E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

E61 - Climate Control Coding

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 07:24 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

hopefully somebody can help me to get my climate controller coded as it was before :-)
There are no modifications it's a originally fitted E61 pre face lift, high controller.

A few days ago, I had to flash my CCC, everything went OK accept the climatic control settings are not working as they should (or as they worked before).
Formerly I was able to change the vent from upper/middle/lower individually for the driver and passanger.

But nowI can not pick the vents (3 vents für driver + 2 vents for passenger)in the climate-menu. I can only pick the setting (between driver and passenger) to increase/decrease some lines from red to blue. Thats all. For e.g. now its not possible for me to give full boost to the feet.

Does anybody know which moduls are related to the climate controller - and which settings have to be done?
The only thing I found was in CAPPL: KLIMA_SG_ART_CCC -->high but thats not the right thing.

Thanks in advance
Matthias
Old 03-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Members

Hello,

I got it :-)

In the CAPPL module there is:

VA_NOAIRVENT_FINETUNING
aktiv --> nicht_aktiv

thats it. Now I know ---> Topic closed

Thanks anyway
Kerni
Old 04-15-2023, 10:17 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 525D

i understand this is like a decade old post, but i am having the very same issue.
However, i tried coding va-noairvent_finetunning and every time i change it to aktiv and then code it and execute job, it reverts back automatically to nich-aktiv. It's like it doesn't want to replace it to aktiv ?
Any help ?
Old 04-16-2023, 04:47 AM
Members

Hello,
I really would like to help you, but to be honest, I‘m not anymore in detail.
I don‘t even have the the software on the computer.

In 2011 I tried to document what I did with my second post, that’s all I know.
Could it be, that you have not properly saved the TXT file, so it always returns to the old setting?
I hardly remember a „Flag“ to be set, so you are able to safe any changes.

Best regards
Kerni
Old 04-16-2023, 05:54 AM
Super Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 287 Posts
My Ride: 05 530i M54
Model Year: 05 530i
Engine: 3.0 M54

You're not properly coding it. You're changing the setting but not saving or applying it correctly. When you code it will change what you set no matter if it's correct or not.
Old 04-16-2023, 03:08 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by seanjordan20
You're not properly coding it. You're changing the setting but not saving or applying it correctly. When you code it will change what you set no matter if it's correct or not.
yes you were right! That was indeed the problem, i finally succeded with coding it BUT the issue still persists, i cannot scroll these things with my knob for air vent direction, for other things knob works but only not for air direction... I am thinking if the knob itself is the problem because i changed from Mask1 to Mask2, maybe i need a new knob controller with different design or something?
Old 04-16-2023, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

Are you selecting the setting then trying to change it?
Old 04-16-2023, 03:34 PM
New Members

of course, i am more then 5 years with BMW e60, so i am aware how to use idrive knob I click and nothing happens, but here is another video that demonstrates how i can actually change vent direction with temperature knobs, its like everything is swapped around or something.

Old 04-16-2023, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator

I wasn't trying to insult your intelligence I just couldn't tell what you were doing in the video and I don't put nothing past anyone since I'm not there looking at it myself.

I don't think it's the knob or it wouldn't work at all. I think there's a coding issue
Old 04-16-2023, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 181 Posts
My Ride: '06 530i N52

Originally Posted by vandallist
of course, i am more then 5 years with BMW e60, so i am aware how to use idrive knob I click and nothing happens, but here is another video that demonstrates how i can actually change vent direction with temperature knobs, its like everything is swapped around or something.
I control the vent direction using the iDrive knob. I see you using the temperature and fan knobs though. And what are you pressing the ac and auto buttons for?

Quick Reply: E61 - Climate Control Coding