E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Eisenmann exhaust installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 01:44 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I finally got the Eisenmann exhaust installed. It supposedly gets louder as you break it in (I've heard this of other brands as well). My first impressions are that it is definitely not obnoxious (and I got the race version, the most aggressive tone). As I pulled into the parking garage at work today it sounded nice and deep - sporty. It will be interesting to see how it sounds compared to the "pull-away" soundclip that realtyman put up (VROOOOOOM ). I still have the one set of resonators out but intend to put them back in when I have more time to spend at the exhaust shop.

I have a serious recommendation for an exhaust expert if anyone ever needs one...just PM me.

I will post sound clips in about a week once it is broken in properly.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:54 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i w/ sports and premium pakage, titanium silver, gray dakota leather w/ polar grain wood trim, steptronic

u finally got it!!!!congrats man~~~ how long did it take??over 2 months??? enjoy it and i'l be waiting for the sound~~
Old 01-31-2005, 02:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Originally Posted by GER_545SMG' date='Jan 31 2005, 05:44 PM
Well, I finally got the Eisenmann exhaust installed.? It supposedly gets louder as you break it in (I've heard this of other brands as well).? My first impressions are that it is definitely not obnoxious (and I got the race version, the most aggressive tone).? As I pulled into the parking garage at work today it sounded nice and deep - sporty.? It will be interesting to see how it sounds compared to the "pull-away" soundclip that realtyman put up (VROOOOOOM? ).? I still have the one set of resonators out but intend to put them back in when I have more time to spend at the exhaust shop.?

I have a serious recommendation for an exhaust expert if anyone ever needs one...just PM me.

[snapback]85230[/snapback]
Can't wait to hear iut.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

I think it will sound exactly like mine.. Good job GER_545SMG
Old 02-01-2005, 06:29 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JiMmY912' date='Jan 31 2005, 03:54 PM
u finally got it!!!!congrats man~~~ ? how long did it take??over 2 months??? ? enjoy it and i'l be waiting for the sound~~
[snapback]85243[/snapback]
Thanks JiMmy, yes it took 2 whole months. I'm not overly impressed by Eisenhaus as a distributor of Eisenmann exhausts. Seems like an amateur outfit if I'm being completely honest. Their phone staff are helpful and knowledgeable, but the delivery of the unit itself was questionable (packing et al). Luckily, it arrived undamaged and I was on my way. The 2 months shipping was just inexcusable, especially when I was told it would be two weeks.

As for the exhaust itself, happy so far! Thanks again pal.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:32 AM
Senior Members

d
Originally Posted by realtyman' date='Jan 31 2005, 04:11 PM
[quote name='GER_545SMG' date='Jan 31 2005, 05:44 PM']Well, I finally got the Eisenmann exhaust installed.? It supposedly gets louder as you break it in (I've heard this of other brands as well).? My first impressions are that it is definitely not obnoxious (and I got the race version, the most aggressive tone).? As I pulled into the parking garage at work today it sounded nice and deep - sporty.? It will be interesting to see how it sounds compared to the "pull-away" soundclip that realtyman put up (VROOOOOOM? ).? I still have the one set of resonators out but intend to put them back in when I have more time to spend at the exhaust shop.?

Can't wait to hear iut.
[snapback]85258[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yeah, I'm interested to see how sound clips sound, I don't think you get the best idea unless you hear it in person. I think yours may have more of a "roll" to it than mine, but not sure how it's going to sound with another 300-400 miles on it. Did yours get louder and more powerful over time?
Old 02-01-2005, 06:37 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by soc_fans' date='Jan 31 2005, 05:22 PM
I think it will sound exactly like mine.. Good job GER_545SMG?
[snapback]85310[/snapback]
Thanks...yes, i'm sure it will sound similar, but you have the quad, right? Not sure how much difference that makes in tone, but the distribution of the sound I'm sure is noticeable (in a good way).

As far as the good job and thumbs up, all I did was give the exhaust guy my keys and he did the rest! If you need exhaust work done in the future, he is a craftsman. He's in Santa Clara BTW.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Originally Posted by GER_545SMG' date='Feb 1 2005, 10:32 AM
d[quote name='realtyman' date='Jan 31 2005, 04:11 PM'][quote name='GER_545SMG' date='Jan 31 2005, 05:44 PM']Well, I finally got the Eisenmann exhaust installed.? It supposedly gets louder as you break it in (I've heard this of other brands as well).? My first impressions are that it is definitely not obnoxious (and I got the race version, the most aggressive tone).? As I pulled into the parking garage at work today it sounded nice and deep - sporty.? It will be interesting to see how it sounds compared to the "pull-away" soundclip that realtyman put up (VROOOOOOM? ).? I still have the one set of resonators out but intend to put them back in when I have more time to spend at the exhaust shop.?

Can't wait to hear iut.
[snapback]85258[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yeah, I'm interested to see how sound clips sound, I don't think you get the best idea unless you hear it in person. I think yours may have more of a "roll" to it than mine, but not sure how it's going to sound with another 300-400 miles on it. Did yours get louder and more powerful over time?
[snapback]85549[/snapback]
[/quote]
Mine didn't seem to get any louder once broken in.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:49 AM
JDN
Contributors

I thought mine got louder after the repeated runs last night. After the car settled down, though it seems like the sound returned to the subdued low tone. Also smelled awful like a burned clutch. I am hoping it was the new muffler being thoroughly blown out.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:41 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 E63 AMG -- Palladium Silver/Black. Love this car but looking to switch things up to keep things fresh. 2nd AMG in a row, but toying with coming back into the BMW fold!

Congrats, on the new exhaust. I would be curious to see pics and video when available. I have not really seen any high quality clips of a Eisenmann system, yet. Unfortunately, I was scared off by the few lower res. clips on their own website. However, I know their reputation is stellar and I am sure the product is top notch.

It is funny how there are 4 -5 different systems available for the E60 and somehow they all sound a little different.

Anyways, best of luck and I am looking forward to some video.

Quick Reply: Eisenmann exhaust installed