E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

E61 Lci heated seats into pre-lci

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2020, 03:08 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 525d
Default E61 Lci heated seats into pre-lci

Hi all,

I have a 2005 e61 which came with basic semi electric leather seats, none heated. I have fitted some heated Msport seats from an Lci E61.

Is it possible make the heated elements work with a pre-lci car and pre-lci heated seat buttons?

Thanks

Olly
Old 01-18-2020, 08:58 PM
New Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2009 535i sport

Were you able to plug in all the same harness connectors?

You may need a coding pro to weigh in. People have done more drastic changes and made them work
Old 01-18-2020, 09:19 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by OldManSedan
Were you able to plug in all the same harness connectors?

You may need a coding pro to weigh in. People have done more drastic changes and made them work
Yes I was able to plug in the big yellow connector, I had to make a patch harness for the seatbelt tensioner as those plugs are different but the main plug is the same.

Old 01-18-2020, 09:46 PM
New Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2009 535i sport

Originally Posted by Olsrey
Yes I was able to plug in the big yellow connector, I had to make a patch harness for the seatbelt tensioner as those plugs are different but the main plug is the same.
If you've got everything wired but it isn't working then I would check fuses and then start digging on coding differences. If a HUD can be retrofitted then this should be reasonable with the right people. Do you have a decent local shop to reach out to?
Old 01-18-2020, 10:50 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by OldManSedan
If you've got everything wired but it isn't working then I would check fuses and then start digging on coding differences. If a HUD can be retrofitted then this should be reasonable with the right people. Do you have a decent local shop to reach out to?
I haven’t wired it yet as I wanted to see if it’s been done before as my understanding is that the pre lci get a can signal directly from the buttons where as the lci seats get a single wire signal from the body module so unsure if I should wire it like an lci and code the body module like that or if I would need pre lci seat modules.
Old 01-19-2020, 03:37 AM
New Members

Done some more research and it appears because I only have a KBM and not a KGM, means I can’t use the LCI seat modules?
Old 03-05-2020, 10:32 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 335i, 525I

I did the same thing on my E60 I went from Heated sports seats to heated Comfort seats and everything works but the seat heating. I think I will have to be happy with that how about you did you get the seat heating to work?

V/R

Victor
Old 03-05-2020, 10:45 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by BMWHUTT
I did the same thing on my E60 I went from Heated sports seats to heated Comfort seats and everything works but the seat heating. I think I will have to be happy with that how about you did you get the seat heating to work?

V/R

Victor
Yeah I did. I had to buy pre-lci seat modules and change one of the lci heated seat connectors to match the pre-lci module.
The following users liked this post:
OldManSedan (03-05-2020)
Old 03-09-2020, 12:14 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 335i, 525I

I still have my pri LCI seat modules can you remember which wires you connected to the old module?

V/R

Victor
Old 03-09-2020, 12:22 PM
New Members

These three;

One is for the heated seat bottom, one for the heated back and the communication and power plug

Quick Reply: E61 Lci heated seats into pre-lci