E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Eisenmann exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 02:09 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ch7656' date='Dec 3 2004, 03:48 PM
[quote name='choi000' date='Dec 3 2004, 12:58 PM']Hi all, I picked up the eisenmann exhaust a while back (the quad exhaust) and you guys are gonna love it. I got the race version and had my resonators removed and it sounds aggressive. I'm really curious to know how the dual exhaust sounds compared to mine. Please post a sound clip after your install and let us all know how it sounds.?
[snapback]64120[/snapback]
Did you remove all the resonators (the two small ones and the one large) or??
[snapback]64248[/snapback]
[/quote]

Just the two small ones, not the pancake style

Decent sound - agree with your previous post, better than stock. I think you had this configuration prior to removing both, correct? I recall seeing them sitting on the ground showing the perforated core construction. In your last pic it looked like you welded the small ones back onto the flat resonator, even though it was removed?
Old 12-03-2004, 07:25 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6spd, blk on blk, HRE 540R 20x9 in front and 20x10 in rear with Pirelli PZero Neros 245/25/20 front and 295/25/20 rear. H&R springs, and Eisenmann quad exhaust, V! radar detector, black grille, limo tint all around.

Originally Posted by GER_545SMG' date='Dec 3 2004, 01:52 PM
[quote name='choi000' date='Dec 3 2004, 12:58 PM']Hi all, I picked up the eisenmann exhaust a while back (the quad exhaust) and you guys are gonna love it. I got the race version and had my resonators removed and it sounds aggressive. I'm really curious to know how the dual exhaust sounds compared to mine. Please post a sound clip after your install and let us all know how it sounds.?

How do you think it will work out given that I plan to make no further mods to the car (yet have the sport pkg with SMG)? Too much sound for a otherwise stock car? Tell me this, does it sound anything near the M5's on the Eisenhaus site? Just curious if it is that similar tone. Will probably put the other resonator back in (may test with it out first - might as well)

Thanks for your comments Choi - car looks great. Would consider quad tips, but have to keep things easily reversible.
[snapback]64230[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks! I think the exhaust will sound just right, even if you're not gonna do anymore to the car. It does sound a bit similar to the M5's on eisnhaus's site, but definitely not as loud. I did have both the small resonators and the big box removed and replaced with a straight pipe. If you were to do some motorwork like installing aftermarket headers, then your car will be screaming loud like a race car
As for sound clips, I'll try to get some posted, but I don't have a video camera to record it with, it got stolen a while back and never came around to buying a new one.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6spd, blk on blk, HRE 540R 20x9 in front and 20x10 in rear with Pirelli PZero Neros 245/25/20 front and 295/25/20 rear. H&R springs, and Eisenmann quad exhaust, V! radar detector, black grille, limo tint all around.

Originally Posted by choi000' date='Dec 3 2004, 08:25 PM
[quote name='GER_545SMG' date='Dec 3 2004, 01:52 PM'][quote name='choi000' date='Dec 3 2004, 12:58 PM']Hi all, I picked up the eisenmann exhaust a while back (the quad exhaust) and you guys are gonna love it. I got the race version and had my resonators removed and it sounds aggressive. I'm really curious to know how the dual exhaust sounds compared to mine. Please post a sound clip after your install and let us all know how it sounds.?

How do you think it will work out given that I plan to make no further mods to the car (yet have the sport pkg with SMG)? Too much sound for a otherwise stock car? Tell me this, does it sound anything near the M5's on the Eisenhaus site? Just curious if it is that similar tone. Will probably put the other resonator back in (may test with it out first - might as well)

Thanks for your comments Choi - car looks great. Would consider quad tips, but have to keep things easily reversible.
[snapback]64230[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks! I think the exhaust will sound just right, even if you're not gonna do anymore to the car. It does sound a bit similar to the M5's on eisnhaus's site, but definitely not as loud. I did have both the small resonators and the big box removed and replaced with a straight pipe. If you were to do some motorwork like installing aftermarket headers, then your car will be screaming loud like a race car
As for sound clips, I'll try to get some posted, but I don't have a video camera to record it with, it got stolen a while back and never came around to buying a new one.
[snapback]64387[/snapback]
[/quote]

Actually, I just listened to the sounds clips of the M5 on Eisenhaus and they sound quite similar, but the M5 has a bit deeper and more drone like sound than the e60 with an eisenmann exhaust.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:30 PM
Members

Hi Choi000,
Do you have Dynamic Drive on your car?
I read on the Eisenmann website that quad exhausts cannot be fitted on DD equipped cars.
Thanks.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by 6spdMan' date='Dec 4 2004, 02:30 AM
Hi Choi000,
I read on the Eisenmann website that quad exhausts cannot be fitted on DD equipped cars.
Thanks.
[snapback]64411[/snapback]
ehh, what is Dynamic drive ah ? explain to me leh.. i not sure sia.... Oppss.. speaking singlish! Haha jk! Pls explain what is it ..
Old 12-04-2004, 04:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545, Auto, Sport, L7, Pdc, Sunshades, Silver Gray/Black, 19x8.5/9.5 Monet Wheels, Michelin PS A/S Tires, Full M-KIt, B&B Exhaust, 20% Llumar Tint

Choi000-
With all the resonators removed (two small cylinders and the pancake one) do you get any "tinny" sound from the exhaust at upper RPM's? I'm getting that now with the resonators removed (all of them)....and the stock mufflers.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by 6spdMan' date='Dec 4 2004, 12:30 AM
Hi Choi000,
Thanks.
[snapback]64411[/snapback]

Whats Dynamic Drive? Is that the Sports button? and i didnt see that warning on Eisenmann's website...

Edit: its the active roll stabilization... http://www.bmw.com/generic/com/en/fascinat...drive.html?nl=1
Old 12-11-2004, 10:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Ok here it is... what do you guys think?

On the german site... it says by the quad exhaust

NOTE:
Final pipes in chromium plated execution.
Remachining of the tail apron is necessary!
Not suitably for vehicles with "dynamic drive"! ABE in preparation!

http://eisenmann-technik.de/auspuffanlagen...tail_id_669.php

and the Sports Package has Dynamic Drive... BUT theres absolutely no warning on the US site... so I'm a little worried and confused...

http://www.eisenhaus.com/ehprice.php?selSu...x=11&Submit.y=3

If the above link doesnt work:
http://www.eisenhaus.com/eisenmann.php
Old 12-12-2004, 02:59 AM
Banned

I do have a brand new Supersprint exhaust for sale if u r interested....
they r of very good quality and the sound is awesome from what I heard. Search on forum and i believe a few of us in here have it on their car... its a awesome product and certainly beats the Eisenmann price.... let me kno if u r interested...
dhbeamer@hotmail.com
Old 12-12-2004, 04:48 PM
Members

Yea, I get the "tinny" sound at upper rpms, but it sounds deep in low rpms, and it's quite a bit louder.

As for the dynamic drive control. I don't feel the exhaust having any effects on my car, which has the sports package. My car still feels really stable with almost no body roll when I take turns really hard. But I also have H&R springs, so that might add to the stability of my ride.

Quick Reply: Eisenmann exhaust