E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Eibach Pro-Kit on Stock Non-Sport Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 09:03 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The shocks are not going to make a difference in the drop.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:15 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 528i blk/blk' , black grills, v2 angel eyes 20 inch Beyern Mesh staggered black, H&R springs AFE stage 1 intake Sprintbooster V2 Meisterschaft Pro SuS exhaust

I have been running the pro-kit on non -sport shocks with 20inch rims with 30 series tires in the front and 25 series in the rear. I love the way the car feels. It's still very smooth. The front wheels are tucked in wheel well and don't rub that often. I havent noticed a difference in the shock perfromance over the year but time will tell. I just wish the rear was tucked like the front. It's sits just above the wheel.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

I'm on the same boat. I have a non-sport and planning on running 20" with 245/35/20 and 285/30/20. I don't want to lose the ride but I want to lower at the same time without rubbing. Right now I'm debating on just Eibach Pro-kit springs, Ksports, or KW Street comforts or KW V2.

I have looked into the Koni FSD as well however, I've seen threads on them having leaking issues on different forums. I have also looked into Eibach Pro-Kit w/ Koni Sport (Yellows).

Balbs
Old 02-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 525i Alpine White / Tan

Thanks for all the replies guys!!!! This is the exact information I needed! Now just hopefully the weather will be nice this weekend and I can put my coils on!
Old 02-23-2011, 09:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550 DPE S7 CF Front Splitters

Originally Posted by balbs
I'm on the same boat. I have a non-sport and planning on running 20" with 245/35/20 and 285/30/20. I don't want to lose the ride but I want to lower at the same time without rubbing. Right now I'm debating on just Eibach Pro-kit springs, Ksports, or KW Street comforts or KW V2.

I have looked into the Koni FSD as well however, I've seen threads on them having leaking issues on different forums. I have also looked into Eibach Pro-Kit w/ Koni Sport (Yellows).

Balbs
I had that set up and wished I had gotten 275s in the rear. My threshold for rubbing is very low, and those will rub some. BTW I had non sport with Eibach Pro.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:28 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550 DPE S7 CF Front Splitters

Originally Posted by baggedlvintegra
Ok after doing countless research and hours of reading I still cant come to a definite answer/decision. Here is the scenario...2004 525i non-sport 88k miles. Im running OEM Style 249 wheels 19x8 ET14 245/40 F and 19x9 ET14 275/35 R (yes I want a little meat on the tires for once in my life and these compare in overall height to the 245/35 275/30 that alot of people are running on 20s). I recently purchased a set of Eibach Pro-Kit springs and want to put them on but cant decide whether to get a factory sport suspension (approx .7" drop) which most say isnt worth it as its not noticable or just install the Eibach Pro-Kit (1.2" drop) on top of my factory non-sport shocks. Now I have read where people have done this before but most people suggest that it will blow the stock shocks/struts fairly quick but also have read on the Eibach site as well as ModBargains site that they are engineered to run with factory shocks. So I guess here are my MAIN questions:

* Would swapping out to factory sport suspension even be worth the time/money?
* How long do you think the stock non-sport shocks/struts would last with the Eibach Pro-Kit?
* Do you think I would rub with either setup with the wheel/tire combo I have?

Like I said in the subtitle bring all your opinions! Ive done the research and just want REAL WORLD EXPERIENCED OPINIONS to help me decide, hopefully maybe even somebody running a similar setup that can verify information. Thanks in advance for any help

I had the exact set up your considering...Eibach Pro with non sport and with 19s it's a good set up...no rubbing at all. I now have Eibach Pro with Bilsteins and 19s with no rubbing at all.
My advice...decide and do it once. I made the mistake and changed it a few times...very expensive (labor).
Good luck.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:43 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 525i Alpine White / Tan

Originally Posted by PlanB
I had the exact set up your considering...Eibach Pro with non sport and with 19s it's a good set up...no rubbing at all. I now have Eibach Pro with Bilsteins and 19s with no rubbing at all.
My advice...decide and do it once. I made the mistake and changed it a few times...very expensive (labor).
Good luck.
thanks for input...Im not worried about the "switching cost" and labor involved as Ill do all the installs myself but I do kinda wanna get it right one time. If my shocks go out down the road (hopefully last alteast one yea/9-10k miles for me) it will just be an incentive to upgrade
Old 02-24-2011, 11:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by medik13
Funny you ask. I just talked to him this morning. He says once the springs settled the front was lowered on average closer to an inch and the rears on average was .75". He has a 2007 525i with 124's. He decided to go with Eibachs once he saw my car go from non sport to sport springs. I saw him the day after he lowered his car and I remember thinking that it was not that much different than mine with the sport suspension, but it had a nice rake to it. His front looked a tad lower than mine but the rear looked the same. He says it had settled more than when I had seen it. He too has had no problems with the stock shocks. If I had to do it again, I would go with the H&R sport springs, but he insists that if I see it now it is the perfect drop with the 124's.
How long did the springs take to lower and settle out ??
Old 02-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Lowering springs (Eibach) on non-sport stock shocks or even on sport shocks will lower the life of the shock. I know, because I did this on my 97 GSX. The shocks didn't go right away but they did go within 6 months of me installing the springs on the factory shocks. Once you blow out the shocks, you will be bouncing all over the road. The same happened to my brother on his G35 Coupe. If your going to do it, do it right. Get some good shocks and just do it all the same time.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:02 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Hyper_545i
Lowering springs (Eibach) on non-sport stock shocks or even on sport shocks will lower the life of the shock. I know, because I did this on my 97 GSX. The shocks didn't go right away but they did go within 6 months of me installing the springs on the factory shocks. Once you blow out the shocks, you will be bouncing all over the road. The same happened to my brother on his G35 Coupe. If your going to do it, do it right. Get some good shocks and just do it all the same time.
It appears to be a hit or miss. I have installed lowering springs without changing the shocks every time I have owned modified a car. I have never had premature failure on a shock before and I have done this several times throughout my driving history. All the cars I have done this to had many miles after the intial spring install and never once a problem. Now I can tell you it will make the ride smoother if you do upgrade.

Quick Reply: Eibach Pro-Kit on Stock Non-Sport Shocks