E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

E60 AUX Cable PLEASE READ Updated Cable.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 11:40 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brendinernst
I have them on hand. I don't usually send them with the cable because this is the first I have heard of someone not having one. I have installed 8 locally and all of them had it. The only reason I have them is because my Z4 did not have it and I am thinking of making a cable for the Z4 group. Order the cable and make a note in the "note to seller" section telling me to send you one. It is weird that you dont have one though because that is where your amp connects to back of the radio.....Typically. Anyone else who needs one please let me know I have 100. lol

That's really strange that mine appears to be different than all the others you have seen. I have a 2004 (10/2003 build date) 530i with Logic 7 with 6disk CD changer. Here is a picture of the back of the CD player and what my connection to where the aux port attaches to - as you see I don't have anything going into the lower 2 areas. I don't seem to have any problems with my sound, so I wonder if on my car the amp is plugged in elsewhere. Looking at the picture you posted in this thread, it appears I would need both of the black connector boxes which you have pictured in post #1. Also, would you be able to send one extra tyco connector attached to a cable so that I can attempt to do the mod posted here: https://5series.net/forums/topic/518...t-programming/
E60 AUX Cable PLEASE READ Updated Cable.....-cd-player.jpg

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails E60 AUX Cable PLEASE READ Updated Cable.....-cd-player-cable.jpg  
Old 03-20-2012, 08:31 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

i too have logic7 and nav as well on my 2005, in for answers on this. i don't want to pull apart my dash only to figure out it doesnt work
Old 03-21-2012, 05:43 PM
Members

Alright I have done the research and have an answer. I apparently have never installed one of these in a Logic 7 equipped car, I guess they are rare. The reason why you do not have a connector is because the Logic 7 gets it's audio signal over FIBER OPTIC not a hardwired connection. This is why BMW did not install the connector in the back of the radio. I called my brother who has a 650i (same audio system as E60) with logic 7 and I asked him to bring his car up to me so that I could check it out. I looked at it today and he already had an aux hooked up so I took it apart to confirm that the pins were in the same location and they are. I even hooked up my cable to esnure compatibility and it worked fine. As this is news to me I will now be sending the connectors with all purchases. If anyone who has already purchased this cable from me runs into this let me know immediately and I will overnight the connector to you free of charge. Soccerfro22, I would be more than happy to send a 4 foot strand of wire (green) with a tyko pin with your order at no additional cost so that you can perform the "ground" mod that gets around coding. Just let me know when you pm me your email and I will add it to the invoice as $0.00 I would also like to thank you for bringing this news to my attention. I am a very easy person to work with and if there is anything I can do for anyone my cell phone number is 937-430-6807. Feel free to contact me anytime before 2:00am EST.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:27 AM
Members

I went to your eBay link, but said it had ended? how can i get a cable from you?
Also my car is a 2004 545i w Nav and Logic 7 radio w DVD drive and CD changer in glovebox.

How does the "ground mod" work? to get around coding?

thanks

Originally Posted by brendinernst
Alright I have done the research and have an answer. I apparently have never installed one of these in a Logic 7 equipped car, I guess they are rare. The reason why you do not have a connector is because the Logic 7 gets it's audio signal over FIBER OPTIC not a hardwired connection. This is why BMW did not install the connector in the back of the radio. I called my brother who has a 650i (same audio system as E60) with logic 7 and I asked him to bring his car up to me so that I could check it out. I looked at it today and he already had an aux hooked up so I took it apart to confirm that the pins were in the same location and they are. I even hooked up my cable to esnure compatibility and it worked fine. As this is news to me I will now be sending the connectors with all purchases. If anyone who has already purchased this cable from me runs into this let me know immediately and I will overnight the connector to you free of charge. Soccerfro22, I would be more than happy to send a 4 foot strand of wire (green) with a tyko pin with your order at no additional cost so that you can perform the "ground" mod that gets around coding. Just let me know when you pm me your email and I will add it to the invoice as $0.00 I would also like to thank you for bringing this news to my attention. I am a very easy person to work with and if there is anything I can do for anyone my cell phone number is 937-430-6807. Feel free to contact me anytime before 2:00am EST.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:55 AM
jgt
Contributors

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

Can you post a DIY and whether or not extra coding is needed?
I have a non logic 7 audio system with an OEM ipod adaptor already coded.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:15 PM
Members

The following link will explain how to get AUX to work without coding however I do not recommend it for the following reason.

https://5series.net/forums/topic/518...t-programming/

1.) Iv'e heard the sound quality is unacceptable using this method on multiple forums.
2.) There is a right way to do things and a wrong way. This is definitely the wrong way. This is just "rigged" if you ask me and I just dont like things in my car to be rigged. If you choose to try this route that is your choice and I will gladly make the cable and ship it with your order free to make the entire process much easier for you. Give it a shot. If you like it you do if you don't you dont. Im just not going to do it in mine that's all.

To answer other questions:
1.) If you want to purchase my cable which will now come with the harness that is absent on Logic 7 systems simply email me at brendinernst@gmail.com and I will send you an invoice for the cable that can be paid through paypal. Orders ship out the day following payment.

2.) This cable will work on all systems but will need to be coded if you do not hav an AUX option in the entertainment menu. It doesnt matter if you have SAT Radio, CD Changer, iPod Connection, or any other OEM device. All these devices are linked via fiber optic and none of them occupy the pins required to hook up this cable.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:00 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i

just installed the cable you sent me,, DIY video was awesome and every thing works flawlessly thanks again brendin
Old 03-23-2012, 01:26 AM
Members

Thanks for all your hard detective work! Interesting to know all this... I guess I'm lucky to be one of the few who have logic7! Just wish I had nav! Be looking for my pm to place an order! I can't wait to get it setup and working...and for so much cheaper than the dension I was planning to get later on this summer!
Old 03-25-2012, 02:33 AM
Members

Matthewkirwan@aol.com send me anninvoice plz
Old 03-31-2012, 07:08 PM
Members

I am interested in getting the AUX IN cable to install it on my 530i with IDrive (Logic 7), NAV, and CD. I PM'ed you my email address...please confirmed you have received it. Thanks!...

Quick Reply: E60 AUX Cable PLEASE READ Updated Cable.....