E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Euro Adaptive Headlights Part number??? Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

Man my Euro Adaptive headlights are completely freaking out on me. They both point all the way to the left, so much that if I am on the far right lane on the Freeway my left Beam is lighting 2 lanes over!

I went to the dealer and they said to me that they could not find a part number for the headlights and have the nerve to tell me they are aftermarket, when they are completely OEM. What I need is if anyone can help me and get me a part number for the European Adaptive Xenon Headlights and if you know if US dealers can get them.

The only difference on this headlight is that there is no amber reflector in the Headlight, just clear like the back.

Thanks

Peace
Old 08-04-2006, 03:43 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Rix,

Sorry we cannot help you without knowing what production date of your car.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Rix, did you try finding them here:
http://www.realoem.com
Old 08-05-2006, 08:43 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Hey Rix Mix, where did you get the lights? I just bought a pair from a guy in Germany and waiting for it to arrive. Hope I don't have the same problem.

BTW, are you coming out for our Meet next Sat?
Old 08-07-2006, 11:07 AM
Members

My Car was an '06 production.

I might come to the meet, sounds cool
Old 08-11-2006, 09:27 AM
Members

Anyone know the part number for the Euro Adaptive Xenons?

Peace
Old 08-11-2006, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I'm not sure of the exact part numbers but is it possible that you have European spec lights (OEM) that were setup for a right-hand drive car?

I think there was a post here describing some sort of switch that controls which way the adaptive lights move.

By the way, technically, the dealer is right about them being "aftermarket". In BMWland, a Euro spec part on a US spec car would not be considered OEM...
Old 08-12-2006, 12:10 AM
Contributors

I dono if it helps but there's a little switch on top of both head lights, which you can select whether your adaptive xenons will function as a RHD car or a LHD car. I found it on my manual. Try looking in your manual. If you look directly on top of the head lights, its sort of a circle cover which you can remove to expose the lever to change. If you don't have that in your manual, PM me, I'll scan the page for you.

PS: By Adaptive, I assume you have Adaptive Xenons.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:41 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530d Touring
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by 525iSE' post='321772' date='Aug 12 2006, 09:10 AM
I dono if it helps but there's a little switch on top of both head lights, which you can select whether your adaptive xenons will function as a RHD car or a LHD car. I found it on my manual. Try looking in your manual. If you look directly on top of the head lights, its sort of a circle cover which you can remove to expose the lever to change. If you don't have that in your manual, PM me, I'll scan the page for you.

PS: By Adaptive, I assume you have Adaptive Xenons.

You can adjust the lights for driving abroad but after playing with the levers I think that all they do is lower the passenger side so you don't blind oncoming traffic.
If you adjust the lever on the passenger side the beam drops down, however, when you then adjust the lever on the drivers side rather than the beam on that side rising, which is what I was expecting, the passenger side just seems to get shorter to the point where it no longer goes into the oncoming traffic lane..

From what you are saying it sounds like you have light units from a right hand drive car, so if you adjust the levers you should be able stop dazzling people but whether you will get them working for decent road coverage is another matter.

Did the adaptive lights just slot straight in? Was there any extra wiring involved or more boxes?
Old 08-13-2006, 09:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Gone Waiting

63 12 7 165 569/570

Quick Reply: Euro Adaptive Headlights Part number??? Need Help