E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Eibach's Installed - update

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 05:52 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i

Just got done intalling the springs on my 04' 545 and just noticed something when I was cleaning my wheels. The rear driver side is about half an inch higher than the passenger. Does anybody have any idea? I double checked everything before putting it back..... Thanks in advance.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Contributors

were they installed upside down on that side?
Old 03-17-2010, 09:07 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

All most all our e60's are like that, unless you got coilovers to adjust the height individually. Mines the same way after I installed my eibachs.

The reason I think the drivers side is higher is because the battery is on the other end of the trunk, weighing down the passenger side, and in effect raising the driver side rear up a bit. And no the gap doesn't go away when the driver gets in the car as others have stated. These batteries are heavy as sh*t and placed just aft of the wheel well. just my 2 cent speculation
Old 03-17-2010, 09:08 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
were they installed upside down on that side?
I dont think its that problem. if so it wouldnt fit right and it will be very noticable. nevertheless, might be possibility.

Did you buy the springs new or used? maybe the spring were used and the previous owner, maybe you can check with him.

or if you buy new, call the danm company!!

btw congrats on ur mod.!!

PS: does any one know if car with active stabilizer be lowered? just the springs..
Old 03-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Senior Members

I also have the pro-kits springs and the drive side is higher in the back. maybe putting so weight in the trunk might help to even out lol....
Old 03-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

Originally Posted by e6t.lab.rat
All most all our e60's are like that, unless you got coilovers to adjust the height individually. Mines the same way after I installed my eibachs.

The reason I think the drivers side is higher is because the battery is on the other end of the trunk, weighing down the passenger side, and in effect raising the driver side rear up a bit. And no the gap doesn't go away when the driver gets in the car as others have stated. These batteries are heavy as sh*t and placed just aft of the wheel well. just my 2 cent speculation
Have you tried to remove the battery and found that as the same height or not ?
Old 03-17-2010, 09:13 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

Originally Posted by ricky1329
Have you tried to remove the battery and found that as the same height or not ?
No i haven't. I don't want to take a chance with how finicky our cars can be electronically. But thats a good idea.
Why don't you try it and let us know?
Old 03-18-2010, 01:01 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i

thanks guys for the quick input. It wont bug me that much but asthetically, it looks so much much better from the passenger side, lol. Maybe, all my pics will come from that side. I was going to take the rear wheel off and look at it again but I dont think there is much more I can do, maybe just double check to see if it is upside down but I know for sure they are not.

They are used but dont know how many clicks are on them from the previous owner but if Allen had the same issue then I will just leave it. When i put my 285 lbs @ss in the car, it should even it out anyways

Any other Eibach owner have the same issues? Just trying to get a rough idea who else out there has the same issue. Thanks again fellaz for the response......
Old 03-18-2010, 05:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

The reason why the driver side is slightly higher is because once the driver sits in the car, it evens out the suspension / straightens out the car. Its a known issue and your best bet is to get coilovers if this bugs you.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:25 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by e6t.lab.rat

I was just saying this yesterday!

Quick Reply: Eibach's Installed - update