E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

E60 AUX Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 03:59 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have an 2005 530i i was looking into installing aux retrofit part no. 65 12 0 153 502 but i was told that the aux will not sound good i will need to get an iPod adopter i wanted to know if this is true or not since i do not really know much about it
Old 03-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Navy 550I

I would like to know too!
Old 03-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 modded the F out

I have both. Only reason why I ever use the Aux is when Im watching DVD's through my Idrive screen. They obviously service different purposes, but both will still need t be coded in order for them to work. With the iPod integration you'll at least have the capability to maneuver through your music via the drive. The aux does now allow you to do this. Sound quality, to me at least , is the same.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:16 AM
Members

i am in the middle of installing this myself - i bought the coding cables and wwas sharp enough to get them installed but I am waiting for warm weather to pull the dash apart. I read that this is the same part as the older e3X but the pins are shaped differently. I also read its beneficial to remove the resistor from that BMW part to increase sound volume. esstitaly it makes the cable a standard aux cable . i made a cable with a standard 3.5mm cable, cutting one end off and affixing female pins (radio shack, super cheap) on the L R and ground. Ill let you know fidelity i think ill be doing it this afternoon
Old 03-03-2012, 08:38 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by devildawg712
I have both. Only reason why I ever use the Aux is when Im watching DVD's through my Idrive screen. They obviously service different purposes, but both will still need t be coded in order for them to work. With the iPod integration you'll at least have the capability to maneuver through your music via the drive. The aux does now allow you to do this. Sound quality, to me at least , is the same.
thanks for the reply but i have a question men how can i watch dvds on my idrive i have the dvd for the navigation and also if i have the aux can i watch videos from there to idrive?
Old 03-03-2012, 08:44 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Nope, you need to purchase an interface module and DVD player to play DVD media on pre-LCI.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 modded the F out

^^^ +1.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Members

install went pretty well i finally took the plunge and did some coding and it went great!

the aux fidelity is pretty good, its better than fm radio for sure haha but not quite as good as cd. I will be spending a LOT of time using the aux and i dont think the sound quality is going to upset me whatsoever. (note, i did build a cable but will end up attaching a resistor as im getting a "whine" through the aux input that matches alternator speed)
Old 03-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Nope, you need to purchase an interface module and DVD player to play DVD media on pre-LCI.
Do you recommend a specific brand of module?
Old 03-06-2012, 10:11 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wtlb
Do you recommend a specific brand of module?
+1 i was looking at european auto source one because most mfest members i know have this but i found cheaper module on the internet

Quick Reply: E60 AUX Questions