a truck go by my office. Luckilly the guy at the shop was understanding. It also gives me a week to get a good video clip of the stock exhaust.
Old 09-02-2004, 03:51 PM
Contributors

FedEx finally made it here but it was too late for my install appointment.
Gotta wait til next week.

Quality looks to be quite good!

Sound to come next week.
Good thing I like to look at shiny things

BTW, that's a "reflection" not an imperfection. I hope it sounds as sweet as it looks.

I was a little afraid that the twin 3.5" tips would be too big but I think it'll look pretty good.
Attached Thumbnails Exhausted&#33;-dscn0517.jpg  
Old 09-02-2004, 05:53 PM
Contributors

Are you installing it at a regular autoshop or at the dealer?

Boy..can not wait for the clip sound..
Old 09-02-2004, 06:08 PM
Contributors

Not having the dealer do it.

I am fortunate enough to have one of the best performance shops in New England 5 minutes from my house. Lets just say when I had them put a chip in my Audi they had a 911 Turbo on the 4-wheel Dyno, there was a Lambo being worked on, several Ferarri's, Porsches, and many vintage race cars as well.

Putting an exhaust is nothing for them. For about the same $$ as the dealer per hour, I trust their attention to detail and quality workmanship (also my dealer is almost an hour away).
Old 09-02-2004, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

realtyman,

May I suggest that you do a "before" recording then an "after" recording doing the same thing, same road or parking lot, same gears, same rpms, etc.?

It might be fun to have an apples to apples comparison of the stock sound vs. the aftermarket...
Old 09-02-2004, 06:10 PM
Contributors

Come on up and I'll let you hold the camcorder

Actually I have a before but I want to redo it.

I am trying to find somewhere that I can have it "under load".

Now that I have to wait a week to have it installed I have plenty of time.

I will try to get an in-car stock and in-car B&B as well as Outside stock & outside B&B.

Funny thing is that sometimes it sounds pretty good (stock) and other times it is very quiet.

Has anyone noticed that there is some kind of actuator that opens up the second tail pipe (at least on the 545i that is)? I wonder when that opens. Is it Only under WOT? Is this an emissions thing?

I am wondering if I am going to throw an error code when the new exhaust goes on.
Attached Thumbnails Exhausted&#33;-bb_bmw545i.jpg  
Old 09-02-2004, 11:53 PM
Contributors

The sound clip should sound good, but it's bound to get louder in a couple weeks once it gets broken in.
Old 09-03-2004, 05:41 AM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='Sep 2 2004, 09:10 PM
Come on up and I'll let you hold the camcorder
I thought you might just plant your camcorder in the road and drive off and leave it running.