E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

eBay seller lied about headlights

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005 | 12:07 AM
Contributors

Smile

I posted a few weeks ago that I won an auction for a set of headlights on eBay.de....I don't like the amber reflectors on the US model cars so I wanted a Euro headlight to replace mine. I have been looking for these headlights on eBay.de for more than six months and only found one other set that had everything I wanted (Bi-Xenon, Adaptive, both Left and Right headlights together, and no broken parts). I won the auction on that set too, but the seller said that he had an accident and the lights were broken because they were behind the driver's seat in the car. I think he just did not want to send them to me because I won them at an extremely cheap price (he did not have a reserve price). So that was my first disappointment, but I was able to find this second set a couple of weeks after that and won the auction. The seller clearly said that the lights had the Adaptive light feature in his eBay listing. As a matter of fact I can still go to his listing page today and see that he did indeed list that as one of the features. So when I got the headlights and looked at them I noticed immediately that it DID NOT have the AKL/ALC module on the bottom of the headlight. Needless to say I am very pissed . I e-mailed the guy 48 hours ago and he is not responding. I took pictures of his headlights and mine and sent it to him pointing out in the pics where the AKL/ALC module should be and told him that these lights will not work for me..........No answer. I even thought about just swaping the front covers with mine (which would accomplish getting rid of the amber reflector), but unlike older BMW's the front lens/cover is now glued to the rest of the headlight with a black glue. Even if you take the two metal clips off the cover still will not come off. Also, the headlights do not say "BMW DYNAMIC XENON" around the border of the ellipsoid lens like my headlights do.

Yes, I know buying things on eBay can be risky and the sellers can omit little details in their listings and people might end up getting the wrong things. However, it was not as if he did not say in his listing that these were Adaptive headlights and I did not ask him either. He clearly stated that they were adaptive in BOTH the title of the listing AND the body. So I had done everything I could have but he either lied about it or did not know what adaptive lights were. A while back I saw another headlight listing and asked the seller if they were Adaptive Headlights and he sent me a picture of the back cover open and pointed to the "Vertical Aim Control" as proof that it had Adaptive Headlights. Obviuosly he was confused about what Adaptive lights were and where the module is located.....so this guy is either also confused or a liar. It was also very hard to communicate with him because he was clearly not German and did not know ANY English......and his German was.......well let's just say that my German was much better than his.

I have purchased many things over eBay.de and had them shipped here and have never had any problems before. So does anyone know if there is anything eBay can do in cases like these?
Old 06-29-2005 | 12:18 AM
Contributors

You should forward your complaint to ebay along with the correspondence between you and this person and see what ebay can do. Unfortunatly there will not be much they can do since the guy can just up and run. I would make sure the user name gets horrible remarks.
Old 06-29-2005 | 12:51 AM
Senior Members

sorry to hear your story :'(. however, you can simply report this to ebay. ebay will contact the seller and start the investigation. hope everything will go smoothly. good luck.
Old 06-29-2005 | 03:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Originally Posted by rodybmw' date='Jun 29 2005, 09:07 AM
I posted a few weeks ago that I won an auction for a set of headlights on eBay.de....I don't like the amber reflectors on the US model cars so I wanted a Euro headlight to replace mine.? I have been looking for these headlights on eBay.de for more than six months and only found one other set that had everything I wanted (Bi-Xenon, Adaptive, both Left and Right headlights together, and no broken parts).? I won the auction on that set too, but the seller said that he had an accident and the lights were broken because they were behind the driver's seat in the car.? I think he just did not want to send them to me because I won them at an extremely cheap price (he did not have a reserve price).? So that was my first disappointment, but I was able to find this second set a couple of weeks after that and won the auction.? The seller clearly said that the lights had the Adaptive light feature in his eBay listing.? As a matter of fact I can still go to his listing page today and see that he did indeed list that as one of the features.? So when I got the headlights and looked at them I noticed immediately that it DID NOT have the AKL/ACL module on the bottom of the headlight.? Needless to say I am very pissed ? ? .? I e-mailed the guy 48 hours ago and he is not responding.? I took pictures of his headlights and mine and sent it to him pointing? out in the pics where the AKL/ACL module should be and told him that these lights will not work for me..........No answer.? I even thought about just swaping the front covers with mine (which would accomplish getting rid of the amber reflector), but unlike older BMW's the front lens/cover is now glued to the rest of the headlight with a black glue.? Even if you take the two metal clips off the cover still will not come off.? Also, the headlights do not say "BMW DYNAMIC XENON" around the border of the ellipsoid lens like my headlights do.

Yes, I know buying things on eBay can be risky and the sellers can omit little details in their listings and people might end up getting the wrong things.? However, it was not as if he did not say in his listing that these were Adaptive headlights and I did not ask him either.? He clearly stated that they were adaptive in BOTH the title of the listing AND the body.? So I had done everything I could have but he either lied about it or did not know what adaptive lights were.? A while back I saw another headlight listing and asked the seller if they were Adaptive Headlights and he sent me a picture of the back cover open and pointed to the "Vertical Aim Control" as proof that it had Adaptive Headlights.? Obviuosly he was confused about what Adaptive lights were and where the module is located.....so this guy is either also confused or a liar.? It was also very hard to communicate with him because he was clearly not German and did not know ANY English......and his German was.......well let's just say that my German was much better than his.

I have purchased many things over eBay.de and had them shipped here and have never had any problems before.? So does anyone know if there is anything eBay can do in cases like these?
[snapback]144063[/snapback]
Hi sorry for what have happened to you.

For all you from or to EU-USA use guys tripledeal.com.

Seondly the seller was not roverActive? was he, I know he has all for e60 and he is very nice. check it.

Also email and fax to ebay. GOOD LUCK.
Old 06-29-2005 | 04:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

Man, sorry to hear about that, but on the bright side, at least you got the item. I mean it could have been worse.

Did you use a credit card for the transaction? If so I would definitely dispute the transaction. The credit card company will tell you to send it back to the seller and reverse the charge.

Good luck and keep us updated!
Old 06-29-2005 | 09:16 AM
Members

Sorry to hear that...I've never bought from ebay or would i ever want to...hear to many negative and seen too many complaints....NEVER BUY FROM EBAY!!!
Old 06-29-2005 | 09:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 530i 05 M-technic Silvergrey whith beige dakotaleather

I?am sorry to hear that I hope Ebay can help you
Old 06-29-2005 | 10:00 AM
Members

I purchased Euro Xenons to retrofit since my car came with Halogen. The auction I won said this was for retrofit but I came to find out that a retroift is near impossible according to BMW. E-mail me and maybe we can swap lights as mine are adaptive and maybe non adaptive will be retrofitable? Either way sorry about your experience...
Old 06-29-2005 | 10:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

PGODFAT, How did you retrofit bluetooth? How much did it cost you?
Old 06-29-2005 | 10:35 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Mystic Blue/Black Leather Type 124 Wheels

Guys get part numbers and post them here, there are a couple of us who have contacts that can verify that the part numbers are what you want

Sorry to hear rodybmw
Would you like to post one of the numbers so we can tell you exactly what you got ?

Quick Reply: eBay seller lied about headlights