E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Eisenmann Quad Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 12:20 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I been informed by a Eisenmnann dealer in Germany that their quad exhaust system can not be fitted with dynamic drive. Has anyone heard of this problem? In addition, if you did get the quad exhaust did it require any changes to the car with dynamic drive? thanks in advance for your help with this matter.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:23 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6spd, blk on blk, HRE 540R 20x9 in front and 20x10 in rear with Pirelli PZero Neros 245/25/20 front and 295/25/20 rear. H&R springs, and Eisenmann quad exhaust, V! radar detector, black grille, limo tint all around.

Originally Posted by Mack1' date='Jun 7 2005, 12:20 PM
I been informed by a Eisenmnann dealer in Germany that their quad exhaust system can not be fitted with dynamic drive.? Has anyone heard of this problem?? In addition, if you did get the quad exhaust did it require any changes to the car with dynamic drive?? thanks in advance for your help with this matter.
[snapback]137230[/snapback]
I got the quad exhaust on my car and I have dynamic drive as well... I don't notice any problems with having the exhaust, the muffler shop that put it on had the right exhaust wrapped around the spare wheel well... I could be wrong and the exhaust is screwing with my dynamic drive but my car still hangs pretty darn good on high speed turns in my local freeways.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:13 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Mack1' date='Jun 7 2005, 09:20 PM
I been informed by a Eisenmnann dealer in Germany that their quad exhaust system can not be fitted with dynamic drive.? Has anyone heard of this problem?? In addition, if you did get the quad exhaust did it require any changes to the car with dynamic drive?? thanks in advance for your help with this matter.
[snapback]137230[/snapback]
Choioo thank you very much for sharing, at least I know there is hope. Now I must find out from the German Eisenmann dealer why they claim the exhaust does not mount on dynamic drive cars. They?ve even have it posted on their German web site when you attempt to order the exhaust. In addition, I had waited or ?wasted? 3 weeks for my BMW dealer to order the LUMMA rear kit that they attempted to install Monday. They painted the new rear bumper and attempted to install the quad exhaust only to later tell me the exhaust would not fit due to the dynamic drive. The BMW dealer called LUMMA main office and they told them its only for cars without dynamic drive. So the dealer is returning the Lumma parts this week. Apparently, the dynamic drive bar prohibits the cross over exhaust bar from being installed properly. I?m headed to Stuttgart Germany (main Eisenmann office) next Monday for them to look at the car. They claim it would be the first time they have mounted a quad exhaust on a dynamic drive BMW. I would have loved the lumma rear kit, but their quad exhaust could not be mounted by the BMW dealer. This is very frustrating??.. If anyone else can provide helpful advise please offer. Thanks again Choioo.

Mack1
Old 06-07-2005, 10:13 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6spd, blk on blk, HRE 540R 20x9 in front and 20x10 in rear with Pirelli PZero Neros 245/25/20 front and 295/25/20 rear. H&R springs, and Eisenmann quad exhaust, V! radar detector, black grille, limo tint all around.

No problem... I'm glad to be of some help for you. Best of luck with everything!
Old 06-08-2005, 10:38 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

I got the quad exhaust on my car and I have dynamic drive as well... I don't notice any problems with having the exhaust, the muffler shop that put it on had the right exhaust wrapped around the spare wheel well... I could be wrong and the exhaust is screwing with my dynamic drive but my car still hangs pretty darn good on high speed turns in my local freeways.
[snapback]137385[/snapback]
[/quote]

Choi000,

Where did you purchase your system from?

Where does the passenger pipe route from (i.e. directly from the resonator or does it come from the drivers side exhaust like the Hamann system)?

Any comments on Sound or how it compares to the single race exhaust system?

Which rear apron did you purchase?

Pics if convenient.

Sorry for all of the questions. I have seen/heard the Hamann quad system but have not seen/heard the Eisenman quad.