E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Exhaust Installation

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 12:08 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i M-Sport -- arrived NJ port 20-Dec -- awaiting delivery 2003 530i M-Sport Steptronic Rear Deck Spoiler Premium Pkg Nav System Premium Sound Sys Sport Seat Front Seat Heaters Fold Down Rear Seat

Hi All,

Recently discovered the E60 Forum through my compadre and fellow car freak -- BigartK
The site is a great source of BMW info and fantastic pics

My new 06 530i just arrived at the port yesterday and I anticipate getting delivery next week.
I bought a BB-TriFlo cat-back exhaust system and need to have it installed

Can anyone recommend a competant muffler/exhaust installer -- preferable with mandrel bending capabilities [just in case] in the Union County NJ area?

Would appreciate any comments.

Thanks

BW
Old 12-21-2005, 01:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Welcome to the forum!
Congrats to a wonderful car!!
plz post pics later!
Do you have the homepage for the exhaust system?
Old 12-21-2005, 02:07 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by BigW' post='214119' date='Dec 21 2005, 01:08 PM
Hi All,

Recently discovered the E60 Forum through my compadre and fellow car freak -- BigartK

My new 06 530i just arrived at the port yesterday and I anticipate getting delivery next week.

Can anyone recommend a competant muffler/exhaust installer -- preferable with mandrel bending capabilities [just in case] in the Union County NJ area?

Thanks

BW
FYI--that ain't no cat back system--it's a muffler.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by BigW' post='214119' date='Dec 21 2005, 04:08 PM
Hi All,

Thanks

BW
Welcome BigW. Contrats on your new car. I can't help you with a shop. I assume you have the B&B that is made for your car specifically. If so, no bending should be needed. In principle, a competent muffler shop should be able to do the job. Regardless, you many find some of the information available here to be of interest to you. If you have comments or questions, please post them on the thread I have linked.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Previous BMW's owned: 2012 X3 2011 335 cic 2010 535 Touring 2009 335 cic 2008 535 Touring 2007 535 Touring 2006 330cic 2005 330cic 2004 545i 2003 745i 2001 740i 1999 540i 1997 540i 1995 540i 1988 635i 1987 635i 1984 633i 1983 528e

Yo Big Wuss,

Welcome to the forum.

I cannot recommend a competent muffler shop in Union County. In fact, you are not likely to find anyone competent in Union County.

As with masterbation, this sounds like a do it yourself project. You know, different strokes....etc., etc.

Art
Watchung
Old 12-22-2005, 10:37 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i M-Sport -- arrived NJ port 20-Dec -- awaiting delivery 2003 530i M-Sport Steptronic Rear Deck Spoiler Premium Pkg Nav System Premium Sound Sys Sport Seat Front Seat Heaters Fold Down Rear Seat

Originally Posted by BigW' post='214119
Welcome to the forum!
plz post pics later!

Thanks for the welcome and good wishes
Here's the URL for B&B --- http://www.bbtriflo.com/

Once you get into the site you'll find sound clip of a 530i with the B+B system

Originally Posted by stream' post='214159
Hi All,

Thanks

BW
[/quote]

Hi All,

Thanks

BW
[/quote]

Originally Posted by BigW' post='214521' date='Dec 22 2005, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by BigW' post='214119
Welcome to the forum!
plz post pics later!

Thanks for the welcome and good wishes
Here's the URL for B&B --- http://www.bbtriflo.com/

Once you get into the site you'll find sound clip of a 530i with the B+B system

Hi All,

Thanks

BW

Hi All,

Thanks

BW
[/quote]
[/quote] Au Contraire! Stream -

anything behind the cat is considered a "cat back". At least that's what B&B and other exhaust vendor have told me.

BW

Also it ain't no muffler - its a tuned exhasut system. Plain old mufflers don't increase HP and torque nor do they cost as much.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:54 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BigartK' post='214180' date='Dec 21 2005, 06:41 PM
Yo Big Wuss,

Welcome to the forum.

I cannot recommend a competent muffler shop in Union County. In fact, you are not likely to find anyone competent in Union County.

As with masterbation, this sounds like a do it yourself project. You know, different strokes....etc., etc.

Art
Watchung
Thanks for the welcome and confirming my perception of Union Cty

Based on the knowledge you communicate in your suggestion, it sounds like you're an expert on the subject "at hand"

The bimmer weighs 3,472# and re the other task, I have a bad back and the doctor told me not to lift anything heavy.

I don't have a hydraulic lift, so I can't accomplish either task on my own.

BW
Old 12-22-2005, 11:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

Originally Posted by BigW' post='214521' date='Dec 22 2005, 02:37 PM
anything behind the cat is considered a "cat back". At least that's what B&B and other exhaust vendor have told me.

BW

Also it ain't no muffler - its a tuned exhasut system. Plain old mufflers don't increase HP and torque nor do they cost as much.
Sorry but that is not the correct useage of "cat-back". A cat-back exhaust would replace everything behind catalytic converters. It would run the entire length of the car because it has to reach from the headers (which contain the cats on the E60) all the way to the rear of the car. This would replace the 2 sets of resonators and the muffler.

The B&B system replace only the stock muffler, not the resonators. In this regard, it is not "cat-back" and is simply a muffler.

There is also no distinction between a "muffler" and an "exhaust system".

For example, I have a Remus exhaust system on my car. Remus claims it raises hp. But physically, it includes just a muffler, not a cat-back setup.

Also, I've met another 530 owner who installed the B&B in NJ. He just took it to a local Meineke and it turned out fine. Whether you want a more high end shop for your own peace of mind is up to you. Just know that to install the B&B, all that needs to be done is to cut the stock pipe between the last resonator and the muffler, and then mounting the B&B.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 525i Titanium Silver Metalic and 2003 325xi Jet Black with the Premium Package in both cars.

Damm....Bigartk...that was funny...thanks for the laugh