E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Euro LCI Tail Lamp

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 06:37 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 E60 530i Color: Jet Black/Black Anthracite STEP | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 EXTERIOR: M-Tech Kit | M5 Mirrors, Trunk Finisher | Jet Black Kidney Surrounds | Madico Charcool Tint 54%, 35% LIGHTING: Euro-Headlights | Euro-LCI Tail Lights | AiB V3.0 | Solaris Invisi-bulbs | OEM LED Plate Lights PERFORMANCE: Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads | K&N Air Filter WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Work VS-XX 20x9, 20x10 | Toyo T1R 245/30/20, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/25/20 | KW V2 Coilovers | Rogue Engineering 15mm Spacers

Originally Posted by tex_phil
Always call the cops! I exchanged info with someone who hit me and when I contacted his insurance he lied about EVERYTHING. Exchanging info is useless, always call the cops to have record of what happened. He lied multiple times on record to his insurance company, and they sided with him.
Agreed. It's safer to have everything officially documented. I'm planning on going through my insurance (Mercury) to get everything fixed. That's what I pay them for, right? They can sue his insurance company for the bill. Now I'm just crossing my fingers that his insurance will cover a rental car.

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
I currently have 3M on mine. I used to have Llumar and it turned yellowish and I talked to a few clear bra installers and they said that film is crap so stay away from it. Use 3M or Venture Shield.
How long have you had the 3M film? Any signs of yellowing yet? What's the difference between 3M and Venture Shield? Are there any other brands I should check out? What can I expect for cost of materials and install? Did you cover the whole hood or just the nose?
Old 08-30-2010, 07:41 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by KnIgHtCoM
How long have you had the 3M film? Any signs of yellowing yet? What's the difference between 3M and Venture Shield? Are there any other brands I should check out? What can I expect for cost of materials and install? Did you cover the whole hood or just the nose?
I had it since last June and no yellowing yet. From what I've been told by both Premier and the guy I used (Invisiguard), Llumar doesn't have a clear coat protective coating so lots of company dropped them and now they only use 3M and Venture. Not sure what other brands are out there. I didn't cover the whole hood but it goes up about a third of the way. Got hood, bumper, headlights, side view mirrors and front splitter done.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

Agreed. It's safer to have everything officially documented. I'm planning on going through my insurance (Mercury) to get everything fixed. That's what I pay them for, right? They can sue his insurance company for the bill. Now I'm just crossing my fingers that his insurance will cover a rental car.

Hey Ryan, sorry for your lost. Hope you have a fast recovery.

As far as clear bras, venture shield offers a lifetime warranty against yellowing, cracks, defects. Whereas 3M clear bras only have a 5 year warranty. However, 3M recently bought out venture shield, so I have no idea how the warranty will stand. You may want to double check with your installer on this. If you decide on choosing venture shield make sure you get the venture shield ultra, it's more glossy.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 530i Color: Jet Black/Black Anthracite STEP | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 EXTERIOR: M-Tech Kit | M5 Mirrors, Trunk Finisher | Jet Black Kidney Surrounds | Madico Charcool Tint 54%, 35% LIGHTING: Euro-Headlights | Euro-LCI Tail Lights | AiB V3.0 | Solaris Invisi-bulbs | OEM LED Plate Lights PERFORMANCE: Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads | K&N Air Filter WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Work VS-XX 20x9, 20x10 | Toyo T1R 245/30/20, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/25/20 | KW V2 Coilovers | Rogue Engineering 15mm Spacers

How much should I expect to pay for install? I want to cover the entire hood, front bumper, splitters, headlights, front quarter panels and mirrors.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

How much should I expect to pay for install? I want to cover the entire hood, front bumper, splitters, headlights, front quarter panels and mirrors.
Prices will vary from different installers but I would say over a grand. I know the guy that did mine as he did my last car and a for a few other members here so his price was relatively cheap, $595 for a third of the hood, part of the fenders, headlights, splitter and mirrors. Premier was going to charge me about $1K. If you want the whole hood and both quarter panels fully covered, it should run a lot more.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Contributors

Hey Ryan check out Premier, they seem to be one of the most reputable shops to do clear bra, though I think they are on the "higher" end of the spectrum in terms of pricing.

http://www.premiermobilegroup.com/

SOCAL - 544 W Katella Ave, Orange, CA 92867
714-628-0100
Old 09-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

I paid $1200 for my entire front end, whole hood, whole fender, front bumper, headlights, and mirrors. You should try doing the hood and fenders yourself to save some money. It doesn't look too challenging, try some youtube videos? You can buy them by the cut at stickercity.com
Old 09-09-2010, 04:54 AM
Senior Members

I did a little research and this is what i found;

3M Scotchgard Invisible Protective Film
? Indestructible eight mil thick (.008") clear Urethane film.
? Includes a clear coat top layer.
? Remove paint protection film without damage to painted surfaces.
? Clear Bra protects painted surfaces from rock chips & bugs.
? 5 year warranty on 3M Scotchgard paint protection film.

Ventureshield Ultra Invisible Protective Film
? Indestructible eight mil thick (.008") clear Urethane film.
? Includes a clear coat top layer.
? Remove paint protection film without damage to painted surfaces.
? Clear Bra protects painted surfaces from rock chips & bugs.
? Lifetime warranty on Ventureshield paint protection film.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Members

IF you need help getting you car fixed check this place out!

www.RoyalCollisionRepair.com
Old 09-15-2010, 07:10 PM
Contributors

Any recommendations on shops local to LA? Planning to get it done in a few weeks after the paint is cured and I do a full detail on the car.

Quick Reply: Euro LCI Tail Lamp