E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

ECU REMAP ON 2006 530d UK

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 07:24 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: e60 530d 2006
I was not planning on doing any mods for this car, as its my first bmw, i was in the market for a 520d originally, but saw a real good 2nd hand 530d stock, and couldnt resist buying it at a price, plus i was the first buyer there.

back to the ecu, since coming on the web, and reading about the ecu remaps and chipping, i think it will certainly work for me, as i dont mind the power increase, but doing for a more economical point of view, i drive between 30 to 40,000 miles a year as a main part of my work

I have no idea as to who does remaps or chiping, and is there any concern for me when servicing etc?

How much is ecu remaps for this model, and can / or will it damage my ecu or engine?

Anyone shed any light on this,

sorry for being so naive on this subject, hence its my first bmw, quite a move up from mondeo
Old 09-12-2007, 07:38 AM
Senior Members

Hey podee, (tell me your real name)

i have sent you PM on were to get the remap done, but im sure local garages or modders in your area can get it done,

Well let me know if i can help, as i have the same car as yourself,

Just to remind you, and if your into that thing

bmw show at santa pod on the 23rd sept, you can do live remaps there i beleive might be an option to check it out.

www.bmwshow.co.uk

Good luck and let us know how you get on with the ecu remapping
Old 09-12-2007, 07:41 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 M5/SMG (LCI) Interlagos Blue/Black Merino Aux input, sun protection glass, Bluetooth, Voice control

Originally Posted by podee_lun' post='468743' date='Sep 12 2007, 04:24 PM
I was not planning on doing any mods for this car, as its my first bmw, i was in the market for a 520d originally, but saw a real good 2nd hand 530d stock, and couldnt resist buying it at a price, plus i was the first buyer there.

back to the ecu, since coming on the web, and reading about the ecu remaps and chipping, i think it will certainly work for me, as i dont mind the power increase, but doing for a more economical point of view, i drive between 30 to 40,000 miles a year as a main part of my work

I have no idea as to who does remaps or chiping, and is there any concern for me when servicing etc?

How much is ecu remaps for this model, and can / or will it damage my ecu or engine?

Anyone shed any light on this,

sorry for being so naive on this subject, hence its my first bmw, quite a move up from mondeo
hi there..
I have had my 545i remapped by DMS Automotive. can confirm servicing is not an issue. completely undetectable. performance gains on diesel far better than NA, so you'll enjoy that!

http://www.dmsautomotive.com/

i paid c?900 for my remap.. and haven't looked back (2yrs).

mention to DMS (Mike Cooper is the guy you'll likely speak to) that you are a member of e60.net and were reffered .. i believe they may offer a disc. they come to your drive, spend an hour tinkering.. then leave you to enjoy the new improved performance.. which is immense on diesels.

good luck.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530d Sport Touring (E61). Silver Grey, Automatic, Professional SatNav, Black Leather, Heated Seats, Folding Mirrors, 6CD changer, Bi-Xenons, Bluetooth

Originally Posted by JayEll' post='468751' date='Sep 12 2007, 10:41 AM
hi there..
I have had my 545i remapped by DMS Automotive. can confirm servicing is not an issue. completely undetectable. performance gains on diesel far better than NA, so you'll enjoy that!

http://www.dmsautomotive.com/

i paid c?900 for my remap.. and haven't looked back (2yrs).

mention to DMS (Mike Cooper is the guy you'll likely speak to) that you are a member of e60.net and were reffered .. i believe they may offer a disc. they come to your drive, spend an hour tinkering.. then leave you to enjoy the new improved performance.. which is immense on diesels.

good luck.
+1 - my remap was carried out by DMS on my drive at home for around ?800 including E60 Forum discount. DMS also reinstalled for free my remap after my dealer overwrote it updating my Progman software to the latest version.

Whichever remap you choose I would recommend having the work done - it completely transformed the way my car drives
Old 09-12-2007, 08:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

The usual "UK" tag in the subject, to attract the members of the clan (in fact all answers till now ..) .
I was pretty right, hythe .
Old 09-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530d Sport Touring (E61). Silver Grey, Automatic, Professional SatNav, Black Leather, Heated Seats, Folding Mirrors, 6CD changer, Bi-Xenons, Bluetooth

Originally Posted by AlexFW' post='468765' date='Sep 12 2007, 11:29 AM
The usual "UK" tag in the subject, to attract the members of the clan (in fact all answers till now ..) .
I was pretty right, hythe .
I think you will find that we were asked to put country identifiers on our subject lines where the topic concerns a country specific subject - that is unless you are suggesting that the OP wants to find out about remappers in countries outside the UK - which he is clearly not!

I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt on your other messages but the truth is that you are VERY rude. :thumbsdown:
Old 09-13-2007, 05:17 AM
Members

My Ride: e60 530d 2006
Talking

Originally Posted by Mike O' post='468992' date='Sep 13 2007, 01:31 AM
I think you will find that we were asked to put country identifiers on our subject lines where the topic concerns a country specific subject - that is unless you are suggesting that the OP wants to find out about remappers in countries outside the UK - which he is clearly not!

I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt on your other messages but the truth is that you are VERY rude. :thumbsdown:

hey your right MIKE O,

This guy is very rude to say the least, i ve seen this guys remarks on another posts, again taking a pop at UK members

Country identifiers you say, how do i add my location, im in cheshire UK, near Manchester, anyone from round here A56/M6?
Old 09-13-2007, 05:32 AM
Senior Members

Arrow

my gosh, Alexfw trying to insult someone else again now.

So Podee, decided on who your are going to get your ECU remapped then?

I replied back to our PM, just let me know a couple of days before.