E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Eibach's Installed - update

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010 | 09:49 PM
Banned

My Ride: A Car

put a cinder block in the trunk and u should be even. LOL. All bmws are like that even after the springs installed.
Old 03-18-2010 | 09:56 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
put a cinder block in the trunk and u should be even. LOL. All bmws are like that even after the springs installed.

+1 even my wrx was this way

the only solve for it is coilovers or eibach ground control adjustable springs
Old 03-24-2010 | 04:15 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i

I hear what you guys are saying about coilovers, if money was not an issue then wouldve gone that route. But for these Eibach's, Im really happy with them. Ride is great and no rubbing what so ever. Driver side being a little higher, I'm over it already . But just wanted to share a before and after pic of my mod, feel really good about it, specially since I did the work myself

Before pic - last summer:

Eibach's Installed - update-cimg0549.jpg

After pic - just installed last week - big difference, bye bye gap!!

Eibach's Installed - update-cimg1556.jpg

hope you guys like......
Old 03-24-2010 | 04:18 PM
Contributors

lol wow thats a huge difference, i would send an email to eibach and see what they say

that doesnt look right at all
Old 03-24-2010 | 04:31 PM
Senior Members

lol, the first pic is with stock springs and second pic is with Eibachs! its looks the same on the driver side but just a tiny bit higher on the rear driver side but not too noticable unless I point it out. I did not post a pic of the driver side yet....
Old 03-25-2010 | 08:50 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by suthurnbimmur
I hear what you guys are saying about coilovers, if money was not an issue then wouldve gone that route. But for these Eibach's, Im really happy with them. Ride is great and no rubbing what so ever. Driver side being a little higher, I'm over it already . But just wanted to share a before and after pic of my mod, feel really good about it, specially since I did the work myself

Before pic - last summer:

Attachment 102031

After pic - just installed last week - big difference, bye bye gap!!

Attachment 102032

hope you guys like......

looks good! is that 30mm drop all around? are those 20" rims?
Old 03-25-2010 | 10:50 AM
Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2008

suthurnbimmur,
nice drop, is that with stock shock? does it rub with full loaded of passengers? and what's the offset you wheel
Old 03-25-2010 | 11:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Originally Posted by e6t.lab.rat
All most all our e60's are like that, unless you got coilovers to adjust the height individually. Mines the same way after I installed my eibachs.

The reason I think the drivers side is higher is because the battery is on the other end of the trunk, weighing down the passenger side, and in effect raising the driver side rear up a bit. And no the gap doesn't go away when the driver gets in the car as others have stated. These batteries are heavy as sh*t and placed just aft of the wheel well. just my 2 cent speculation
When I've installed my previous coilovers I compensate for driver weight so driver weight does "even" it out. I've had my friends sit in my car (160-200lb range) to measure how much higher I want the driver side. And yes, when they get in, that gap decreases.

As for spring life, they pretty much can't wear out unless you beat them to crap for 150k miles straight so that shouldn't be an issue. On my last car with coilovers (set to 4 clicks from stiffest out of 32 clicks) I gave about 1/4''-1/2'' in driver weight compensation.
Old 03-25-2010 | 04:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

Originally Posted by TakmaN
When I've installed my previous coilovers I compensate for driver weight so driver weight does "even" it out. I've had my friends sit in my car (160-200lb range) to measure how much higher I want the driver side. And yes, when they get in, that gap decreases.

As for spring life, they pretty much can't wear out unless you beat them to crap for 150k miles straight so that shouldn't be an issue. On my last car with coilovers (set to 4 clicks from stiffest out of 32 clicks) I gave about 1/4''-1/2'' in driver weight compensation.
Interesting. Just wondering, did the other three gaps also decrease, particularly the front driver side? I just can't imagine only the back gap decreases (or decreases the most) when a driver enters the car and the other three remain practically the same. The drivers weight is nearly in the middle of the vehicle so I assume the weight is distributed somewhat evenly throught the suspension but more concentrated on left side of the car.
Old 03-25-2010 | 04:22 PM
Senior Members

Tankman, thanks for the compliments!

Originally Posted by johal
looks good! is that 30mm drop all around? are those 20" rims?
Thanks!! Uhhmm, I think its a 1.25 inch drop all the way around, not quite sure what that convert to mm?? They are 20 x 9.5 in the front and 20 x 10.5 in the rear.

Originally Posted by Arrow
suthurnbimmur,
nice drop, is that with stock shock? does it rub with full loaded of passengers? and what's the offset you wheel
Thanks again!! It is with my stock shock, just replaced the EOM springs. It does not rub right now but I had my wife, and two kids in it and still didnt rub. Dunno my offset by can probably find out for you. It probably wont rub due to the aggressive size of my tires.

thanks again and let me know if you guys have any other questions, hope to be some help!!

Quick Reply: Eibach's Installed - update