E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Eibach Spring on E60 Sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 03:36 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys,
I have searched and searched and onnly find people with non-sport e60s having installed springs. Has anyone intall the Pro-kit on an E60 sport? Pictures please! I have seen left and right people with H&R sport springs and the drop is too much for my liking. I have had Eibach sprins in the past and the ride was very close to stock. Alos have heard and can not proof the Eibach springs on the E60 sport will only drop 0.5" as they only have 1 spring for either sport or not sport whereas the H&R is a for sure 1.2- 1.5 drop?
I need just 0.5 drop will look perfect .
Old 12-08-2006, 03:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525i Silver Gray/Gray Dakota Leather | Steptronic | Cold Weather | Xenon | Premium Package Modifications: M Aero Kit | Carbon Fiber Kidney Grill | K&N Air Filter | Charcoal Filter Removed | Radenergie R10 Silver 20" soon | kW coilover V3 | SprintBooster soon | M5 trunk finisher Next planned mods: ?Hamann quad exhaust + Hamann quad rear diffuser + Hamann Front Lip?

If I'm not mistaken, J3J3's car has eibach spring installed in it..
Old 12-08-2006, 03:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 (Oct. prod.) 530i Titanium Silver / Black Leather - prem. pkg., step,nav,park dist,comf seats,xenon, push start, comf accs, rear fold seats...can't remember anymore... Mods: Radenergie R-10's 20x 9,20x 10 Mich PS2 tires 245/35fr 285/30rr, Eibach prokit springs, AC Schnitzer front lip, ACS side skirts, ACS exhaust, ACS silver carbon interior and Hamann rear trunk spoiler...to be cont.

no, it will drop the car the full 1.2 but it will look perfect , not too low and no rubbing. there was a car in sf krew (black e60 ) that had that setup
Old 12-08-2006, 04:05 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both Eibach and H&R will drop the sport 0.5" - 0.6" ...to the same non sport dropped level.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Sport, carbon black, media pack, visibility pack, grey leather, heated seats, sun protection glass, voice control, Eibach ProKit, 19" 166 style wheels, e-maps ECU remap to 325hp and 640NM, top speed limiter removed

Have also swapped my M-sport springs for Eibach Pro-Kit.
Only gives an additional 10-15mm from the sport setup, but I also find the Eibach less crashy riding than the M-sport springs, due to their progressively wound characteristics. Would have probably rather used H&R, but weren't available at the time in UK. Still very happy with the ProKit

Old 12-10-2006, 10:24 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by olli_535d' post='365276' date='Dec 9 2006, 02:48 AM
Have also swapped my M-sport springs for Eibach Pro-Kit.
Only gives an additional 10-15mm from the sport setup, but I also find the Eibach less crashy riding than the M-sport springs, due to their progressively wound characteristics. Would have probably rather used H&R, but weren't available at the time in UK. Still very happy with the ProKit

olli_535d Is that the before pictures? because it does not loo dropped at all ...damn! some people here say the same thing .5 with eibachs and some people say 1.2. so let me ask this question, if eibachs only has 1 type of springs for sport and non sport then i assume is only .5 ..right? H&R has 2 setups and i think is Jillios car (silver gray) that has the H&R sports and looks to low for my taste compared to olli_535d...I know i'm picky but want something in the middle
Old 12-11-2006, 03:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530 Titanium Silver/Sexy black

If you car is stock then its going to do the full drop with the spring specifications. If your car has the sport package, it is already dropped so you take the difference of that drop and subtract with max drop of the new spring and thats how low you will go. I think sport only lowers the car by .5"?

If it were me, go H&R. Eibach has always been to conservative in the past for me to justify time/money. .3" of a difference isnt going to make or break a look in my opinion anyways.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:45 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 (Oct. prod.) 530i Titanium Silver / Black Leather - prem. pkg., step,nav,park dist,comf seats,xenon, push start, comf accs, rear fold seats...can't remember anymore... Mods: Radenergie R-10's 20x 9,20x 10 Mich PS2 tires 245/35fr 285/30rr, Eibach prokit springs, AC Schnitzer front lip, ACS side skirts, ACS exhaust, ACS silver carbon interior and Hamann rear trunk spoiler...to be cont.

Originally Posted by xexyus' post='365978' date='Dec 11 2006, 07:27 AM
If you car is stock then its going to do the full drop with the spring specifications. If your car has the sport package, it is already dropped so you take the difference of that drop and subtract with max drop of the new spring and thats how low you will go. I think sport only lowers the car by .5"?

If it were me, go H&R. Eibach has always been to conservative in the past for me to justify time/money. .3" of a difference isnt going to make or break a look in my opinion anyways.

i dont believe so but i could be wrond , either way the eibach website states the drops...sport/nonsprt
Old 12-11-2006, 06:26 AM
Senior Members

The Eibachs website SUCKS!. it only shows one type of springs. Like xexyus stated if the car is already drop then it will just drop the difference...I have made a chart based on my assumptions
Name:  Spring_Comparisons.bmp
Views: 643
Size:  151.4 KB

//... ANYONE ELSE HAVING ANY PCITURES WITH EIBACHS IN E60 SPORT?
Old 12-11-2006, 09:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

The Eibachs website SUCKS!. it only shows one type of springs. Like xexyus stated if the car is already drop then it will just drop the difference...I have made a chart based on my assumptions
Spring_Comparisons.bmp ( 151.36k ) Number of downloads: 6

Nice Chart DonJuan! Can you do one that shows the ride quality?

Quick Reply: Eibach Spring on E60 Sport