E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

E60 LCI Halogen Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 12:10 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by Gizzler
Toyota 4 runner!
A break? As far as I know tailgating tickets cost you like closed to 1k. Another friend of mine got tailgating tickets in NJ (when i used to live there), and he had to hire a lawyer to not get 5 points on his license and he paid like 1.5 k in total.
Haven't heard any update about the fine from the 4runner friend, but i don't think that'll be cheap.

Oh and yes, that's why i said until i have MONEY to install 'em. For me, I've to add labor (for anything about headlights, believe me I'll just come straight to you ) too as I'm not a professional like you. It's just that I'm still saving up money to do blackout, lens swap and orions
Really, wow, I didn't realize that's the kind of fine for tailgating. But state inspection is pretty rough too. You have to pay for it, and if anything doesn't pass, your vehicle has to stay at the facility -- which makes it difficult to have anything fixed if it requires a shop. On top of that, if your car has to stay there, you have to pay storage fee as well.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528i TiAg Premium/Cold Weather Pkg, 20% Tint, Technic Harness, JL Audio 12W7, JL HD 750/1 and LOTS of lighting mods!!!!!

wait...then if thats the case I could just get me a pair of
these these
for the hi's and low's...focus on doing the AE's and go HID later?? are your bulbs blueish??

Are the gp's at least as bright as stock??
Old 10-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BTW, I meant the friend from NJ paid 1.5k for ONE tailgating ticket. did a typo and put 's' but it's now fixed in my post!!
Old 10-10-2011, 12:21 PM
Members

Originally Posted by MORI3L
wait...then if thats the case I could just get me a pair of these for the hi's and low's...focus on doing the AE's and go HID later?? are your bulbs blueish??

Are the gp's at least as bright as stock??
This is what I have. No comment about if it's brighter than the stock as I forgot to compare. but definitely A LOT dimmer than HID (duh... )
Old 10-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Members

somehow i was told I couldn't post images on this board (not sure why)
so just go to this link and see.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528i TiAg Premium/Cold Weather Pkg, 20% Tint, Technic Harness, JL Audio 12W7, JL HD 750/1 and LOTS of lighting mods!!!!!

will let you know...the next thing is to find a comparison to stock brightness...7500k's look just as bright as stock...not sure about 8500k...this is based off of pictures that were posted by the manufacturer though...time for some googling...
Old 10-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Members

Hi guys. First post on here so go easy on the newbie

I have a 2007 pre-LCI 520D MSport. Last night my AE on the driver side went. I don't know much about the lighting set up but figured as both AE Corona hoops went out at the same time that it takes a single bulb to power both. They are NOT Xenon but were the stock yellow lights. Now as I have to replace the driver AE I'd like to replace both and the low/full and fogs with white bulbs. Can't afford any fancy upgrade kits just a bulb replace so would really appreciate any advice on which are the right bulbs to fit the connectors on the car?

Cheers lads
Old 10-11-2011, 11:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by MORI3L
will let you know...the next thing is to find a comparison to stock brightness...7500k's look just as bright as stock...not sure about 8500k...this is based off of pictures that were posted by the manufacturer though...time for some googling...
Uhh... that is very incorrect. At 7500k, you're looking at close to 20% loss of luminosity compared to 4300k stockers. There is more to lighting than just brightness. Just because it looks "bright" does not mean it carries the same lighting distance. Which is why I advise heavily against (PNP) LED in reverse lights.

Originally Posted by Redeye
Hi guys. First post on here so go easy on the newbie

I have a 2007 pre-LCI 520D MSport. Last night my AE on the driver side went. I don't know much about the lighting set up but figured as both AE Corona hoops went out at the same time that it takes a single bulb to power both. They are NOT Xenon but were the stock yellow lights. Now as I have to replace the driver AE I'd like to replace both and the low/full and fogs with white bulbs. Can't afford any fancy upgrade kits just a bulb replace so would really appreciate any advice on which are the right bulbs to fit the connectors on the car?

Cheers lads
Make your own thread, it'll get a lot more visibility and answered there.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Uhh... that is very incorrect. At 7500k, you're looking at close to 20% loss of luminosity compared to 4300k stockers. There is more to lighting than just brightness. Just because it looks "bright" does not mean it carries the same lighting distance. Which is why I advise heavily against (PNP) LED in reverse lights.

I see...in your opinion..how would these compare to the stock hi/lo's and these to the stock fogs in terms of brightness/light traveling distance??

Im thinking about using those bulbs in my hi beams/fogs and getting hid for my lo's + John's LED AE's.

Side question...you should be able to install a H11 where an H8 bulb should go right?
Old 10-11-2011, 12:10 PM
Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Make your own thread, it'll get a lot more visibility and answered there.
Will do

Quick Reply: E60 LCI Halogen Lighting