E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

E60 AUX Cable PLEASE READ Updated Cable.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 08:40 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaizen
That's what she said!!

I couldn't resist. I've been on a "The Office" binge lately, watching all of the older episodes when Michael Scott (Steve Carell) was still a part of the show. It's just not the same without him.

Anyway, back on topic.
I was waiting for someone to say it! lol
Old 03-15-2012, 08:47 PM
Members

Originally Posted by e60oholic
So here's a question I haven't seen so far. Lets say you have the OEM iPod interface on a 2004. Can you still add the AUX in? I would have really liked that in my old 545 to hook up sat radio instead of Fm transmitter...
The iPod interface works over the fiber optic cable so it does not occupy the pins required to hook up the AUX cable. Same goes for OEM sat radio or CD changer.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:52 AM
Members

After taking my dash apart to see where to attach the aux input I discovered both lower ports to be absent. The black pin box pictured in your photo is absent - I believe it's called X13813 in some diagrams. It's also called A2 on the diagram of bmw's oem aux input. I have searched and searched and can't find the part # for the box. Any idea what the part number is? Or if I were to buy your aux input, will that box come with it. The pins are present that the pin box would attach to, so I believe the only extra thing I would need to attach your aux to my car will be the A2 piece that is present on the oem connector. Thanks.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:57 PM
Members

Originally Posted by soccerfro22
After taking my dash apart to see where to attach the aux input I discovered both lower ports to be absent. The black pin box pictured in your photo is absent - I believe it's called X13813 in some diagrams. It's also called A2 on the diagram of bmw's oem aux input. I have searched and searched and can't find the part # for the box. Any idea what the part number is? Or if I were to buy your aux input, will that box come with it. The pins are present that the pin box would attach to, so I believe the only extra thing I would need to attach your aux to my car will be the A2 piece that is present on the oem connector. Thanks.
I have them on hand. I don't usually send them with the cable because this is the first I have heard of someone not having one. I have installed 8 locally and all of them had it. The only reason I have them is because my Z4 did not have it and I am thinking of making a cable for the Z4 group. Order the cable and make a note in the "note to seller" section telling me to send you one. It is weird that you dont have one though because that is where your amp connects to back of the radio.....Typically. Anyone else who needs one please let me know I have 100. lol
Old 03-16-2012, 06:53 PM
Members

I have sold through the ammount that eBay will allow me to with being a new user. All orders are shipped BTW. If you would like to purchase this cable please PM me your email address and I will send you a PayPal invoice and we will do the transaction through PayPal instead on eBay.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:34 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

I just watched the videos and I must say you have done a wonderful service offering these cables to our community at such an affordable price. Kudos to you sir.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:46 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Kaizen
I just watched the videos and I must say you have done a wonderful service offering these cables to our community at such an affordable price. Kudos to you sir.
Thanks! The video needs to be redone though and it is on the schedule tomorrow.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:04 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i

Originally Posted by brendinernst
Thanks! The video needs to be redone though and it is on the schedule tomorrow.

anyway you could be so kind and tell me the size drill bit you used to make that hole in the cubby ??

thankss!!
Old 03-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 speed, Silver Gray A08, Gray leather Mods: Hard-Wired Passport 9500ix LIVE , K&N Air + RPi Scoop, Mtech V2.1 AE, ACS pedals+Ebrake, flip up front plate, OEM 172's, Custom M Kit, M3 shift knob, Eisemann Race Exhaust 2005 X5 3.0 (the nightmare) 1998 528i SOLD @ 173K

If anyone needs coding in Western New York I can do this for ya!
Old 03-18-2012, 10:16 PM
Members

Originally Posted by e60oholic
If anyone needs coding in Western New York I can do this for ya!
Hey guys sorry for the delay in responses and for not getting the video redone. I got laid off with 1 hours notice yesterday and got my new job today so yeah it's been a crazy weekend. The drill bit that I used was a 1/4" bit.

Quick Reply: E60 AUX Cable PLEASE READ Updated Cable.....