E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

e60 with splash gurads?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008 | 06:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='677655' date='Sep 24 2008, 11:05 PM
Are those de-badged Brembos BBK in red? Haha, ... you almost fooled me
Busted...you got me! HAHA!
Old 09-25-2008 | 06:53 AM
Contributors

wow i cant belive how this is going... and the funnest part is im not the one arguing

just to clear the water the guy didnt put bmw splash gurads on his car.. there so splash gurads he got from a friend.. they dont even fit right.... and the paint looks like he did it with white out... but like i said in the first post.. (to each his own)
Old 09-25-2008 | 07:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

Thanks for the clarification, but in fairness, you did imply that it is stupid to put splash guards on an E60. And your pic doesn't show how bad the paint job is.

ps
I find it highly unlikely that you laughed in the face of a guy selling stuff out of his trunk. I wouldn't even want to have a conversation with a guy setting up shop out of his trunk, let alone ridicule him!
Old 09-25-2008 | 08:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F10 535I
Model Year: 2016

these are hot............................ NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Old 09-25-2008 | 09:25 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GT Premi' post='678013' date='Sep 25 2008, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the clarification, but in fairness, you did imply that it is stupid to put splash guards on an E60. And your pic doesn't show how bad the paint job is.

ps
I find it highly unlikely that you laughed in the face of a guy selling stuff out of his trunk. I wouldn't even want to have a conversation with a guy setting up shop out of his trunk, let alone ridicule him!
yea i did tell him that.. and i do think it is stupid... but like i said to each his own...
Old 09-25-2008 | 03:23 PM
Members

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='677651' date='Sep 24 2008, 11:00 PM
Nice try at an intelligent comeback, but no dice. You can't even keep your own argument on track--it's like you're making it up as you go along. If you (can) read my response, I've explained why I chose the color, among other things you've chosen to disregard. It's the same reason others have chosen to paint their calipers red or yellow or whatever color they want. It's called contrast and personal preference--how else do you get that on a silver car with silver wheels? Why on earth would I want to "fool the untrained eye" when those with this untrained eye (i.e., non-car guys) could care less anyway? What's with the pinstripes comment? That's the best comparison you can come up with? You're grasping at straws my intellectually challenged friend. Frankly, I could care less how many fellow forum members have installed Cal Covers. I don't go through life making decisions based on what others think or do. It's fine that you don't find my red caliper covers attractive; to each his own, right? So what's with calling me a hypocrite and accusing me of trying to fake people a la phony LV products? There's no correlation. Someone should call the registrar's office at OU and have your diploma revoked as you obviously cheated your way through Critical Reasoning 101.
I find it amusing how defensive you are of your mods. Could it be that you are just a tad embarrassed by some of them? You can obviously dish it out but you can't take it, which is what started this. You throw out a couple of cheap shots at the guy with the splash guards, so in his defense I decided you deserved a jab in return. I make a short point and then you feel the need to retaliate with a diatribe (look in the dictionary) and several (failed) attempts at insulting me. Why not be the the mature one and just move on. I plan to.

PS We'll all be waiting with baited breath for you to announce the re-installation of your all weather floormats!!
Old 09-25-2008 | 05:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by Sooner79' post='678384' date='Sep 25 2008, 06:23 PM
I find it amusing how defensive you are of your mods. Could it be that you are just a tad embarrassed by some of them? You can obviously dish it out but you can't take it, which is what started this. You throw out a couple of cheap shots at the guy with the splash guards, so in his defense I decided you deserved a jab in return. I make a short point and then you feel the need to retaliate with a diatribe (look in the dictionary) and several (failed) attempts at insulting me. Why not be the the mature one and just move on. I plan to.

PS We'll all be waiting with baited breath for you to announce the re-installation of your all weather floormats!!
HAHA! You just don't know how to quit while you're behind. If I were embarrassed by my mods, why would I take the time to list them and even show installation photos in my gallery? I took no cheap shots at the guy with the mud flaps. I simply said I find them unattractive and that I can't stand fake merchandise. Both are statements of fact. So now you say you are defending this guy. HAHA! And they say chivalry is dead! Good deed, kind sir! I'm sure the upstanding citizen illegally selling fake LV bags from his trunk appreciates it. I have two master's degrees and am working on a doctorate so I need not look up diatribe. Frankly, the fact you're so proud of your three syllable word choice speaks volumes of your limited concept of intelligence.

There's a thread in the Lounge about guys like you--the ones who feel free to insult others and talk trash via the internet. You should read it. I seriously doubt you would have walked up to me in a parking lot and called me a hypocrite and a fraud to my face, as this type of behavior often results in a trip to the dentist after you've spent ten minutes on your hands and knees trying to find your front teeth. Remember, it was your "jab" out of the blue at me that started this, so who's the one who can dish it out but not take it?

BTW: The "removed floormats" is a well-known joke on the forum after some clown wrote in asking if people removed them to save weight. You really should be more careful to have your facts straight in the future so as to avoid looking so foolish in front of 23,000 + people. In other words, you should have resisted. That was your opening line, no?

Movin' on...
Old 09-25-2008 | 06:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Final Score:

CWS530 3, Sooner79 0.
Old 09-25-2008 | 06:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Oh hell, it's gettin' good so I'll share...

Old 09-25-2008 | 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='678521' date='Sep 25 2008, 07:14 PM
Final Score:

CWS530 3, Sooner79 0.
Get the popcorn already D

Quick Reply: e60 with splash gurads?????