E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

E60 Mod progress report with pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 01:09 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 528i Black Sapphire, Sports Package, Premium Package, Anthracite Headliner, VMR 714 20x8.5 wheels, Moonroof, StoneX, Xenons, Heated Seats, Sirius, IPOD/USB, Chrome Valentine One!

The car looks great, I love the color combo with the wheels!
Old 06-18-2008, 01:13 PM
Senior Members

yes like it much, very inspiring, i know, i recently transformed mine too..............feels good doesnt it?

anyhow keep the mods coming...

good luck..!
Old 06-18-2008, 01:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 645 Ci, Individual Stratusgrey Metallic with individual grey leather Individual Stratos metallic, Shadow line, Black Individual leather, 19'' ellisoid, Panorama sunroof, PDC, Dynamic drive, Adaptive steering, Adaptive headlights, Voice control, Logic 7, Prof sat nav, BT phone, TV, Heated Sport seats, Ski sac, light pakket, CD-changer. Mods (so far): iPod interface, K&N Airfilter.

Looking great.... except for the wheels (sorry not my taste)

I say two things:
- lowering
- M5 mirrors

Keep modding!
Old 06-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by Doc Horror' post='605309' date='Jun 18 2008, 03:16 PM
Looking great.... except for the wheels (sorry not my taste)

I say two things:
- lowering
- M5 mirrors

Keep modding!
J,

Its coming together nicely, +1 for the lowering though. SLAM that Sh!t man!!! I am not a front plate man myself, but if I was in a place where you had no choice then that euro plate is the way to go for sure.

Are your wheels staggered? From one pic (front) it looks like you need rear spacers and from another (rear view) it looks okay so it was hard for me to tell.

Lower it and throw some 167's on there
Old 06-18-2008, 11:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i, mystic blue metallic, black leather interior, dark poplar wood trim, premium package, navigation, iPod, park distance control, voice activation, bluetooth. Mods: Full M-Tech Kit, ACS Rep Rear Window Spoiler, ACS Rep Rear Deck Spoiler, ACS Rep Quad Diffuser, ACS Rep Exhaust Tips, Remus Duel Exhaust, De-badge, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Umnitza Predator Ice V2, HID fog lights, Clear Side Marker Light Bulbs (yellow when on), Dark Poplar Wood Shifter, Dark Poplar Wood e-Brake Handle, Dark Poplar Wood Steering Wheel Inserts, OEM Steel Pedals, OEM M Footrest, 19 inch OEM 121s (Summer), 18 inch 124s (Winter), Shadowline Window Trim, Blacked-out Kidney Grills

Originally Posted by IceyTys' post='605338' date='Jun 18 2008, 11:55 PM
J,

Its coming together nicely, +1 for the lowering though. SLAM that Sh!t man!!! I am not a front plate man myself, but if I was in a place where you had no choice then that euro plate is the way to go for sure.

Are your wheels staggered? From one pic (front) it looks like you need rear spacers and from another (rear view) it looks okay so it was hard for me to tell.

Lower it and throw some 167's on there
Thanks for the inputs. I like the wheels for now. I love the 167s though, they are my favorite OEM wheels. Maybe one day... I don't plan on dropping it anytime soon.

As for the spacers, the shop that put the wheels on said the rear could come out an inch. I am just not smart on what to get to bring them out.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 M3 E60 530i

i found my twin!!!

well, almost =)
Old 06-19-2008, 01:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by wacopolumbo' post='605640' date='Jun 19 2008, 01:59 AM
Thanks for the inputs. I like the wheels for now. I love the 167s though, they are my favorite OEM wheels. Maybe one day... I don't plan on dropping it anytime soon.

As for the spacers, the shop that put the wheels on said the rear could come out an inch. I am just not smart on what to get to bring them out.
J

you can get either Eibach or H & R spacers, or a few other brands, but yes you may want to consider getting 12mm spacer set that will bring the rears out nice and flush! Ive actually seen some folks selling theirs on here, you maybe able to pick up a set 1/2 price ya know!

As for your wheels, as they say its a matter or choice, besides I didnt say anything negative I was just saw some others on here telling you to get different wheels and I thought some 167's would set your car off! If I had a black or dark colored car that'd be the way I would dress up mine!
Old 06-19-2008, 09:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i, mystic blue metallic, black leather interior, dark poplar wood trim, premium package, navigation, iPod, park distance control, voice activation, bluetooth. Mods: Full M-Tech Kit, ACS Rep Rear Window Spoiler, ACS Rep Rear Deck Spoiler, ACS Rep Quad Diffuser, ACS Rep Exhaust Tips, Remus Duel Exhaust, De-badge, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Umnitza Predator Ice V2, HID fog lights, Clear Side Marker Light Bulbs (yellow when on), Dark Poplar Wood Shifter, Dark Poplar Wood e-Brake Handle, Dark Poplar Wood Steering Wheel Inserts, OEM Steel Pedals, OEM M Footrest, 19 inch OEM 121s (Summer), 18 inch 124s (Winter), Shadowline Window Trim, Blacked-out Kidney Grills

Originally Posted by IceyTys' post='606049' date='Jun 19 2008, 11:35 PM
J

you can get either Eibach or H & R spacers, or a few other brands, but yes you may want to consider getting 12mm spacer set that will bring the rears out nice and flush! Ive actually seen some folks selling theirs on here, you maybe able to pick up a set 1/2 price ya know!

As for your wheels, as they say its a matter or choice, besides I didnt say anything negative I was just saw some others on here telling you to get different wheels and I thought some 167's would set your car off! If I had a black or dark colored car that'd be the way I would dress up mine!
Thanks for the heads up on the spacers! For the look of my ride, my OEM wheel of choice is the 167s too.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i

Originally Posted by wacopolumbo' post='606409' date='Jun 20 2008, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the spacers! For the look of my ride, my OEM wheel of choice is the 167s too.
I say....Keep the wheels, add 12 mm spacers and cross drilled rotors (unless you want to go all out and do BBK with Blue Calipers)

Nice work