E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Exhaust - what should I do

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 01:10 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 - 545 - tit silver/grey/sport/premsound/nav/cold weather pkg/ hardwire valetine/clear bra/4700k fog bulbs - acs fron and rear spoiler, r10's radenergies with michelin ps2 - 275/30 - 275/35 - aux audio, v 18.xx

Remus will be here Aug 1st - should I go for the Remus at $640 or wait foe the Dinan?
Old 07-25-2005, 04:17 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

In my case, the most important factor is the sound the muffler produces. Next is the appearance of the tips.

That being said, I am liking the B&B Triflo at this point. Both of my criteria are met.

The Eisenmann is the only other I've heard.

I didn't even realize Remus was working on an e60 muffler. I'll try searching around for that and the Dinan.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 - 545 - tit silver/grey/sport/premsound/nav/cold weather pkg/ hardwire valetine/clear bra/4700k fog bulbs - acs fron and rear spoiler, r10's radenergies with michelin ps2 - 275/30 - 275/35 - aux audio, v 18.xx

Yes Remus has one it will be in the staes in about a week
Old 07-25-2005, 05:30 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bturkel' date='Jul 25 2005, 04:10 PM
Remus will be here Aug 1st - should I go for the Remus at $640 or wait foe the Dinan?
[snapback]152997[/snapback]
I suggest waiting for the DINAN which should be out by fall this year, but its a matter of opinion..
Old 07-25-2005, 07:29 PM
Senior Members

Although this piece may be different, keep in mind that most Remus pieces are not Stainless.
Between these three, there is not much doubt that the Eisenmann is the superior quality. The sound preference is up to you. I think there are some clips elsewhere on this site.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:31 PM
Members

id go with sebring lol i swear ppl laugh but i heard a guy with a e60 it sounded sooooooooo deep i loved it much cheaper too
Old 07-26-2005, 12:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i w/ sports and premium pakage, titanium silver, gray dakota leather w/ polar grain wood trim, steptronic

go for B&B ~~~~
Old 07-26-2005, 01:01 AM
Contributors

I had been trying to decide which exhaust to get for the past few months and was lucky enough to find two people with 545i's in the SoCal area that were willing to meet with me and let me see/hear their exhaust. One had the Eisenmann Racing Exhaust (UKAussi) and the other had the B&B (ch7656). I posted a thread about my opinion on the two exhausts as well as some video/sound clips and pictures. To see my post about these two exhausts go here----->(Click Here).

I also wanted to see and hear the Remus, but the only person on this forum that has it is JDN, but he is in Dallas and obviously I could not drive there. By the way, the Remus exhaust for the 545i has been out a long time and I think JDN got his at least 7 or 8 months ago....if not longer. You can see one of his posts about the Remus along with pics and sound clips here----->(Click Here)

You can read my views and opinions on the Eisenmann and B&B in the first link that I posted above, but let me just say this here. Even before seeing the two exhausts I was sort of biased AGAINST the B&B and was 90% sure that I would get the Eisenmann. After seeing the Eisenmann I was 99% sure that I would be ordering it, my mind was basically made up. A week after seeing the Eisenmann I was going to be in Orange County right in ch7656's neighborhood and thought that since I was going to be there and had some free time that I might as well see/hear his B&B as well. He was kind enough to meet with me and let me see/hear and take video clips. That experience COMPLETELY changed my opinion. Going in I was determined not to like the B&B, but after hearing that deep throaty sound and seeing how high a quality it had I was sold. I think that the quality of the B&B was just as good and perhaps even better than the Eisenmann.

As you can see from my signiture below I ordered the B&B last monday (7/18/2005) and hopefully it should be here this week (although I will not have the time to install it for a couple of weeks).

Now go to my post and compare the sound clips of the Eisenmann and B&B for yourself------>(Click Here)
Old 07-26-2005, 08:12 PM
Senior Members

Exclamation

Originally Posted by rodybmw' date='Jul 26 2005, 05:01 AM
I had been trying to decide which exhaust to get for the past few months and was lucky enough to find two people with 545i's in the SoCal area that were willing to meet with me and let me see/hear their exhaust.? One had the Eisenmann Racing Exhaust (UKAussi) and the other had the B&B (ch7656).? I posted a thread about my opinion on the two exhausts as well as some video/sound clips and pictures.? To see my post about these two exhausts go here----->(Click Here).?

I also wanted to see and hear the Remus, but the only person on this forum that has it is JDN, but he is in Dallas and obviously I could not drive there.? By the way, the Remus exhaust for the 545i has been out a long time and I think JDN got his at least 7 or 8 months ago....if not longer.? You can see one of his posts about the Remus along with pics and sound clips here----->(Click Here)

You can read my views and opinions on the Eisenmann and B&B in the first link that I posted above, but let me just say this here.? Even before seeing the two exhausts I was sort of biased AGAINST the B&B and was 90% sure that I would get the Eisenmann.? After seeing the Eisenmann I was 99% sure that I would be ordering it, my mind was basically made up.? A week after seeing the Eisenmann I was going to be in Orange County right in ch7656's neighborhood and thought that since I was going to be there and had some free time that I might as well see/hear his B&B as well.? He was kind enough to meet with me and let me see/hear and take video clips.? That experience COMPLETELY changed my opinion.? Going in I was determined not to like the B&B, but after hearing that deep throaty sound and seeing how high a quality it had I was sold.? I think that the quality of the B&B was just as good and perhaps even better than the Eisenmann.?

As you can see from my signiture below I ordered the B&B last monday (7/18/2005) and hopefully it should be here this week (although I will not have the time to install it for a couple of weeks).

Now go to my post and compare the sound clips of the Eisenmann and B&B for yourself------>(Click Here) ? ?
[snapback]153170[/snapback]

All I can say is that I hope you don't have a warranty/defect claim with the B+B. Enough to keep me away permanently. On top of that, on lighter note, I can't support anyone that anyting to do with the IRL......
Old 07-28-2005, 09:18 AM
Contributors

So right now I think I am going to wait for the Dinan product.

Quick Reply: Exhaust - what should I do