E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

email from Vishnu

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 07:43 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I get the warning message about the battery drain. Seems that the 535 is more sensitive than the 335. Other than the idrive message, car is fine. I travel quite a bit with work and am gone for several days at a time. No problems starting the car after leaving it parked for awhiles. I hope they do figure out what needs to be adjusted power consumption wise to satisfy folks that'll complain about the message. Not a deal breaker for me.

I self installed. There's a post from myself and another 535er put on vishnu's support board on the install since there's not an install video for the 535 yet. It was pretty straight forward and a fun Sunday afternoon project.

Now with the PROcede, it's a noticeable difference low end and top end. Floor it and DSC lights will come on. You can chirp the rears if you turn DSC off. Once you get pass 80, wow. It gets to 120 in a heartbeat and keeps on pulling. The car is noticeably quicker and putting the step into DS is definitely DS now.

If you're worried about the warranty, then this isn't the mod to do. But for me, I didn't have to think twice on this. Make sure you specify in your order that you want the 535 mapping as it's different.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:31 AM
Members

My Ride: E53 E60 E92

Originally Posted by pds22' post='453538' date='Jul 30 2007, 10:43 PM
Yes I get the warning message about the battery drain. Seems that the 535 is more sensitive than the 335. Other than the idrive message, car is fine. I travel quite a bit with work and am gone for several days at a time. No problems starting the car after leaving it parked for awhiles. I hope they do figure out what needs to be adjusted power consumption wise to satisfy folks that'll complain about the message. Not a deal breaker for me.

I self installed. There's a post from myself and another 535er put on vishnu's support board on the install since there's not an install video for the 535 yet. It was pretty straight forward and a fun Sunday afternoon project.

Now with the PROcede, it's a noticeable difference low end and top end. Floor it and DSC lights will come on. You can chirp the rears if you turn DSC off. Once you get pass 80, wow. It gets to 120 in a heartbeat and keeps on pulling. The car is noticeably quicker and putting the step into DS is definitely DS now.

If you're worried about the warranty, then this isn't the mod to do. But for me, I didn't have to think twice on this. Make sure you specify in your order that you want the 535 mapping as it's different.
Just like anything, you have to pay to play.
But if you take care the car (even the mod) one, it'll last. For example, no WOT until optimum engine temp is reached, changed the oil, air filter, coolant on conservative intervals(not mfg recommendation like 15000 mile for oil change is nuts). And cool down period after hard run is a must. Else you pay even on stock turbo cars, they run hotter than NA engine.

I just got my 535i, it's plenty fast for now but in 6 month who knows
Old 07-31-2007, 01:42 PM
Members

I have never once worried about the warranty. Every car I have owned i have modded. I figured with this car I would be safe. But nope.. PROcede is calling me.!