E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

E60 LCI Halogen Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 09:41 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 08 528i TiAg Premium/Cold Weather Pkg, 20% Tint, Technic Harness, JL Audio 12W7, JL HD 750/1 and LOTS of lighting mods!!!!!

I know there have been several lighting threads...however most of them pertain to xenon-based lighting solutions. That said....I would like to upgrade all of my exterior bulbs...and get something that's fully white. It doesn't have to be super bright just as bright as stock or slightly brighter is fine (for now).

Heres what i'm thinking.....feel free to help me decide..

Hi/Lo beam (H7): Philips Diamond Vision, Philips X-treme Vision, Osram Nightbreakers.
Fogs (H10): Not sure which fogs?
Angel Eyes (H10): GP Thunder Leds, Not sure which other LED options there are maybe someone can chime in??
License Plate (6418): GP Thunder 6418

Again, I'm going for a slightly brigther than stock look...just pure white....
Old 10-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll definitely suggest you to go HID. I got mine from ddmtuning (55W for low-beam & 35W for fog) and I'm VERY PLEASED with the results.
btw, Fog light uses H8 bulbs for E60 halogen.

For AE, It's not H10, it's H10w which is like a miniature bulb. I mistakenly bought H8 bulbs and had to return it. So, you don't really have many choices. You can choose to PM John@Motorcepts-he's willing to do custom LEDs for our headlight housing. Or you can go with Orion Rings (which with labor will cost over 500 bucks).

I know how you feel man, I was on the forums for days and couldn't find a decent answer for Halogen setup until I PM'ed many legend members such as nomis_nech (hope i spelled it right) aka Simon, LuxuryTax, John@Motorcepts, etc.

And I'm now thinking to spend big on Orion AEs along with blacking out headlights and clear lens swap. (which will run about 700 or more including labor?). Saving up, hopefully will happen in a month or two.

Hope this answer helps.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:18 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

Gizzler is correct. LCI Halogen is the horrible horrible H10w type bulbs. Options to upgrade are very slim unless you do some custom fab work or do the Orion Angel Eye upgrade.

John@Motorcepts can take our stock bulb holder and modify it to accept LED, but you'll have to ship it to him.

The Orion upgrade involves cutting the lens on the headlights to open them up. Some people don't want to do this including myself, but a lot of others done this and it looks awesome.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528i TiAg Premium/Cold Weather Pkg, 20% Tint, Technic Harness, JL Audio 12W7, JL HD 750/1 and LOTS of lighting mods!!!!!

How about these?? My link
Old 10-10-2011, 10:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

Nope. Those won't work either.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:34 AM
Senior Members

This is gonna get difficult....lol....

Aside from the AE's what would you guys suggest for the Lo/Hi beams and Fogs (Bulb-wise)??
Old 10-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Members

Originally Posted by MORI3L
How about these?? My link
EVEN if those work, I'd recommend you to read THIS LINK before purchasing ANYTHING from that site/vendor. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Old 10-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Members

This is gonna get difficult....lol....

Aside from the AE's what would you guys suggest for the Lo/Hi beams and Fogs (Bulb-wise)??
Well, I went with HID kits from ddmtuning.com
I don't know much about the reviews on Halogen bulbs but for HID, you don't really need to swap high beams unless you wanna get a ticket by letting police see you flash a HID high-beam. LOL

FYI
Hi/Low beam - H7 bulbs
Fog - H8 bulbs.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:41 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Gizzler
EVEN if those work, I'd recommend you to read THIS LINK before purchasing ANYTHING from that site/vendor. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

I could always try to find them on a different site...hmmm...
Old 10-10-2011, 10:46 AM
Members

I could always try to find them on a different site...hmmm...
Well I'm just giving you some warning before you purchase anything from them.
and BTW, to answer your question, those bulbs linked wouldn't work.

Quick Reply: E60 LCI Halogen Lighting