E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

E60 Retrofit Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530d MSport Auto, 19" 172 Spiders on ContiSports 2's, Pro Nav, Adaptive Xenons, Bruce M's V6 Rear LCI Cables/Lights, Number plate LED

Evening Chaps and Chapesses,

After being nearly 16 months since I bought my E60, I thought it was long overdue I joined the site!

2 questions I was hoping you could help with regards to my 2004 E60:

[1] Highgloss Shadowline retrofit. Currently, I have the matte black trim and am looking to 'upgrade' to the Highgloss. I have spoken with various Stealerships and am being quoted circa £600; this does not include the mirrors! Does anyone know where I can source the Highgloss trim from or is anyone selling? I have tried a few brokers yards but with no real prevail. I have seen some write-ups from our friends across the pond who are using some sort of tape. However, I am keen to keep source the actual trim rather than tape. Can anyone recommend a good Indy who could fit this in the Midland / Hertfordshire / East of England area?

[2] Auto folding wing mirror retrofit.
As I will be changing my mirrors with the HighGloss trim, I thought I would try to go for the folding mirrors; unknown to the missus! My car is a Dec 2004 model so my understanding is that it has the modules for this already? From reading a few posts I also see that I may require a door switch to house the extra button. However, I am keen to have my key coded for this function and would not require the door switch. Firstly, is it possible to retrofit the folding mirrors in Highgloss and if so does anyone have the folding mirrors for sale or can point me in the right direction? Secondly, can anyone recommend any good Indys to program my key in the Midland / Hertfordshire / East of England area?

Thanks in advance.
P

P.s I will be updating my signature this evening